Identified! The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue? - Julie Gwenn Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure where to post this as I can’t really find a specific discussion thread for PB. But has anyone submitted her to the DNA Doe Project? Or suggested it to the investigators?

Probably a silly question - but have you contacted them to suggest this girl? I think your comparisons make it HIGHLY likely this could be Princess Blue! Great job!
They both have DNA on file though?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I just chased the tail of this discussion through 4 threads. Was it ever determined if she had any clothing on the body? There were a whole lot of girls found naked with only jewelry along the sides of highways in the 1980's. It is strange to me that they would leave jewelry on the body and take the clothing/personal effects.

Any updates on this case??? It is one of the cases I really would like to see resolved, and this looks promising.
I was just wondering the same thing?
I'm new to this so I don't really know where to start but I definitely want to help.

I came across this case recently and noticed several similarities between Princess Blue and Christina Jeanette Chandler (missing from Fort Worth, TX; DOB 1/19/1961). Chandler is not on Princess Blue's NAMUS Exclusion List. AKA: Christina Janetta Zeger, Chrystal Chandler, Chris Zeger, Chrissy Chandler.
Chandler's NAMUS profile has a missing date of 1990 but stated they weren't certain of her date of disappearance and she received a citation dated August 4, 1990. Her Charley Project profile states, "Some agencies may state that Chandler disappeared sometime during 1989." Chandler's car was found in Lubbock, Texas in 1990.

Chandler's Similarities to Princess Blue:
- Chandler's height is 5'2"
- Chandler had a tattoo of a unicorn on her back and is known for wearing silver and turquoise jewelry. Princess Blue was found with a turquoise & silver/white-gold unicorn ring, silver scroll ring, and 2 thin silver/white-gold bands. Stephen Spignesi's blog, "Know What the Jeweler Knows" states: WHITE GOLD: White gold is the most popular "silver" metal. It's used primarily for rings, although you can also find chains, bracelets, and other pieces of jewelry in white gold if you look hard enough, or special order it.
- The Harris County Coroner's autopsy of Princess Blue, using the Universal Numbering System for dental notation, stated these findings: "There was a large caries on the buccal aspect in tooth 2 and tooth 5 was missing postmortem. Tooth 6 (upper right canine) had extensive caries at the mesial surface extending to the buccal surface as well as toward the lingual area. Tooth 10 was surgically absent and the corresponding alveolar space partially obliterated by mature bone." When you compare Princess Blue's dental findings to the color picture of Chandler I added below, there are similarities.
attachment.php

attachment.php
Princess Blue's turquoise and silver/white gold unicorn ring.

Chandler's NAMUS Profile: Missing Person Case
Chandler's Doe Profile: 591DFTX - Christina Jeanette Chandler
Chandler's Charlie Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/chandler_christina.html
Princess Blue NAMUS: Unidentified Person Case
Princess Blue NCMEC: Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1990

What are your thoughts on this?
Princess Blue is thought to be around 15-25 some sources capping her age more around 19 so Chandler may have been overlooked because of her age, she would have been about 29 at the time of her disappearance putting her a bit older than Princess Blues assumed age but other than that everything seems sound.
Edit: I forgot to add that Princess Blue was originally ID'ed as Hispanic but further analysis showed that she most likely had a black parent or grandparent making her mixed, while Chandlers NAMUS file shows her as white.

I think I may have found another possible match for Princess Blue. Sheila Cooks, missingin 1979. There's not much in her NAMUS profile and her name seems to be spelled wrong but I found an interview with her living sister.
Crimewatch: Austin teen missing since 1979
Missing Person Case
Owch I just noticed my typo sorry

Here's some of her information:

Missing Person / NamUs #MP27940 Shelia Cooks, Female, Black / African American
Date of Last Contact: May 16, 1979
Missing From: Austin, Texas
Missing Age: 18 Years
Current Age: 58 Years

Case Information

Demographics
First Name: Sheila
Last Name: Cooks
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 3" (63 Inches)
Weight: 95 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American

Circumstances
NamUs Case Created: March 6, 2015
Last Known Location
County: Travis County

Circumstances of Disappearance: Shelia Cooks was last seen on May 16, 1979
Physical Description
Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered
Additional Case Info

Transportation
No Information Entered
Images & Documents

Thumbnail

And here's most of the interview with her sister Fredia Butler:

"My sister told me she needed a ride," Butler said.

Sheila, who was 18 at the time, had an appointment with her probation officer. The building still stands on the corner of Airport and 381/2 Street in East Austin.

She typically walked to the meetings with her older brothers. That day, her only option was to set off by herself. At the time, her favorite meal was on the stove. Fredia says her mother tried to get Sheila to eat before she left the house.

"Sheila said, 'no, I can't wait to get back here so I can eat momma. I'm going to eat those beans when I get back.' She never came. She never came," said Butler.

Eight hours later Fredia's mother was on her doorstep.

"She said 'Fredia, Sheila is not at home.' Immediately it was like I was hit by thunder. We jumped up. We knew that was not normal," she said. "We knew something happened, so we walked the way she would have walked, scan that area and start looking for Sheila on foot. I'll never forget that."

Sheila left her mother's home located at 1193 1/2 San Bernard. Her destination was two-and-a-half miles away at 1825 East 38 1/2 Street.

After re-tracing those steps, the family called police. Neighbors and church groups also searched.

Austin police investigated and learned that Sheila made her appointment. What happened after she left is a mystery.

"Something happened to Sheila. Something happened to her. Someone hurt her," said Butler.

Sheila was born in 1960, the fourth of ten children.

"She loved to dance, she really danced," said Butler.

She was fairly petite, standing 5'3" tall, but Fredia says her sister did not mess around. She was straight forward and tough.

"I'm thinking it could've been someone she knew, 'cause she wasn't an easy person. You just couldn't pick her up," said Butler.

So many years have gone by. Sheila's mother and father have since passed away. Fredia, the oldest sibling, is more determined than ever to find out what happened on that hot summer day in 1979.

"All we want is closure. We want a memorial. To bury our sister," she said. "I know she's out there. Somebody seen something, and I don't care how old they are. I want justice for this girl."

Her NAMUS profile spells her name as Shelia Cooks but almost everywhere else I can find her its spell Sheila. She matches the age and height, the picture is grainy but it doesn't look too off.

Owch I just noticed my typo sorry

Here's some of her information:

Missing Person / NamUs #MP27940 Shelia Cooks, Female, Black / African American
Missing From: Austin, Texas

Case Information

Demographics
First Name: Sheila
Last Name: Cooks
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 3" (63 Inches)
Weight: 95 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American

Circumstances
NamUs Case Created: March 6, 2015
Last Known Location
County: Travis County

Circumstances of Disappearance: Shelia Cooks was last seen on May 16, 1979
Physical Description
Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered
Additional Case Info

Transportation
No Information Entered
Images & Documents

Thumbnail

And here's most of the interview with her sister Fredia Butler:

"My sister told me she needed a ride," Butler said.

Sheila, who was 18 at the time, had an appointment with her probation officer. The building still stands on the corner of Airport and 381/2 Street in East Austin.

She typically walked to the meetings with her older brothers. That day, her only option was to set off by herself. At the time, her favorite meal was on the stove. Fredia says her mother tried to get Sheila to eat before she left the house.

"Sheila said, 'no, I can't wait to get back here so I can eat momma. I'm going to eat those beans when I get back.' She never came. She never came," said Butler.

Eight hours later Fredia's mother was on her doorstep.

"She said 'Fredia, Sheila is not at home.' Immediately it was like I was hit by thunder. We jumped up. We knew that was not normal," she said. "We knew something happened, so we walked the way she would have walked, scan that area and start looking for Sheila on foot. I'll never forget that."

Sheila left her mother's home located at 1193 1/2 San Bernard. Her destination was two-and-a-half miles away at 1825 East 38 1/2 Street.

After re-tracing those steps, the family called police. Neighbors and church groups also searched.

Austin police investigated and learned that Sheila made her appointment. What happened after she left is a mystery.

"Something happened to Sheila. Something happened to her. Someone hurt her," said Butler.

Sheila was born in 1960, the fourth of ten children.

"She loved to dance, she really danced," said Butler.

She was fairly petite, standing 5'3" tall, but Fredia says her sister did not mess around. She was straight forward and tough.

"I'm thinking it could've been someone she knew, 'cause she wasn't an easy person. You just couldn't pick her up," said Butler.

So many years have gone by. Sheila's mother and father have since passed away. Fredia, the oldest sibling, is more determined than ever to find out what happened on that hot summer day in 1979.

"All we want is closure. We want a memorial. To bury our sister," she said. "I know she's out there. Somebody seen something, and I don't care how old they are. I want justice for this girl."

Her NAMUS profile spells her name as Shelia Cooks but almost everywhere else I can find her its spell Sheila. She matches the age and height, the picture is grainy but it doesn't look too off.

Turns out my math is a little questionable but she's still relatively close to the right age range, and in the news story her sister says that she was fairly small for her age. Also here's a side by side of their pictures:
28087681_1_11579_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

19045674_117726748352.jpg

Turns out my math is a little questionable but she's still relatively close to the right age range, and in the news story her sister says that she was fairly small for her age. Also here's a side by side of their pictures:
28087681_1_11579_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

19045674_117726748352.jpg

I totally see the similarity. Jaw shape, nose shape, eyebrows...all seem to match up.

Just came across this case and it's fascinating. Here's some things that I've wondered with Sheila possibly being Princess Blue.
What doesn't make sense:
-She went missing in 79 and Princess Blue was discovered in 90, with an estimate that the skeletal remains are 1-5 years old. How reliable is that estimate? It would be stretching the probability of it being her a good 5-6 years.
What makes sense:
-Height (5'3") and weight (95 lbs, slight build).
-Mixed race w/ a black parent or grandparent. Not sure of the race of her parents, but it seems like this checks out.
-Facial structure matches up.
Some extra questions:
-She comes from a family with 10 siblings, so I'm assuming money was tight, even with her working. I'm wondering the price of the jewelry found on the body.
Was the pearl bracelet authentic? Did she have friends or siblings in Austin who would give her a '75 ring, as she would be 14 at the time?

I'm doubtful that LE could do DNA comparison. I would love to know if they have Princess Blue's DNA on file, as they could possibly use newer technology to find generational matches (i.e. Golden State Killer).

There are copies of the '75 yearbook for Robert E. Lee high school available to order and there's a site for alumni if I find the links again I'll put them here
Edit: 75' class site: Robert E Lee High School Class Of 1975 Alumni, Houston, TX
Edit 2 The yearbook: https://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Robert-E-Lee-High-School/4182710468/buy?dsource=pub|14688|promotion|2860|13884
Could we not contact the females or search them somehow from this class to see who is accounted for and who is not? I would also like to know what size is the class ring and what size was it initially? Is it possible that the ring belongs to a boyfriend or family member? I have my dad’s. So this I would be curious about.

Just came across this case and it's fascinating. Here's some things that I've wondered with Sheila possibly being Princess Blue.
What doesn't make sense:
-She went missing in 79 and Princess Blue was discovered in 90, with an estimate that the skeletal remains are 1-5 years old. How reliable is that estimate? It would be stretching the probability of it being her a good 5-6 years.
What makes sense:
-Height (5'3") and weight (95 lbs, slight build).
-Mixed race w/ a black parent or grandparent. Not sure of the race of her parents, but it seems like this checks out.
-Facial structure matches up.
Some extra questions:
-She comes from a family with 10 siblings, so I'm assuming money was tight, even with her working. I'm wondering the price of the jewelry found on the body.
Was the pearl bracelet authentic? Did she have friends or siblings in Austin who would give her a '75 ring, as she would be 14 at the time?

I'm doubtful that LE could do DNA comparison. I would love to know if they have Princess Blue's DNA on file, as they could possibly use newer technology to find generational matches (i.e. Golden State Killer).

I was thinking that its possible she didn't die immediately, giving her time between her disappearance and death for picking up the ring or other things happening. Possibly trying to take strain off her family or for some other reason she ran off to somewhere near Houston, picked up the ring and possibly lived around there for a while then died, but thats entirely theoretical.

Could we not contact the females or search them somehow from this class to see who is accounted for and who is not? I would also like to know what size is the class ring and what size was it initially? Is it possible that the ring belongs to a boyfriend or family member? I have my dad’s. So this I would be curious about.

From what I've read the ring size when it was found was a 9.5 and was resized twice. I can't find what the original ring size was though.

I noticed something while following another thread on the Alcala unidentified. There is a young woman with a plaid hat, who was wearing unusual eye makeup. Faerieskye edited out the eyeliner, and posted the cleaner image, which I think looks like PB.

Alcala was born in Texas. He has been incarcerated since 1980, but perhaps PB remains are older than 1985? Would explain a 1975 class ring....

Screenshot_2019-04-21-18-48-50_kindlephoto-37651164.png Screenshot_2019-04-21-18-47-23_kindlephoto-37570757.png

Last edited:
But I wonder if it was sized larger or smaller. Larger maybe a family member?

But I wonder if it was sized larger or smaller. Larger maybe a family member?
I need to make a correction about the REL class ring, I've looked through the information here and the only thing I found was that it had been resized twice. It doesn't say resized up or down,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288