Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless someone has taken Leah with the hope of subsequently 'finding' her,I can not see how offering a reward would change the outcome of this case.

Unless someone has taken Leah with the hope of subsequently 'finding' her,I can not see how offering a reward would change the outcome of this case.
I agree with you in this one Skigh. I think that LE know it won’t make a difference because they do not believe she’s been abducted IMOO.

My thinking has done a 360, I personally no longer get the impression Leah has been abducted, I have started to think this mainly because of the things not being said/ lack of appeals by poignant parties (publicly or online) , as well as comments (looking back) before her disappearance I have read.

My theory is now
A- Run off with BF
B- Depressed and wanted time out to break away from the mundane norm
C- Depressed and wanted to feel special and missed so ran away. (May be too afraid to return due to publicity)

All my own thoughts/ theories only.

One of the potential problems I can foresee of turning a reward offer down is that you will never know whether it would make a difference to the outcome of this particular case.

I am sort of hoping that Leah will turn up with some form of amnesia or something. I know it is unlikely but this whole thing is odd).
I agree with your 2nd point 100%

I agree with you in this one Skigh. I think that LE know it won’t make a difference because they do not believe she’s been abducted IMOO.

My thinking has done a 360, I personally no longer get the impression Leah has been abducted, I have started to think this mainly because of the things not being said/ lack of appeals by poignant parties (publicly or online) , as well as comments (looking back) before her disappearance I have read.

My theory is now
A- Run off with BF
B- Depressed and wanted time out to break away from the mundane norm
C- Depressed and wanted to feel special and missed so ran away. (May be too afraid to return due to publicity)

All my own thoughts/ theories only.

Possible but how would she survive without money? (she took none with her plus debit card not been used) and clothing? (all she had were the clothes on her back)

I hope am wrong but am 99% certain she is dead

Possible but how would she survive without money? (she took none with her plus debit card not been used) and clothing? (all she had were the clothes on her back)

I hope am wrong but am 99% certain she is dead
I'm curious as to why you're 99% certain Leah is dead, I'm not being cheeky or anything, genuinely wondering what your thinking is.

I'm curious as to why you're 99% certain Leah is dead, I'm not being cheeky or anything, genuinely wondering what your thinking is.

Like I said above

Not been on social media
Not used her phone
No cash withdrawals in the months before she disappeared
Not used or replaced her debit card
Didn’t pack any clothing
Wearing her work clothes

Not the signs of someone planning to run away

Like I said above

Not been on social media
Not used her phone
Didn’t pack any clothing
Wearing her work clothes

On the flip side (and I do not believe she ran away), these are exactly the things a runaway would do, to keep people from finding them. Otherwise, they would end up leaving a signature that could be traced. IMO and all that :)

Like I said above

Not been on social media
Not used her phone
Didn’t pack any clothing
Wearing her work clothes

Add to this that she was not doing anything unusual at all- she was walking where she would have been walking to do her normal routine

This really doesn't throw off any red flags indicating that she ran away.

On the flip side (and I do not believe she ran away), these are exactly the things a runaway would do, to keep people from finding them. Otherwise, they would end up leaving a signature that could be traced. IMO and all that :)

I could well be mistaken here, but frankly we have no idea of what Leah's home life was like. So far we have a one sided report from parents. No accusation nor guilt meant, but really what do we know?
I have no idea what has happened, but hoping Leah is safe and well.
At the moment considering all police investigations there has been nothing to suggest or trace any kidnap or attack resulting in Leah's decease.
imo and hoping for the best outcome.

Like I said above

Not been on social media
Not used her phone
Didn’t pack any clothing
Wearing her work clothes

She could have another phone
She could have been squirelling cash away for months
She could have been taking clothes a bit at a time and hiding them somewhere.

I don't think she has runaway though I must admit, not on her own anyway. If she has then I think it needed input from someone else.

I sadly think she is no longer alive but what had happened to her I have no clue.

She could have another phone
She could have been squirelling cash away for months
She could have been taking clothes a bit at a time and hiding them somewhere.

I don't think she has runaway though I must admit, not on her own anyway. If she has then I think it needed input from someone else.

I sadly think she is no longer alive but what had happened to her I have no clue.

Not impossible but I feel it is unlikely

The week she disappeared she had chosen the destination of a family holiday according to her father, and was excited about it (he could be lying of course but why would he)

She took her normal route to work, her parents left early to go to work so if she was planning to run off with someone he could have picked her up at her house but instead she set off along a regular route to work

Imho she had every intention of going to work that day, add in her hatred of letting people down (she missed a family wedding to cover a shift at McDonalds because no one would fill in for her

The realist in me says this will not have a happy ending

Not impossible but I feel it is unlikely

The week she disappeared she had chosen the destination of a family holiday according to her father, and was excited about it (he could be lying of course but why would he)

She took her normal route to work, her parents left early to go to work so if she was planning to run off with someone he could have picked her up at her house but instead she set off along a regular route to work

Imho she had every intention of going to work that day, add in her hatred of letting people down (she missed a family wedding to cover a shift at McDonalds because no one would fill in for her

The realist in me says this will not have a happy ending

No I don't think it will either.

But my point was people that have planned to runaway may have another phone, squirrel cash and hide clothes somewhere.

I don't think it happened in this case however.

I'm genuinely surprised that, given the amount of time passed now, none of her family or friends have stumbled upon her threads on WS and signed up as Insiders to perhaps shed fresh light on the situation or clarify certain details. I suppose maybe they have seen the threads but just chosen not to sign up or reply and just wanted to see what people are saying and thinking about the situation, hopeful that someone on here will be able to offer helpful information etc or just glad that people want to help. I'm in no way suggesting that we as a forum or simply as general public should have access to as much information as possible relating to this case or any other, but the lack of information and news has given us very little to go on to be of any help in finding Leah. I have never seen a missing person receive so little news coverage or have so little information released, especially after 8 weeks. I am devastated for Leah's family and friends and hope every day that they'll find out she's safe and well. And if they do happen upon this forum, I hope it's of comfort to them how many strangers and locals alike are hoping for the best, and wishing we could do more to find Leah and bring her home.

I don't believe Leah ran away alone. Even if she felt like leaving and made a plan I think she would have told someone, be it friend, aunty, brother, grandparent. At her age there are more opportunities to go on more structured 'adventures' or get organised travelling trips or work experience abroad. Or she could have just moved out.

I don't believe she ran away with someone of a similar age (eg BF). I think friends would know or a relative and that secrecy would have been breached well before now. I also think Leah would have at least contacted someone.

I don't believe she went disappeared due to any kind of persistent mental health problem as I think that would have been alluded to or spelt out in the appeal, or certainly a lot of emphasis on her vulnerability.

I think if she had decided to skive off work (out of character anyway by all accounts) she would have rung in sick. In fact, if she had a planned run away, why wouldn't she have rung in sick anyway? Or texted? Or emailed?

I don't think she is too embarrassed to get in touch. She may be embarrassed but she would find a way if she were able.

I think if there were problems at work she would have been able to leave if need be and even go back to MacDonalds if finances were a problem.

If she had a sudden onset mental health problem, I think there would have been some indications of someone acting strangely and she would have been tracked by now. Even if she ended up someone where they felt that data protection would not allow them to confirm officially, I think someone would have found a way to update the police anonymously. By the UK Police Major Incident Reporting Database perhaps.

I think there is a very reasonable chance that she is still alive. I think that maybe someone is stopping her making contact with family. I think that is more likely to happen if she is with someone at least a few years older than her, and physically bulkier and maybe someone who is jealous of her family closeness but maybe also desirous of that kind of closeness. Maybe a martial arts connection, maybe someone who saw her from MacDonalds, less likely to be someone associated with her recent work (as they would likely get contact through work anyway and build some kind of relationship differently). This is all my guesswork.

I think if it were a pure sexual assault attack on a young woman (I presume this would be statistically a likely scenario) she would have been found by now.

These are all my own vague theories at the moment.Obviously I only have access to what is in MSM and public online. I was 19 before internet access so I don't know how different my perception would be if I had grown up online. I don't know her or her family or, as far as I know, anyone who knows her. They do have my hugest sympathy and I do hope for Leah's return.

I am still totally baffled by lack of info.

Unfortunately, like Brian, I no longer think she is alive. The only other alternative is being held against her will. I hope I’m wrong. I think the police do know what’s happened, but just aren’t sure on a final few pieces. I’m sure there’s much more going on than we are aware of.

I'm genuinely surprised that, given the amount of time passed now, none of her family or friends have stumbled upon her threads on WS and signed up as Insiders to perhaps shed fresh light on the situation or clarify certain details. I suppose maybe they have seen the threads but just chosen not to sign up or reply and just wanted to see what people are saying and thinking about the situation, hopeful that someone on here will be able to offer helpful information etc or just glad that people want to help. I'm in no way suggesting that we as a forum or simply as general public should have access to as much information as possible relating to this case or any other, but the lack of information and news has given us very little to go on to be of any help in finding Leah. I have never seen a missing person receive so little news coverage or have so little information released, especially after 8 weeks. I am devastated for Leah's family and friends and hope every day that they'll find out she's safe and well. And if they do happen upon this forum, I hope it's of comfort to them how many strangers and locals alike are hoping for the best, and wishing we could do more to find Leah and bring her home.

I did try to get someone close to the case to sign up and become a verified insider but they didn't seem keen.

Suppose people react differently, family might think we're just a bunch of weirdos.

It is all such a mystery, but I can’t stop thinking about the fair which opened on the evening of the 14/Feb. Obviously the fair would have arrived before this date to erect all the rides etc. I presume a lot of the workers stay with the fair moving from town to town, but as far as the ones who issue tickets etc I expect these positions to be transient.
The fair was only approx six minutes away from where LC lived. So I am wondering did she meet someone that worked at the fair.
Incidentally, the fair then moved on to Peterborough.

I live an approx. 45 minute drive away from where Leah went missing (I don't know the area well, however). Crazy how little news coverage this has been getting locally. Apart from seeing a missing poster for her near me, if it wasn't for keeping an eye on it here/actively googling Leah's name, I'd know nothing. Most people I work with haven't even heard about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member