OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, making one last post here just to say, please do not take my info as fact. I have been told recently that I have the story wrong. I got the story from a friend of a friend of Brittany's, and then reiterated it to someone who is a friend of hers for confirmation. He originally confirmed it, and so I posted it, and he later told me that she told him I have wrong information.

Admins would prefer to leave my posts up, but in that case I politely ask that this post also stay up. I was wrong. Please only trust info from direct sources, such as Mrs. Davis. Thank you.

I'd expect LE to have gotten a warrant to search the Labs ground by now. Unless they are inept or Tyler is concealed, I feel they should have found him by now. I hope they checked manholes.

I read something on here that stated that the CCTV footage showed the 3 of them being dropped off by the Uber, but never showed Tyler leaving by himself?
Do they mean the footage shows him leaving with someone else, or do they mean the footage never showed him leaving at all?

Either way, this makes Friend a problem IMO because either the CCTV shows them leaving together, or Tyler never leaves. If there is no underground parking, then that would suggest he may have left inside a suitcase or garbage truck.

Where is the body?

Friend collects the body (instead of returning home) and disposes of it.

Coyotes

or 3. it is concealed on private property or in water and has yet to be discovered.
or
4. Tyler is out there alive. A realistic scenario where he s alive would be he is on the streets suffering from a psychological event.

As for Coyotes, they don't eat clothing or shoes or entire people, though they could scatter remains. I doubt they are a factor in the area he went missing.

This case reminds me a lot of the couple that were in California for a ball game and the husband went for a walk and ended up in the nearby creek.

Thanks Lisa! From the Bring Tyler Home Facebook page.

So they did take an Uber to and from a strip club which was their last stop. Of course, not a big deal. Brittany is pretty detailed and seems honest in her account, please read.

ETA- Brittany refers to the friend, as "the friend" (this is understandable).
"Tyler and his friend have known each other for 10+ years. They talk daily, he comes to our home frequently. He helped design my wedding ring. This is a super close friend to my husband. He’s a good guy. He is not at all associated with Tylers disappearance."

Brittany has been accused of changing her story, but I am not so sure. I tend to think that is poor work by the media, varying recollection of exact times, and Brittany initially not disclosing the strip club (not really suspicious).

This unfortunate story will probably have an expected ending. Hopefully, with Tyler walking through the door, but I doubt that.

Last edited:
It makes more sense now since Brittany's facebook post. I still find the friend's activity strange. So where was he when he found Tyler.....why didn't he bring Tyler back then...why just leave him drunk and wondering aimlessly...why tell Brittany he would be back and then leave himself???

Greetings

Lifelong resident of the NE suburbs of Columbus. I'm very familiar with Easton.

A few thoughts....

Why spend the evening with the local friend....? The friend has the local drug connection. (Wife may not know about drug use)

Upon arriving back at the Hilton, Davis wants to keep partying, calls the local drug connection who will meet Davis near the Hilton.
Possibly in the now vacant lot were the Shrine Temple once was. (adjacent to Costco and the small patch of "woods").

Friend goes after Davis, realizes or sees (or knew of Davis' plan to buy more drugs) what Tyler is doing - returns to Hotel.

Drug transaction goes poorly - foul play - Davis expires

Drug transaction goes smoothly - but results in overdose - Davis expires

Where is the body?

Friend collects the body (instead of returning home) and disposes of it.

Coyotes

Is this speculation or you know/know of the friend?

She states he fell when he got out of the car, could a concussion or head injury explain his wandering off? After reading her account I’m still speculative of the friend, but it seems a huge possibility that he wandered off with a head injury and either expired naturally in an area where he has yet to be located, or perhaps was picked up confused and injured by someone and he either met an unnatural demise or could have died as a result of a head injury and the person who picked him up was too scared to call LE.

It makes more sense now since Brittany's facebook post. I still find the friend's activity strange. So where was he when he found Tyler.....why didn't he bring Tyler back then...why just leave him drunk and wondering aimlessly...why tell Brittany he would be back and then leave himself???
This!
I completely agree. I really think that his account would be especially helpful since he was the one that went outside to see what the heck was going on with Tyler. Why would he leave him out there?!?! What was Tyler doing and saying outside? Did he tell friend “I’ll be up in a minute, please go tell her I’m fine and on my way” .. which would lead me to believe he wanted to do something private outside.. again leading me to wonder if he decided it was time to take a hit of a stimulant??

Thanks mrstfs. The "BRING TYLER HOME" FB page looks fine.

Just remember folks ... no discussion of comments by the general public ... only the Admins (of which Tyler's wife is an Admin).

Remember, you can direct members to "an interesting comment" by XYZ at 11:59 am (for example), but do NOT bring the comment here or discuss it here. It is considered rumor which is not allowed.

Just brining the FB link to the front since the latest post has been given. If you go watch, his wife is answering questions there also. You can see the information without having to join the page (you just can't comment).

Last edited:
Thank you, yes. I think we can all agree some of the circumstances here are a little odd and suspicious, but we cannot and should not try to imply either his friend or his wife were involved. As far as we know they're just as much victims as any of his other friends and family.

I just hope we get some news soon. It's been a long time since anything new came up, and the not knowing is the worst part.

It's entirely possible he had way too much to drink, and had very little sleep, got upset stomped off and got lost and an accident occurred, or someone did dose him at a bar. It happens. Not sure why a guy would dose another married man, but it's something that happens.

Last edited:
I'm glad she finally posted. It brings the first story and second story together so they both make sense now. I find her post to be very honest, of course, we are all on WS and nothing surprises us anymore! But the timing of everything seems to fit together.

I still question the 40 minute gap in the time of the phone calls and the friend waiting 20 minutes after knowing Tyler's phone was shut off to leave. Do I think the friend personally did anything, I don't if it's true he was with the wife the entire time and she got calls in between. Does the friend possibly know WHY Tyler walked off........I'm thinking he might.

More and more though I'm leaning towards he did take off and just met an accident. It's still in the top of my mind that he could have been slipped something at the club. Maybe it was for his wife and he drank the drink instead. Because he continued to call until his phone died, I think he was just walking around lost :( I have a small suspicion there is a little more to this story than what's being told (and why Tyler wouldn't come back with the friend), but it may have nothing to do what happened to Tyler directly). I remember reading early on Tyler and the friend got into an argument and to me, that would explain why he walked away to cool off and wouldn't let the friend calm him down.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but these cases are common, especially with young men - as you say Grace.

Apparently, in the UK, it is quite common for men to leave a group (momentarily or to head home) and they stop near a body of water to relieve themselves and fall in accidentally. I guess LE in the UK repeatedly finds these men in the water with their flies down. I have never heard a detail like this released in US or CANADA cases, but it is pretty logical.

Why pee in the water? So weird! Why not a tree or just anywhere?

All I can say is wow! This story is COMPLETELY different than the one she came out with!

Young father Tyler Davis missing from Ohio shopping complex since February

"Brittany said a close friend, who lives in Columbus, came by the hotel to hang out with them."
"Brittany told Dateline it was nearing 4:30 a.m. at this point. Their friend, who Brittany says lives just 10 minutes from the hotel, decided to go home."
This explains to me though why they had a friend with them on their couples weekend. I assumed he lived by them and travelled and stayed in the same room, but he did not. BUT.......why in the world would he leave and go home while she is worried about her husband missing? Huge red flag.
"A few hours later, around 8:30 p.m., the three of them left the hotel to walk around the shopping center. We got some dinner and went out for the evening,” Brittany said. “We walked around the town center to get the lay of the land, because we were going to go shopping the next day and had a couple’s massage planned.”

"Brittany told Dateline nothing was out of ordinary that evening. But by the time they had walked around the sprawling shopping complex –- which includes no fewer than 235 retail stores, 40 restaurants and 750 residential units, according to its website –- it was around 3:00 a.m. and everyone was exhausted. They took an Uber back to the hotel. Brittany said that’s when the night began to change. "
When you click on the link in the article, it takes you here Hours of Operation | Easton Town Center | Columbus, OH. Hours are:
Regular Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 AM-9:00 PM
Friday-Saturday: 10:00 AM-10:00 PM
Sunday: Noon-6:00 PM

I did click on entertainment for this shopping center, Entertainment | Easton | Columbus, OH, and there are two places listed that stay open until 2:30AM. So it is possible they just bar hopped (not sure if there are other places that aren't listed here) then went to the hotel.

But to me, this is where the story is much different than the original. This makes it seem like they just ate, strolled, shopped, hung out then went home. Her original story was drinking, a strip club, and Tyler and friend getting into an argument if I remember correctly. I tried to find that in the first articles out, but I couldn't and need to get to work :O If someone has that link, please let me know. The story needs to state EXACTLY what happened, good or bad, so it can help lead to his state of mind.

“When we were getting out of the Uber, Tyler seemed so confused and frustrated,” Brittany told Dateline. “He said he was going to go for a walk. Brittany said she offered to go with him, but her phone was dying so their friend went with Tyler, instead, while Brittany went to the hotel room to charge her phone. She went back outside a couple of minutes later, she said, but couldn’t find her husband or their friend. “I was kind of confused, like, ‘What’s going on?’” she said. “Then Tyler called me around 3:30 a.m. and said he would be right back [to the hotel]. A few minutes later, the couple’s friend returned to the hotel. Tyler was not with him. "

This..........this is a big red flag to me! Article says Tyler called a few more times, but, I think friend knows something. Why, why would you leave a "confused" person alone outside, then go home when he never returned! What happened between end of evening and Uber ride that Tyler would become confused and wife doesn't know what happened? I know every news story spins their own version, but with changing stories......it doesn't help. It's totally possible someone slipped something in his drink (IF they were drinking, this article doesn't say they were, but in the original story they were). It would explain his confusion, but again, WHY would the friend leave him outside alone!!! Even if Tyler was angry and wanted to be left alone, he could have sat nearby to keep an eye on him. If wife saw the confusion and knew it wasn't normal, then the friend did also (versus thinking he was just drunk and irritated and ok to be left alone).

Another question, Tyler apparently had HIS phone that was charged and working. It was 3AM, why was she so worried about her phone when clearly if her inlaws needed them (the only reason I could fathom on being worried your phone was dying at 3AM), they could call Tyler's phone that worked.

This article raises more questions than answers............

It's entirely possible they were all extremely drunk and all made really bad decisions. Under the influence of booze, not eating enough, arguments, and stomping off into the night spells trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288