OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think. A month and a half is a good chunk of time for somebody to be missing. Something hopefully has to come out at some point.

You have to wonder if LE doesn't sometimes get a little tired of these cases where someone seemingly goes missing due to their own behavior. I am not being critical of Tyler here, but it's not like he came out of a Smoothie salon and was snatched up by a stranger. I can see that their priority may not be with a case like this. But, in my eyes, this is a very critical case of someone disappearing into oblivion. There are hundreds of unsolved cases just like this.

I think that LE may not suspect any foul play in Tyler's disappearance. On the other hand, why has he not turned up? Why has his body not been found?

That is just my own rambling opinion.

So this is an estimated late night timeline based on the NBC article-

3:00AM: Brittany, Tyler and friend take Uber back to Hilton.
3:05AM: Brittany, Tyler and friend arrive at Hilton.
3:10AM: Confused (drunk?) Tyler walks off from Hilton, friend goes with him. Brittany goes to hotel room to charge phone.
3:20AM: Brittany goes back down to hotel entrance, doesn't see anyone.
3:30AM: Tyler calls Brittany, says he will be right back.
3:35AM: friend returns to Hilton alone. Says Tyler will return shortly (can't be far away then). A car is not mentioned, so Brittany's story is that the friend walked back to the hotel, the same way he left the hotel 25 minutes earlier.
3:40-4:10AM: Brittany tries to call Tyler, no answer.
4:10AM: Tyler calls Brittany, ‘I see the hotel. I’m walking through the woods. I’ll be right there."
4:11AM: Tyler calls right back, "there was an open line for about four seconds. Then the phone hung up."
4:12AM: Brittany calls Tyler back, but "his phone was off. And it’s been off ever since.”
4:30AM: Friend leaves Brittany and goes home.
Soon after Brittany begins calling friends about Tyler not returning.

Attached is an image of the Hilton, which has a main entrance in a large courthouse. Most Uber drivers would drop passengers here, although there is another entrance in the upper left of the image that is probably opened by hotel keys. Either way, there are cameras there, moreso in the main courthouse entrance.

Security cameras will back up or dispel this timeline and events. There are also phone records of the calls. I will assume what is said in the article is accurate, otherwise we have a guilty party describing the events, which goes down a different path, and I don't believe is true based on lack of LE activity.

The friend was last to see Tyler alive, and says Tyler will be right back. This suggests that Tyler was not lost, and was close to the hotel. Why would the friend leave him and return alone?

This is 30 minutes before Tyler's last phone call. Why the 30 minute delay between when he expected to return and makes his last call?

Tyler is OK after the friend leaves him because he makes a phone call to Brittany 30 minutes later.

Tyler made a call at 4:11AM and then the phone was turned off. Maybe he butt dialed, and turned the phone off instead of ending the call, as he was "drunk". The content of the 4:10AM call to Brittany suggests that Tyler was OK at that point, although maybe heavily under the influence of something.

Pretty tough to figure out what happened, but I suspect the friend saw Tyler again after he left the hotel at 4:30AM...

Young father Tyler Davis missing from Ohio shopping complex since February

Brittany told Dateline nothing was out of ordinary that evening. But by the time they had walked around the sprawling shopping complex –- which includes no fewer than 235 retail stores, 40 restaurants and 750 residential units, according to its website –- it was around 3:00 a.m. and everyone was exhausted. They took an Uber back to the hotel. Brittany said that’s when the night began to change.

“When we were getting out of the Uber, Tyler seemed so confused and frustrated,” Brittany told Dateline. “He said he was going to go for a walk.”

Brittany said she offered to go with him, but her phone was dying so their friend went with Tyler, instead, while Brittany went to the hotel room to charge her phone. She went back outside a couple of minutes later, she said, but couldn’t find her husband or their friend.

“I was kind of confused, like, ‘What’s going on?’” she said. “Then Tyler called me around 3:30 a.m. and said he would be right back [to the hotel].”

A few minutes later, the couple’s friend returned to the hotel. Tyler was not with him.

“He said Tyler would be right back, too. But I kept trying to call Tyler and he wouldn’t answer,” Brittany said. Brittany added that their friend had seen Tyler on the walk, but she was unclear why, or at what point, they had separated.

Around 4:10 a.m., about one hour after Tyler had left for the walk, Brittany’s phone rang. It was Tyler.

“He called and said, ‘I see the hotel. I’m walking through the woods. I’ll be right there.’” Brittany said. “He sounded so confused. And he is not an outdoorsy person at all. There could be two trees right beside each other and he would call that ‘woods.’”

Seconds later, Brittany’s phone rang again. It was Tyler.

“I answered it and there was an open line for about four seconds. Then the phone hung up,” Brittany said. “I called him back and his phone was off. And it’s been off ever since.”

Brittany told Dateline it was nearing 4:30 a.m. at this point. Their friend, who Brittany says lives just 10 minutes from the hotel, decided to go home. Brittany told Dateline she “didn’t have a good feeling” about her husband’s safety and began calling friends to ask for advice on what to do. According to Brittany, her friends reassured her that nothing was wrong and Tyler was probably going to walk through the door at any moment. But as the sun began to rise, Brittany grew more concerned.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 1.09.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 1.09.49 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
You have to wonder if LE doesn't sometimes get a little tired of these cases where someone seemingly goes missing due to their own behavior. I am not being critical of Tyler here, but it's not like he came out of a Smoothie salon and was snatched up by a stranger. I can see that their priority may not be with a case like this. But, in my eyes, this is a very critical case of someone disappearing into oblivion. There are hundreds of unsolved cases just like this.

I think that LE may not suspect any foul play in Tyler's disappearance. On the other hand, why has he not turned up? Why has his body not been found?

People at work are looking at me like I'm a weirdo as the concept of Smoothie salons made me laugh loudly.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

All MOO, the fact that they were out until 3am led me to believe they were drinking, but I struggle with how Tyler was fine at 3am and by 310am he is "confused". Must have been one doozie of an Uber ride?

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings

Lifelong resident of the NE suburbs of Columbus. I'm very familiar with Easton.

A few thoughts....

Why spend the evening with the local friend....? The friend has the local drug connection. (Wife may not know about drug use)

Upon arriving back at the Hilton, Davis wants to keep partying, calls the local drug connection who will meet Davis near the Hilton.
Possibly in the now vacant lot were the Shrine Temple once was. (adjacent to Costco and the small patch of "woods").

Friend goes after Davis, realizes or sees (or knew of Davis' plan to buy more drugs) what Tyler is doing - returns to Hotel.

Drug transaction goes poorly - foul play - Davis expires

Drug transaction goes smoothly - but results in overdose - Davis expires

Where is the body?

Friend collects the body (instead of returning home) and disposes of it.

Coyotes

Last edited:

I hear what you’re saying but I would hope LE would do some independent research to determine if the information given to them about Tyler’s “behavior” is even accurate.

Basically I’m wondering if anyone (or video) outside of wife and friend saw Tyler in Easton at all.

Since his wife is an Admin on the official missing person Facebook page, are we allowed to copy comments she made there? I just re-reviewed the WS Rules but I’m always unclear about this.

Members are allowed to quote or paraphrase what an Admin of an official WS approved Missing Person social media account posts.

I've looked through the thread for a link and googled it, but can't find the page. Not all Missing Person pages get approved, so if someone has the link, please send it to us and we'll review it.

Members are allowed to quote or paraphrase what an Admin of an official WS approved Missing Person social media account posts.

I've looked through the thread for a link and googled it, but can't find the page. Not all Missing Person pages get approved, so if someone has the link, please send it to us and we'll review it.

Thanks, I sent it to you privately.

Thanks mrstfs. The "BRING TYLER HOME" FB page looks fine.

Just remember folks ... no discussion of comments by the general public ... only the Admins (of which Tyler's wife is an Admin).

Remember, you can direct members to "an interesting comment" by XYZ at 11:59 am (for example), but do NOT bring the comment here or discuss it here. It is considered rumor which is not allowed.

Greetings

A few thoughts....

Why spend the evening with the local friend....? The friend has the local drug connection. (Wife may not know about drug use)

Upon arriving back at the Hilton, Davis wants to keep partying, calls the local drug connection who will meet Davis near the Hilton.
Possibly in the now vacant lot were the Shrine Temple once was. (adjacent to Costco and the small patch of "woods").

Friend goes after Davis, realizes or sees (or knew of Davis' plan to buy more drugs) what Tyler is doing - returns to Hotel.

Where is the body?

Coyotes

I can see your point about the drug connection. Tyler wanted to keep partying and needed to get more of whatever drug they were using, maybe his wife had no idea. So he pretended to get mad and leave so he could go meet drug hook up and then something went bad from there. Robbery gone wrong? Overdose? I would think he would've been found by now if this was a crime of opportunity though.

Greetings

A few thoughts....

Where is the body?

Coyotes

I have to say that I thought that there was something "fishy" about the friend from the beginning...imo. If this person was a true friend why leave in the middle of a crisis? Not only the points you made, but so called friend doesn't want to be around when LE arrives for one reason or another? If Tyler was so out of it as the wife says, who would leave them like that? Not a real friend or something was up! IMO...

Ok, so, let's look at this timeline. I know some info was posted yesterday, but it is NOT confirmed in MSM from what I can see on the Mod comment and deletions, so I'm going to discount it for now. Hopefully someone can become a VI and give us more if it's available. So that saying, I'm discounting the phone/data ping for last location for now since it's not proved.

Young father Tyler Davis missing from Ohio shopping complex since February

3AM - "–- it was around 3:00 a.m. and everyone was exhausted. They took an Uber back to the hotel. Brittany said that’s when the night began to change."
I googled the shopping center to Hilton and it's says a 2 minute drive so they got back to the hotel IMO no later than 3:10AM (give them time to get in Uber, pay, etc.)
3:30AM - “Then Tyler called me around 3:30 a.m. and said he would be right back [to the hotel].”
This is still within the timeframe. Depending on which story you go with, this would give her time to go up to the room to charge her phone before the 3:30AM call
4:10AM - "Around 4:10 a.m., about one hour after Tyler had left for the walk, Brittany’s phone rang. It was Tyler."
4:10AM - "Seconds later, Brittany’s phone rang again. It was Tyler." I answered it and there was an open line for about four seconds. Then the phone hung up,” Brittany said. “I called him back and his phone was off. And it’s been off ever since.”
This is a 40 minute timeframe which is HUGE. How far could he have walked (again, she didn't say in the last article that they had been drinking, so had they???) How far could someone had driven him.....
4:30AM - "Brittany told Dateline it was nearing 4:30 a.m. at this point. Their friend, who Brittany says lives just 10 minutes from the hotel, decided to go home."
So the friend stayed another 20 minutes after Tyler's phone switched off and then decided to just go home. He didn't leave at 4:10AM thinking Tyler was safe and on his way back in, he hung around for 20 more minutes and said oh well, I'm leaving........
I honestly have two thoughts on this case.
1) He did wander off and got lost and died from an accident. Whether it was because he was intoxicated (drinking/drugs/slipped something at the bar) and fell into a pond or OD'd, or someone hit him on accident (which I think would be rare and not likely). Why did his phone go off? Loss of battery (which would be likely if her phone had already died), or, did he fall in a pond and lost connection?
2) When the friend left, where did he go? I would be curious if he went straight home, or followed another path? How could he have picked up Tyler though if Tyler's phone had turned off and he didn't know where he was? Or, did he leave and Tyler WAS there, his wife just didn't know?
3) The article says they met friends (plural), were there OTHER people with them too that Tyler could have gone with??? Did he really go somewhere that wife/friend knew about and just didn't return. That was explain the loss of panic on walking trying to find him and talk him back in. If intoxicated, he would have somewhat sobered up in 1.5 hours, enough to be able to hang out and wait until sunrise if lost.

As suspicious as the friend sounds in this article, IF and I use IF lightly, the timing is honest and correct with the phone calls, I think Tyler came into an accident, whatever it was.

Or, did someone else have Tyler's phone and make the calls so it would give a timeline of events?

They were seen going into the hotel, but not leaving. Is this really even possible??! Even if something happened to him IN the hotel, how would they get him out without the cameras seeing a single one of them? I do NOT believe there isn't additional footage.

And I still don't understand why the cops weren't called right away at 4:10AM. I'm not sure they would have done much since he was an adult and hadn't been missing that long, but I would absolutely call in a heartbeat if I didn't have a good feeling and it had been 1 1/2 hours since he went walking and didn't return.
Where is the parking for this hotel? Adjacent garage or underground or flat parking lot?

The change in story from strip club to walking around Easton to get the lay of the land is odd and, quite frankly, unbelievable. There are cameras all over the Easton area. I have to believe LE knows quite a bit. Something is just fishy about the whole story.

I have not seen any mention of the exact location in which the friend saw Tyler last. There also seems to be a lot of confusion on the events of the night, as well as if Tyler entered the hotel once arriving in the Uber.

My question is this, based upon the timeline given and what the wife told Dateline, they were exhausted and took an Uber back to the hotel at 3AM, arriving at the hotel at 3:10AM. The wife did not specifically say that they were still at Easton mall when they were picked up, but it seemed implied by the way she said by they time they had explored the mall on foot that they were exhausted and called an Uber. Now I have been to Easton many times, and there isn’t any real area of Easton that I’d bother taking an Uber back from as it’s all a pretty concentrated area. It seems they were possibly drunk which could be the reason for taking the Uber if they were still at the mall, and given that by her timeline they had 10 minutes to ride to the destination, pay, and wake a passed out Tyler up, their origin couldn’t have been too far from the hotel but seems long to have been in the mall area, especially at night with minimal traffic.

It was implied that they were possibly at a strip club, I don’t remember one being at Easton so I did some googling, the closest strip club is Centerfolds on Johnstown road. It is a 7 minute drive, or a 1 hour and 10 minute walk. Assuming since no one has mentioned driving anywhere, in fact walking and being exhausted from it was the only thing mentioned, that is a hell of a long walk, but would absolutely fit the 10 minute Uber ride home time frame. Ironically the route to get to the strip club is down Stelzer road which is where Abbot labs and no less than 6 wooded areas are, you’d have to drive right by them all.

Perhaps Tyler was disoriented and went towards the last location they were at, or perhaps he wasn’t ready to leave the club yet and went to walk back, or drunkenly thought his friends were still there and he headed back that way? Who knows, I’m just really surprised that if they did in fact visit a strip club that their closest option would have been over an hour walk, and that they didn’t drive.

It is also worth mentioning that Centerfolds closes at 2:30AM every night, and the other strip clubs in the area mostly close at 2 and some 2:30 but none later. It would fit that they contacted the Uber around closing time, it picked them up around 3, and dropped them off in the 10 minute time frame.

Last edited:
All MOO, the fact that they were out until 3am led me to believe they were drinking, but I struggle with how Tyler was fine at 3am and by 310am he is "confused". Must have been one doozie of an Uber ride?
I have not seen any mention of the exact location in which the friend saw Tyler last. There also seems to be a lot of confusion on the events of the night, as well as if Tyler entered the hotel once arriving in the Uber.

My question is this, based upon the timeline given and what the wife told Dateline, they were exhausted and took an Uber back to the hotel at 3AM, arriving at the hotel at 3:10AM. The wife did not specifically say that they were still at Easton mall when they were picked up, but it seemed implied by the way she said by they time they had explored the mall on foot that they were exhausted and called an Uber. Now I have been to Easton many times, and there isn’t any real area of Easton that I’d bother taking an Uber back from as it’s all a pretty concentrated area. It seems they were possibly drunk which could be the reason for taking the Uber if they were still at the mall, and given that by her timeline they had 10 minutes to ride to the destination, pay, and wake a passed out Tyler up, their origin couldn’t have been too far from the hotel but seems long to have been in the mall area, especially at night with minimal traffic.

It was implied that they were possibly at a strip club, I don’t remember one being at Easton so I did some googling, the closest strip club is Centerfolds on Johnstown road. It is a 7 minute drive, or a 1 hour and 10 minute walk. Assuming since no one has mentioned driving anywhere, in fact walking and being exhausted from it was the only thing mentioned, that is a hell of a long walk, but would absolutely fit the 10 minute Uber ride home time frame. Ironically the route to get to the strip club is down Stelzer road which is where Abbot labs and no less than 6 wooded areas are, you’d have to drive right by them all.

Perhaps Tyler was disoriented and went towards the last location they were at, or perhaps he wasn’t ready to leave the club yet and went to walk back, or drunkenly thought his friends were still there and he headed back that way? Who knows, I’m just really surprised that if they did in fact visit a strip club that their closest option would have been over an hour walk, and that they didn’t drive.

It is also worth mentioning that Centerfolds closes at 2:30AM every night, and the other strip clubs in the area mostly close at 2 and some 2:30 but none later. It would fit that they contacted the Uber around closing time, it picked them up around 3, and dropped them off in the 10 minute time frame.
I'm probably the only person to think this, but as a woman, if my husband took me to a strip club with a male friend of his on MY birthday, I'd be beyond pissed off especially if I'd recently had a baby and were likely working hard to get myself back in shape. This whole story, the initial one and the changed one, in my opinion, does NOT pass the sniff test.

Assuming the story from the poster about the strip club was not correct, it still seems to me that a 10 minute Uber ride (this is Brittany’s version of events) would put them being picked up outside the Easton mall and not in the mall after being tired of walking like she implied. Let’s say for sake of getting in and out etc that the actual driving time was no more that 7 minutes, that is still about an hour walk for the average person no matter which direction from Easton you go. No where inside the mall would take that long to walk to. So did they take an Uber somewhere else earlier? Did they go somewhere and leave their car and get an Uber due to alcohol? Why not drive if they did indeed walk? Why not reveal where they were exactly when picked up by the Uber?

Could the fact that the family car was somewhere else be the reason Brittany never went out in a car searching for Tyler before she called police at 10:30am? Was Tyler maybe walking back to get that vehicle or something out of it from where they’d been? It’s also possible she didn’t have the keys so that’s why she didn’t take the car though.

So many questions and inconsistencies even from the wife herself.

Assuming the story from the poster about the strip club was not correct, it still seems to me that a 10 minute Uber ride (this is Brittany’s version of events) would put them being picked up outside the Easton mall and not in the mall after being tired of walking like she implied. Let’s say for sake of getting in and out etc that the actual driving time was no more that 7 minutes, that is still about an hour walk for the average person no matter which direction from Easton you go. No where inside the mall would take that long to walk to. So did they take an Uber somewhere else earlier? Did they go somewhere and leave their car and get an Uber due to alcohol? Why not drive if they did indeed walk? Why not reveal where they were exactly when picked up by the Uber?

Could the fact that the family car was somewhere else be the reason Brittany never went out in a car searching for Tyler before she called police at 10:30am? Was Tyler maybe walking back to get that vehicle or something out of it from where they’d been? It’s also possible she didn’t have the keys so that’s why she didn’t take the car though.

So many questions and inconsistencies even from the wife herself.
I think in the last interview she did say that she called a friend & they drove around looking for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd