CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the significance of who remembered correctly where the phone was?

Just wondering, how did the boyfriend know where the phone was? He wasn't there. Or am I missing something? Did they not find her phone until later after the boyfriend arrived at the home?

Significance of phone location was both about Karlie state of mind when vanished, and whether this detail by SM was correct or another inaccuracy.

There were many questions early on as to why KG didn't take her phone with her. Did she lose it? Was it taken away from her when she got home, etc?

In response, SM said KB phone was on the kitchen counter, and boyfriend said he saw KB phone in her bedroom and that it was not in the kitchen as cited by SM. I also don't recall if SM ever confirmed if /when phone moved to kitchen. MOO

Significance of phone location was both about Karlie state of mind when vanished, and whether this detail by SM was correct or another inaccuracy.

There were many questions early on as to why KG didn't take her phone with her. Did she lose it? Was it taken away from her when she got home, etc?

In response, SM said KB phone was on the kitchen counter, and boyfriend said he saw KB phone in her bedroom and that it was not in the kitchen as cited by SM. I also don't recall if SM ever confirmed if /when phone moved to kitchen. MOO

To my knowledge, SM has never addressed the phone after her first statement that it was on the kitchen counter.

I am so conflicted over this case. I have a hard time thinking SM killed Karlie. But I keep asking myself why she has told so many lies. And why has the dad gone along with the lies? IMO there is a big secret that they don't want anyone to know. I also don't think they passed the polygraph tests.

I really wish DP had asked more questions and pressed harder. 2 day segment that added no new information. I am not a fan of DP or NG but I will say NG did a better job of trying to get the truth

To my knowledge, SM has never addressed the phone after her first statement that it was on the kitchen counter.

I am so conflicted over this case. I have a hard time thinking SM killed Karlie. But I keep asking myself why she has told so many lies. And why has the dad gone along with the lies? IMO there is a big secret that they don't want anyone to know. I also don't think they passed the polygraph tests.

I really wish DP had asked more questions and pressed harder. 2 day segment that added no new information. I am not a fan of DP or NG but I will say NG did a better job of trying to get the truth
RSBM BBM

".....trying to get the truth"

This right here, IMO, is what the various LEOs have needed to work on from hour one, of day one. Nearing seven (7) months, they need to ask themselves whether they have worked out the lies.

After seeing Dad on DP for the first time, I think it could be as simple as SM covering for him and/or each other. And not that he killed KG, but I think it's quite possible that he was intoxicated when KG/SM got home, a fight ensued, and he or SM (or both) caused KG to leave the house that night. I think neither believed KG would go far, but then she vanished! Also, why would Dad be worried about not having an alibi? That doesn't make a lick of sense either. :eek: MOO

I'm sure LE has figured out the truth of what happened that night at the house.

After seeing Dad on DP for the first time, I think it could be as simple as SM covering for him and/or each other. And not that he killed KG, but I think it's quite possible that he was intoxicated when KG/SM got home, a fight ensued, and he or SM (or both) caused KG to leave the house that night. I think neither believed KG would go far, but then she vanished! Also, why would Dad be worried about not having an alibi? That doesn't make a lick of sense either. :eek: MOO

That whole 'alibi' conversation ratcheted up my 'hinky' meter. Along with the lies, it's one more 'say what?!' in my mind.

LE has no reason to.
With that line of thought, why does LE continue to inform the public about any missing persons case?
Also, you said you were sure about your assertion, just shy of a statement of fact.
Did I miss something? Do you have a link?

With that line of thought, why does LE continue to inform the public about any missing persons case?
Also, you said you were sure about your assertion, just shy of a statement of fact.
Its my opinion. In the many missing persons cases I've followed LE has only divulged what they want the public to know. They have told us she left her home & went missing. The accurate story of the sequence of events from the time SM picked KG up to the time KG left the home is not important to tell the public. jmo. LE has had 5 months & 2 lie detector tests to figure out the sequence of events. I'm following the missing Savannah Spurlock case & LE has hardly told the public anything. Not even where she went missing from.

In my opinion law enforcement may be keeping a low profile so any potential suspects don't feel any heat on them and are free to talk as much as their hearts desire.

There are a few inconsistencies that do not make any sense to me

1. Step Mom's Damaged Car

Things we know: The step Mom's car was damaged and during the initial search she went and got her front end damage repaired.

This is very peculiar to me. I find it incredibly suspicious that the SM would get a minor cosmetic repair done to her car while a loved one is missing.

The theory I keep hearing thrown around in relationship to this piece of evidence is that the SM accidentally hits KG, either on her way to pick her up from the party, or after she left the house in the night as the SM claims. Following the accident KG has a TBI which explains the seeming nonsensical things she was saying. After this she passes away sometime and the SM has to cover up her possible negligence.

I glazed over a lot of the fine details, but big picture I don't understand why the SM would record her if she was showing symptoms of a severe head injury. Also, if she had been injured one would think there may be some kind of blood in the car. There is literally no reasonable explanation for the SM recording her if she was injured, other than she knew she was going to die and had enough foresight to record her delirium as evidence to back up her claims that she ran off in drug induced delirium. I find that incredibly unlikely.

2. Parents on Dr. Phil

Things we know: The SM changed her story between her Dateline interview and her appearance on Dr. Phil. The Dad seemed to be re leaved when the DF suggested that he believed that she might have been kidnapped. The Dad glossed over questions.

When DF asked the dad something about why the parents story kept changing the Dad replied something to the tune of "Who knows how they are going to react to that kind of a thing, MAN"

To me this is incredibly dismissive, as ending the sentence with "man" is incredibly informal language. As a professional salesperson I will often times use terms like "man" to attempt to get the customers to relate to me on a personal level. I most often use apply this strategy when I am trying to get the customer to sympathize with me, as the informal language may make the customer see me as more of a person than as a representative of the company I work for. IMO this is a complete manipulation tactic.

I have picked up a few other body language things from the DF episodes that I have watched. I find it incredibly strange that the dad looked skyward and IMO appeared to experience relief when DF suggested that she had been kidnapped. Between those things and the PI something doesn't smell right. How hard would it be to pay a sketchy PI to verify your claims that you were at home when a recording was made. One could easily have looked to see what shows were on at a certain time and used this to attempt to establish an alibi.

I also think its entirely possible that the story the dad told about waking up and seeing her on drugs, then going back to bed is a complete fabrication. In my opinion this was contrived to back of the claims of the SM.

Obviously none of this is iron clad, but I find that both parents seemed to genuinely experience grief. I am of the opinion that whatever happened to KG, the two conflicting stories the SM told are likely both false, and they are both genuinely sad that she is gone.

I think the most likely scenario is that KG was genuinely on drugs and acting strange after being picked up from the party. The step mom either did something to exasperate it, or ignored it and it lead to her death. The dad is likely protecting the SM for fear of legal repercussions, but as it was an accident, they are both genuinely distraught. I believe both the SM and the Dad know what happened to her, but I don't believe she was kidnapped and I don't think she was intentionally killed by either of the parents. The car damage could either be the key to the case or a complete red herring. I am sure this is something being considered by law enforcement.

Some weird things I noticed that aren't necessarily relevant:

-Bio Mom appeared to be genuinely distraught, but had no tears. As this can be explained as easily as clogged tears ducts or dehydration, I do not believe that this is relevant in any way, just something that crossed my mind as I watched Dr. Phil

-SM seemed incredibly immature. Her speech patterns seemed much more of that of a teenager than that of a parental figure. In my experience that is a trait often seen in the "cool parents" that let you have beers and whatnot.

-I found it really suspicious that the SM went out of her way to keep dropping hints of stimulant abuse. (Her eyes were really dilated, she wasn't making any sense, rapid eye movement ect)" This seems like an attempt to back up her claims that KG left in the early morning and disappeared. If one were going to claim someone was crazy high for 8 hours, some kind of amphetamine would be the drug to blame. I find this aspect to be super sketchy.

-I found that the stepmom seemed to be pretty tweaked in one or two of the FB videos. Odd speech patterns, talking fast, atypical inflections. (Unconfirmed by me, but I believe I saw that the SM has had past substance abuse problems)

-The audio recording could have been from another night. I could easily drag and drop a recorded audio file onto my computer, replay it through my speakers, and rerecord it at another date and time of my choosing.

Anyway, these are all the things that I found odd in researching this case. Of course there are countless other strange things going on, but I haven't heard one really solid theory that makes a ton of sense when you consider all of the evidence.

Last edited:
In my opinion law enforcement may be keeping a low profile so any potential suspects don't feel any heat on them and are free to talk as much as their hearts desire.

There are a few inconsistencies that do not make any sense to me

1. Step Mom's Damaged Car

Things we know: The step Mom's car was damaged and during the initial search she went and got her front end damage repaired.

This is very peculiar to me. I find it incredibly suspicious that the SM would get a minor cosmetic repair done to her car while a loved one is missing.

The theory I keep hearing thrown around in relationship to this piece of evidence is that the SM accidentally hits KG, either on her way to pick her up from the party, or after she left the house in the night as the SM claims. Following the accident KG has a TBI which explains the seeming nonsensical things she was saying. After this she passes away sometime and the SM has to cover up her possible negligence.

I glazed over a lot of the fine details, but big picture I don't understand why the SM would record her if she was showing symptoms of a severe head injury. Also, if she had been injured one would think there may be some kind of blood in the car. There is literally no reasonable explanation for the SM recording her if she was injured, other than she knew she was going to die and had enough foresight to record her delirium as evidence to back up her claims that she ran off in drug induced delirium. I find that incredibly unlikely.

2. Parents on Dr. Phil

Things we know: The SM changed her story between her Dateline interview and her appearance on Dr. Phil. The Dad seemed to be re leaved when the DF suggested that he believed that she might have been kidnapped. The Dad glossed over questions.

When DF asked the dad something about why the parents story kept changing the Dad replied something to the tune of "Who knows how they are going to react to that kind of a thing, MAN"

To me this is incredibly dismissive, as ending the sentence with "man" is incredibly informal language. As a professional salesperson I will often times use terms like "man" to attempt to get the customers to relate to me on a personal level. I most often use apply this strategy when I am trying to get the customer to sympathize with me, as the informal language may make the customer see me as more of a person than as a representative of the company I work for. IMO this is a complete manipulation tactic.

I have picked up a few other body language things from the DF episodes that I have watched. I find it incredibly strange that the dad looked skyward and IMO appeared to experience relief when DF suggested that she had been kidnapped. Between those things and the PI something doesn't smell right. How hard would it be to pay a sketchy PI to verify your claims that you were at home when a recording was made. One could easily have looked to see what shows were on at a certain time and used this to attempt to establish an alibi.

I also think its entirely possible that the story the dad told about waking up and seeing her on drugs, then going back to bed is a complete fabrication. In my opinion this was contrived to back of the claims of the SM.

Obviously none of this is iron clad, but I find that both parents seemed to genuinely experience grief. I am of the opinion that whatever happened to KG, the two conflicting stories the SM told are likely both false, and they are both genuinely sad that she is gone.

I think the most likely scenario is that KG was genuinely on drugs and acting strange after being picked up from the party. The step mom either did something to exasperate it, or ignored it and it lead to her death. The dad is likely protecting the SM for fear of legal repercussions, but as it was an accident, they are both genuinely distraught. I believe both the SM and the Dad know what happened to her, but I don't believe she was kidnapped and I don't think she was intentionally killed by either of the parents. The car damage could either be the key to the case or a complete red herring. I am sure this is something being considered by law enforcement.

Some weird things I noticed that aren't necessarily relevant:

-Bio Mom appeared to be genuinely distraught, but had no tears. As this can be explained as easily as clogged tears ducts or dehydration, I do not believe that this is relevant in any way, just something that crossed my mind as I watched Dr. Phil

-SM seemed incredibly immature. Her speech patterns seemed much more of that of a teenager than that of a parental figure. In my experience that is a trait often seen in the "cool parents" that let you have beers and whatnot.

-I found it really suspicious that the SM went out of her way to keep dropping hints of stimulant abuse. (Her eyes were really dilated, she wasn't making any sense, rapid eye movement ect)" This seems like an attempt to back up her claims that KG left in the early morning and disappeared. If one were going to claim someone was crazy high for 8 hours, some kind of amphetamine would be the drug to blame. I find this aspect to be super sketchy.

-I found that the stepmom seemed to be pretty tweaked in one or two of the FB videos. Odd speech patterns, talking fast, atypical inflections. (Unconfirmed by me, but I believe I saw that the SM has had past substance abuse problems)

-The audio recording could have been from another night. I could easily drag and drop a recorded audio file onto my computer, replay it through my speakers, and rerecord it at another date and time of my choosing.

Anyway, these are all the things that I found odd in researching this case. Of course there are countless other strange things going on, but I haven't heard one really solid theory that makes a ton of sense when you consider all of the evidence.

How do we know that the repair "was a minor cosmetic repair"?

Bio Mom appeared to be genuinely distraught, but had no tears. As this can be explained as easily as clogged tears ducts or dehydration, I do not believe that this is relevant in any way, just something that crossed my mind as I watched Dr. Phil
The online criticism of LF (BM or just "Mom") seemed contrived. There is absolutely nothing tying her to events that evening and next morning. What would anyone try to imply about visible tears? There is less than zero reason to think that Lindsay is anything other than genuine. That she has been left to feel like she is on the outside of the investigation is beyond horrible.

The online criticism of LF (BM or just "Mom") seemed contrived. There is absolutely nothing tying her to events that evening and next morning. What would anyone try to imply about visible tears? There is less than zero reason to think that Lindsay is anything other than genuine. That she has been left to feel like she is on the outside of the investigation is beyond horrible.

Its relavant because other people have brought up her crying. I was not accusing her of anything, nor casting doubt on her being anything other than a grieving mother. I was debunking and dismissing claims that she was fake crying, although it was something I noticed when watching DP.

I wrote the entire post essentially as a stream of consciousness. There is absolutely no reason to suspect BM of anything. Although to be devil's advocate, it's possible that some of her outbursts may have been embellished to bring additional public sympathy and support in her mission to get the case out of the hands of local law enforcement and into the hand of the FBI. I explained that no tear crying can be biologically explained away and this requires no looking into.

Last edited:
Its relavant because other people have brought up her crying. I was not accusing her of anything, nor casting doubt on her being anything other than a grieving mother. I was debunking and dismissing claims that she was fake crying, although it was something I noticed when watching DP.

I wrote the entire post essentially as a stream of consciousness. There is absolutely no reason to suspect BM of anything. Although to be devil's advocate, it's possible that some of her outbursts may have been embellished to bring additional public sympathy and support in her mission to get the case out of the hands of local law enforcement and into the hand of the FBI. I explained that no tear crying can be biologically explained away and this requires no looking into.
I was just siding with you, but feel even stronger about it. I didn't take your post as accusing her of anything. I fully can't understand why the other online posts would be critical or accusing as it makes no sense. I agree with you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member