Kim Kardashian studying to be a lawyer (without going to law school) plans to sit bar exam in 2022

It seems that working for a college degree means nothing, then? Money talks I guess
Love her or not, she has built a multi-million dollar empire, is world-traveled, is raising children, is clearly experienced in marketing. If she, in addition to that, passes the bar exam, that's not good enough because she didn't graduate college?

Again, I'm no fan of the Kardashians, but I can see the intelligence and experience that goes into accomplishing what they have done. But she hasn't taken Freshman Comp 101 so none of it counts?

Many people have built successful lives - and made a difference in the world, which sounds like what she wants to do - without a college degree. Why stand in their way and put them down?

I don't understand the criticism of someone wanting to grow and better themselves. She is extremely wealthy and has no need to take on the difficult task of studying for the bar, but she is. That's rather impressive and ambitious.

Tough crowd here.

jmo

Love her or not, she has built a multi-million dollar empire, is world-traveled, is raising children, is clearly experienced in marketing. If she, in addition to that, passes the bar exam, that's not good enough because she didn't graduate college?

Again, I'm no fan of the Kardashians, but I can see the intelligence and experience that goes into accomplishing what they have done. But she hasn't taken Freshman Comp 101 so none of it counts?

Many people have built successful lives - and made a difference in the world, which sounds like what she wants to do - without a college degree. Why stand in their way and put them down?

I don't understand the criticism of someone wanting to grow and better themselves. She is extremely wealthy and has no need to take on the difficult task of studying for the bar, but she is. That's rather impressive and ambitious.

Tough crowd here.

jmo

College has many classes that broaden knowledge.Humanities,,math, yes, Freshman comp so one learns how to write and do research with citations, science. Public speaking, the arts.

There is a lot to know in this world

Tough crowd here.

jmo

I agree with you 100%. also am not a fan of theirs, but that does not take away from the fact that they have built an empire and more power to her if she wants to and does get a law degree. If her celebrity status and knowledge can help someone in need. I think it is great

College has many classes that broaden knowledge.Humanities,,math, yes, Freshman comp so one learns how to write and do research with citations, science. Public speaking, the arts.

There is a lot to know in this world

That's true, but those are also things you can learn in the real world. And there's plenty that the real world teaches you that university can't. And I say this as someone who went to university twice.

Maybe she has her dad's genes, he was a lawyer. Expecting a 4th child though is going to be hard, even with help. Children need their mom.

I'd be inclined to disagree with you on that last part. I think children need good parenting, whether that be by a single mum, two mums, a single dad, two dads, grandparents, aunt, uncle... some kids are better off without their mother, if she's an evil person. There's nothing wrong with a mum who works hard as long as she's still there for the kids when they need her. I grew up without my mum as she died when I was a toddler. I did miss the presence of a mother, but I turned out fine. As long as she finds the right balance they'll be okay.

It seems that working for a college degree means nothing, then? Money talks I guess

Not really because you still have to pass the bar exam. That is not easy to do, especially if you didn't go to law school.

If you study yourself and pass the exam, why shouldn't you get the credentials? She did go to college and get her degree already.

Not really because you still have to pass the bar exam. That is not easy to do, especially if you didn't go to law school.

If you study yourself and pass the exam, why shouldn't you get the credentials? She did go to college and get her degree already.

What college and what is the degree?

What college and what is the degree?

[ I was mistaken--she had not graduated]

In an interview with Vogue published on Wednesday, the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star, 38, revealed that she’s studying to become a lawyerand decided last summer to begin a four-year apprenticeship with a law firm in San Francisco, with the goal of taking the bar in 2022.

Kardashian West did go to undergrad, briefly attending Pierce College in Los Angeles, according to The Hollywood Reporter. But she never graduated, meaning she does not hold a college degree.

According to Vogue, this summer Kardashian West will take a “baby bar” administered by the state. If she passes, she’ll be able to continue on with three more years of study.

“First year of law school, you have to cover three subjects: criminal law, torts, and contracts,” she told the magazine. “To me, torts is the most confusing, contracts the most boring, and crim law I can do in my sleep. Took my first test, I got a 100. Super easy for me.”

“I had to think long and hard about this,” she told Vogue about her decision to begin studying law, explaining that she eventually decided to embark on the journey after “seeing a really good result” with Johnson.

“I never in a million years thought we would get to the point of getting laws passed,” she said. “That was really a turning point for me.”

Still, Kardashian West admitted she felt out of her depth, hence her desire to educate herself.

“The White House called me to advise to help change the system of clemency,” she said. “And I’m sitting in the Roosevelt Room with, like, a judge who had sentenced criminals and a lot of really powerful people and I just sat there, like, ‘Oh s—.’ I need to know more.”

[ I was mistaken--she had not graduated]

Still, Kardashian West admitted she felt out of her depth, hence her desire to educate herself.

“The White House called me to advise to help change the system of clemency,” she said. “And I’m sitting in the Roosevelt Room with, like, a judge who had sentenced criminals and a lot of really powerful people and I just sat there, like, ‘Oh s—.’ I need to know more.

RS&BBM

I like her for that.

I understand the role of surrogacy. But reading that Kardashian has had 2 children using a surrogate, is distasteful. She is a rich woman who can buy anything. Including a woman's body to bear her children.

Now, without attending college or law school, she uses her money and connections to set up her own internship at a law office, and plans to pass the bar exam. I have no doubt that she would have no ethical issues to find a way to cheat her way into a law license. After all, she "understands the concepts of law"...the narcissism is epic.

I understand the role of surrogacy. But reading that Kardashian has had 2 children using a surrogate, is distasteful. She is a rich woman who can buy anything. Including a woman's body to bear her children.

Now, without attending college or law school, she uses her money and connections to set up her own internship at a law office, and plans to pass the bar exam. I have no doubt that she would have no ethical issues to find a way to cheat her way into a law license. After all, she "understands the concepts of law"...the narcissism is epic.

After Kim had her first child she was advised by her doctors not to get pregnant again as she could die from the condition she had during her first pregnancy. This is why she had to use a surrogate to have more children.

After Kim had her first child she was advised by her doctors not to get pregnant again as she could die from the condition she had during her first pregnancy. This is why she had to use a surrogate to have more children.

Of course. So instead of adopting or not having more children, she rents a womb. And I don't believe that she has medical issues, I believe that pregnancy was inconvenient for her. She is rich enough to buy everything...now, a bar exam.

Of course. So instead of adopting or not having more children, she rents a womb. And I don't believe that she has medical issues, I believe that pregnancy was inconvenient for her. She is rich enough to buy everything...now, a bar exam.

Kim suffered from preeclampsia and placenta accreta both of which can be life threatening. My Mum suffered from preeclampsia and had a terrible time this is why I am an only child.

Tough crowd here.

jmo

When someone shows you who they are, believe them. IMO

Same same as Lori Laughlin and her ilk.

And what a hilarious thing to say. Criminal law is a no brainer.

I wonder how attorneys who have studied and went in the hard way feel? People who do not have the money to have four free years without an income with loans and scholarships.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back