AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if when Mrs. Carol did that interview she knew the piece was going to be used to sow doubt about LE having the right suspect. Barring any errors in testing the one in 38.3 decillion chance the semen found on JB's underwear was someone other than who they arrested is a statistical impossibility. Like the single comment at the bottom says, it's a misleading article.

He had avoided getting his DNA taken twice in a parental matter, for some unknown reason, but now that it has been taken, it will be interesting to see if any other crimes turn up.

That’s actually false he didn’t avoid getting his DNA twice. That story was written in error and has since been retracted.

Yes I’ve talked with them. I can’t go into detail but more will be coming out soon.

Of course.
I was hoping there would be follow through on that. Something of substance.
We’ll see.

All the attorney wants to do is put doubt in the media. He really expects people to believe that his client's semen (DNA) is found on JB and he lived less than 1.5 mile from the big little AND where the car was found. IF he was so innocent then he would've came forward a long time ago. I hate people that use religion as a tool to hide behind. And as far as his wife goes, she cant say that there's NO WAY he could have done this.
<modsnip - violation of TOS bashing relatives>
I believe an eye for an eye. As always......this is just my thoughts and opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be ideal, in my opinion, would be a deal for him to plead guilty and give the details of what happened that night in exchange for life without parole. I certainly can understand if the families prefer a death sentence trial, though.
It would be even better if he was a TRUE CHRISTIAN and would do that anyways. Life without parole means that he gets a bed, 3meals a day, roof over his head and a phone to talk to his family when he wants. All while we (tax payers) pay for it. He still gets off with a slap on the wrist compared to JB and Tracie. Eye for an eye is the way I see it. JMO

There is no way that i believe this rather unnatractive 25 yr old from Ozark had a relationship going with a pretty (then) 16 yr old high school student from Dothan. No way.
I agree 110%!!! For DH (David Harrison) to say that it was consensual sex is absurd!! Back in 99 you didn't see a lot of white girls with black guys and I don't think for one second that he knew or had consensual sex with JB. He's already said he didn't know either of them and David wants that thrown out so he can spin his lies to get him off. I got an IDEA.........how about just tell the damn truth and admit what he did.

She encouraged him to give the cops the DNA sample and he did because they obviously didn’t feel like they had anything to hide. People are forgetting that.

All the attorney wants to do is put doubt in the media. He really expects people to believe that his client's semen (DNA) is found on JB and he lived less than 1.5 mile from the big little AND where the car was found. IF he was so innocent then he would've came forward a long time ago. I hate people that use religion as a tool to hide behind. And as far as his wife goes, she cant say that there's NO WAY he could have done this.
<modsnip>
I believe an eye for an eye. As always......this is just my thoughts and opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the attorney wants to do is put doubt in the media. He really expects people to believe that his client's semen (DNA) is found on JB and he lived less than 1.5 mile from the big little AND where the car was found. IF he was so innocent then he would've came forward a long time ago. I hate people that use religion as a tool to hide behind. And as far as his wife goes, she cant say that there's NO WAY he could have done this. She probably don't want to loose her meal ticket if he goes to prison. A TRUE CHRISTIAN WOMAN should be encouraging him to tell the TRUTH!!!! I believe an eye for an eye. As always......this is just my thoughts and opinion.
Of course the lawyer now says this guy knew the
I agree 110%!!! For DH (David Harrison) to say that it was consensual sex is absurd!! Back in 99 you didn't see a lot of white girls with black guys and I don't think for one second that he knew or had consensual sex with JB. He's already said he didn't know either of them and David wants that thrown out so he can spin his lies to get him off. I got an IDEA.........how about just tell the damn truth and admit what he did.
Agreed!

McCraney, who has been charged with capital murder in connection with the girls’ murders, was ordered to submit DNA by a judge as part of a paternity petition from a woman who claimed McCraney was the father of her child born in September of 1998, according to court documents reviewed by the Dothan Eagle. The order for DNA submission was made July 30, 1999, by Ozark judge Fred Steagall.

[...]

McCraney failed to appear for the DNA test, and failed to appear in response to a second DNA test order several months later.

Coley McCraney, charged in deaths of J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett, stayed in Ozark, Dothan since slayings

ETA: I can't find a retraction in any of their later articles and it states this media outlet has seen the court records.

McCraney, who has been charged with capital murder in connection with the girls’ murders, was ordered to submit DNA by a judge as part of a paternity petition from a woman who claimed McCraney was the father of her child born in September of 1998, according to court documents reviewed by the Dothan Eagle. The order for DNA submission was made July 30, 1999, by Ozark judge Fred Steagall.

[...]

McCraney failed to appear for the DNA test, and failed to appear in response to a second DNA test order several months later.

Coley McCraney, charged in deaths of J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett, stayed in Ozark, Dothan since slayings

ETA: I can't find a retraction in any of their later articles and it states this media outlet has seen the court records.

The date for the order of DNA submission ordered by Judge Steagall sure stands out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
The date for the order of DNA submission ordered by Judge Steagall sure stands out like a sore thumb.
Then add about 7-10 business days for the order to be processed and mailed. He probably would have received the order around mid August, just before utilities were shut off and he moved.

The job of an attorney is not to convict his client before trial.

The job of an attorney is not to convict his client before trial.

You are correct. OPD didn’t help themselves very much either with a 27 hour interrogation (if the time report and metadata is accurate) and nothing to show for it. But time will tell. Everything isn’t out yet from either (or all) sides. I had hoped that this would not become a dumpster fire before it was over. Hopefully it won’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member