Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see everyone again :)
For loss of control (I assume you mean), they wouldn’t necessarily need to be an emotional response, but very much can be. Really, the law was changed from provocation which makes it easier to be satisfied for a non-personal stimulus to set off the loss of control. There just needs a qualifying trigger under s55 Coroners and Justice Act 1954 where’s Ds loss of self control attributable to fear of serious violence from another or thing(s) said or done (or both) which were grave in the circumstances of D and cause D to have justifiable sense of being seriously wronged (both decided objectively). Someone set out above me the ways to reduce murder to manslaughter and it’s correct. To conclude, need not have personal emotional connection (e.g. taunting may suffice), but is not discriminatory against a personal connection either.
Thanks. I'd say any defence would Struggle to present a very vulnerable drunk and freezing cold young woman as someone that PR could claim had threatened or provoked him. He would Struggle to present a realistic justifiable sense of being seriously wronged. In grey Beard we have a witness to her vulnerable state just before she disappears. So threatening PR or provoking him couldn't happen

If we're looking for 100% surety nobody would ever go to prison. We're looking for beyond all reasonable doubt

If she died by drowning I'd be surprised if LE would firstly say potential homicide and then homicide. Wouldn't it be suspicious circumstances or unexplained death.

Without a clear link beyond him taking her into the park there would be reasonable doubt imo

I did jury service a few years back and the judge told us they no longer used the term beyond reasonable doubt ...he told us to convict we had to "be sure"

Can his other crimes even be mentioned to a UK jury, assuming he is ever charged?

And proving who was the last person to see a missing person, who was outside and seen to be wandering aimlessly imo, can be difficult. P may be the last known person...but that does not make him the last person. And in any event, has that blurry video been stated to be P and L beyond doubt?

Without a clear link beyond him taking her into the park there would be reasonable doubt imo

I did jury service a few years back and the judge told us they no longer used the term beyond reasonable doubt ...he told us to convict we had to "be sure"

Just add this was his way of explaining in layman's terms

In the Milly Dowler murder her remains weren't found for 6 months and there were no forensics left. Her killer wasn't brought to trial until 9 years after her murder. That allowed him to present a defence of her committing suicide. But he was convicted of her murder.

If I remember correctly, didn't the breakthrough that linked Levi Bellfield to Milly Dowler come when one of his former partners (at great risk to herself and showing considerable personal courage) changed her statement and un-alibi-ed him for one of the crucial parts of the timeline? It was a while ago and I may be getting this wrong...

Maybe the police and CPS are hoping that the longer they hold off before charging the current suspect, the more they might have a chance of something similar happening with one of his friends, colleagues or family
[/QUOTE]
Was that Milly's murder or Amelie Delagrange I can't remember? He was an evil b@@@##d already serving life by the time he was charged with Milly's murder.

I do recall his very brave partner played a huge part in bringing him to justice in both cases. And I think in helping police get him off the street on an unrelated charge before they had enough evidence to charge him with Amelie's murder. I think there were serious concerns he'd kill again but they didn't have enough to charge him. They didn't have enough at that point so she told him about the times he'd raped her and they used that. She was very brave.

Can his other crimes even be mentioned to a UK jury, assuming he is ever charged?

And proving who was the last person to see a missing person, who was outside and seen to be wandering aimlessly imo, can be difficult. P may be the last known person...but that does not make him the last person. And in any event, has that blurry video been stated to be P and L beyond doubt?
Not the ones he's been charged with and will stand trial for. However lots of people have said they thought there would be far more charges. And various things have disappeared from MSM and sm.

However as it stands he's going to stand trial for 12 distinct unrelated crimes. Of different types - burglary, voyeurism, offending public decency and receiving stolen goods.

Obviously if you have a serial offender like PR allegedly is, I guess it makes financial sense to charge and try a group of similar offences. But I guess it also helps a jury to see a pattern of offending especially over a period of time.

So although they can't mention previous offences or charges could they do similar with any charge relating to Libby?

Maybe @Happylappy101 or anyone else could answer this - could they charge him with, for example, stalking person a, offening pubic decency seen by person b, sexually motivated burglary against c and a abduction and murder of Libby and try them together? So just like the 12 charges he's going to court on soon. More than just Libby. Especially if they relate in some way?

Circumstantial evidence can make you sure though if there is enough of it. In this case the little circumstantial evidence we have is quite compelling. Not enough for a court of law by any means but I assume the police have far more. You couldn't have got PR from Spidercam because you'd need anpr to initially ID the cars owner. So maybe they have that.

There was a lot of circumstantial evidence in Levi Belfield's conviction for Milly Dowler's murder and no forensics.

I'm guessing from sisters comments they will have DNA linking him to Libby.

We don't know what else police have or how far back they've gone to show a pattern. If one person genuinely heard screams how many others did? Did grey Beard see PR and that's what made him stop? Did the hammer, screwdriver and lipstick have PRs DNA on them? Did other witnesses see him with her? Have the Croda witnesses come forward.

This is a tad off piste but in skimming the recent threads I've noted that maybe the people who are posting from out of area, and asking, for instance, about direct access to the Humber, could maybe do with something like this (apologies in advance to the Hullensians who will no doubt guffaw at its naivety)

The main roads into/out of Hull radiate like the spokes of a bike wheel - coming in from the west, Clive Sullivan way, which morphs into what used to be Hessle Road. Coming in from the north-west, Anlaby Road. The main north-south axis is Beverley Road (picked out in red). Leading off out to the north-east into the plain of Holderness is Holderness Road (the clue is in the title) and Hedon Road sets off due east past Hedon itself and eventually on to Spurn.

The crucial area for the case is inside that red ring with the crossroads of Clough Road and Beverley Road at its centre. That ring includes Haworth Avenue, the bench, Libby's street, and the Oak Road playing fields.

As far as the Humber waterfront is concerned, I've annotated the various access points and why, by and large, they are unsuitable. For my money, if Libby didn't float all the way down the River Hull and into the Humber, then the best bet would be the suggestion made by board member @winterhills who identified a place out at Paull which I have to say I was skeptical about at first but which draws me more and more - except that, for it to work:

If he did it the same night it's a long drive past places like the ferry terminal and BP's chemical complex out at Saltend which would undoubtedly have CCTV, and he would have to have known about the place in advance and known that the tide would be in. Or he waited and did it another night, which is even less feasible.

Anyway I offer this up in the hope it might be of some help to somebody. If not, just use it for origami practice.

Attachments

• mapannotated.jpg
    mapannotated.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 50
I am hoping ,knowing about his previous sexually deviant activities ,PR's wife may not be supportive of him and and give evidence against him.
Perhaps clothes missing or being washed.
I'm really hoping for something. Not just for Libby and those that loved her but for everyone else that might be at risk of he's released

Last edited:
This is a tad off piste but in skimming the recent threads I've noted that maybe the people who are posting from out of area, and asking, for instance, about direct access to the Humber, could maybe do with something like this (apologies in advance to the Hullensians who will no doubt guffaw at its naivety)

The main roads into/out of Hull radiate like the spokes of a bike wheel - coming in from the west, Clive Sullivan way, which morphs into what used to be Hessle Road. Coming in from the north-west, Anlaby Road. The main north-south axis is Beverley Road (picked out in red). Leading off out to the north-east into the plain of Holderness is Holderness Road (the clue is in the title) and Hedon Road sets off due east past Hedon itself and eventually on to Spurn.

The crucial area for the case is inside that red ring with the crossroads of Clough Road and Beverley Road at its centre. That ring includes Haworth Avenue, the bench, Libby's street, and the Oak Road playing fields.

As far as the Humber waterfront is concerned, I've annotated the various access points and why, by and large, they are unsuitable. For my money, if Libby didn't float all the way down the River Hull and into the Humber, then the best bet would be the suggestion made by board member @winterhills who identified a place out at Paull which I have to say I was skeptical about at first but which draws me more and more - except that, for it to work:

If he did it the same night it's a long drive past places like the ferry terminal and BP's chemical complex out at Saltend which would undoubtedly have CCTV, and he would have to have known about the place in advance and known that the tide would be in. Or he waited and did it another night, which is even less feasible.

Anyway I offer this up in the hope it might be of some help to somebody. If not, just use it for origami practice.
Very, very useful to non Hullensians. Thanks.

I'd assume he'd be caught on CCTV heading out towards Paull before he even got to the CCTV you've cited. Police haven't searched out that way at all have they?

I know they they'd asked for CCTV and dashcam footage from around the areas where Libby was last seen within a certain time frame. Does anyone know whether CCTV was requested from anywhere else outside that area? Such so towards Paull?

Thank you @Miss_French for expanding on the manslaughter issue, you said what I was thinking but couldn’t get into words :confused:

It’s not a case that I think PR should only be tried for manslaughter, not at all. I believe his intent to harm was there the moment he clapped eyes on Libby. I was merely highlighting concern over the strong possibility he may not receive the harshest punishment due to the delay in charges, the time Libby has spent in water, possible lack of evidence after entering the park etc ...
I’d have him hung, drawn & quartered but I’m concerned the bar is set too high for what LE currently have.

Thanks to @jessie and @Miss_French for the CPS link. Really interesting, though can’t pretend to understand it all !
So a ‘loss of control’ can be argued to reduce the offence to an act of voluntary manslaughter instead of murder. Remaining hopeful that he would have no chance with this line as the ‘Qualifying Trigger’ components just do not fit at all with Libby.

Attachments

• 102D3E6A-DC93-4654-AA7A-69201897A84A.png
    102D3E6A-DC93-4654-AA7A-69201897A84A.png
    301.4 KB · Views: 9
Jmo, I know it is not a great example, but when they charged Casey Anthony with a lot of different things, it backfired in the least expected way. Anyway, in the UK my guess is they charge only what and if they believe can be proven, i.e for “stalking” there would need to be proof he followed her rather than encountered her, etc...

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Just to clear up any confusion,
I’m ‘Winterbells’ by the way, not ‘Winterhills’

Very, very useful to non Hullensians. Thanks.

I'd assume he'd be caught on CCTV heading out towards Paull before he even got to the CCTV you've cited. Police haven't searched out that way at all have they?

I know they they'd asked for CCTV and dashcam footage from around the areas where Libby was last seen within a certain time frame. Does anyone know whether CCTV was requested from anywhere else outside that area? Such so towards Paull?

I've no idea whether the police have looked at CCTV on the route from the potential crime scene out towards Paull, though yes, there will be "public" CCTV as well as that from the specific sites I mentioned. I doubt they have because as far as I can see only @Winterbells has taken the trouble to scour Google street view & pick it out. I remember when I were nobbut a lad being taken out to Paull - it was one of my Dad's Sunday runs out, and he also used to take me to Paull Air Show - and I always remember mud flats offshore. But then that was 40-odd years ago...

I've no idea whether the police have looked at CCTV on the route from the potential crime scene out towards Paull, though yes, there will be "public" CCTV as well as that from the specific sites I mentioned. I doubt they have because as far as I can see only @Winterbells has taken the trouble to scour Google street view & pick it out. I remember when I were nobbut a lad being taken out to Paull - it was one of my Dad's Sunday runs out, and he also used to take me to Paull Air Show - and I always remember mud flats offshore. But then that was 40-odd years ago...
But would it really take that long to drive there and back on a winter's night? Google says it's only about 20mins from Oak Road playing fields by car to Town End Road.
(edited loads sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members