CANADA Canada - Harold Heaven, Minden, Ontario, 1934

Transcription of the police repots
Welcome to Websleuths! I wonder if perhaps Harold's body could have been found but by that time, no one knew who it was? I'm afraid I'm going to be of little help but hopefully one of our members who is more knowledgeable about the unidentified will be along soon.

This is interesting, but those reports are very hard to read. What I've picked up so far is HH was 31 years old and family members stated he had some mental health issues. Looks like he was last seen Oct. 25, 1934 (?). Take that FWIW since the reports are hard to read and I didn't finish. MOO

Welcome to WS @justice4harold !!

He was my Great Uncle. The Police ruled out foul play but my family has always maintained he would never just disappear with no explanation. I'm looking into solving this case myself and could use advice on where to start considering the disappearance happened so long ago. Any other outlets I should use?

31 year old Harold Heaven disappeared from his cottage in Minden ON in 1934, last seen Oct 26th and cottage found with door ajar w/ keys left in the lock. Foul play could not be established at the time but my family remains skeptical. Any insight or information would be of great interest.

Blessings

I suppose this means that nothing was disturbed or missing from the cottage, there was no evidnce that he may have been harmed, he had no dodgy friends nor involvement in a shady lifestyle. He must have been a good man who simply disappeared. How awful for your family.

Back then, regions didn't communicate well with one another, so neighbouring townships might not have known about his disappearance. You could try asking nearby municipalities if you can go through their records of buried, unidentified remains.

Did he have a vehicle with him at the time of his disappearance?

I wish you well in your search.

OK! These are the proper police reports. Please look and see if anything jumps out to you.

Thanks
I’m not a pro sleuther. I got thru about the 15 pages of this. My opinion only on all the thoughts below.

The first thing that popped out to me was his local brother, not the family that sold them the property. HHs anger over the survey seems misplaced. He was likely unaware that is the responsibility of the purchaser, not the seller. The brother(s) may have coveted the property plus they were aware of the newer gun that went missing.

When HH was talking to the neighbor and noticed someone coming up the driveway, why did HH scurry away so quickly? Who was he afraid of? Who had that much power over HH and who scared him to that extent? Or, was this a symptom of his irrational fear?

It sounds like HH was a loner, introvert, with possibly some unrealistic fears which made him decline into a more severe mental illness. It’s also possible he had an infection or illness that went untreated and that contributed to his demise.

What eventually happened to this parcel of land? Did the parents or brothers inherit or was it sold? Are there any original owners or their descendants still around?

At this point, your best best is to have the two lakes dredged with modern equipment, and as mentioned upthread, DNA. Interviewing family members and writing everything down to compare would possibly bring out new small details.

HELLO. I want to update the websleuths. There is currently a documentary in the works about Harold's disappearance. ANYONE willing to help research to break this puppy wide open would be greatly appreciated. I have a 53 page brand new research document that includes everything we've been working with thus far. Its too large to attach so if you wan't to take a look at it just respond to this post! Please help the team find JUSTICE FOR HAROLD #J4H #FORHEAVENSSAKE

Hi

I have read through all the documents provided. It seems that the police were very quick to label this a suicide based on one instance of hearsay provided by Mrs. Reynolds. The facts point very much more towards what the brother describes in his letter to the police. The disgruntled feelings and personal dislike of McCracken definitely provide motive.

Two requests please:

1. Could you please provide the additional documents as you state?
2. Could you please provide a location of the cottage, neighbors, road etc. so that I can get a sense of the relative proximity.

I'd like to help more but need all the information first.

HELLO. I want to update the websleuths. There is currently a documentary in the works about Harold's disappearance. ANYONE willing to help research to break this puppy wide open would be greatly appreciated. I have a 53 page brand new research document that includes everything we've been working with thus far. Its too large to attach so if you wan't to take a look at it just respond to this post! Please help the team find JUSTICE FOR HAROLD #J4H #FORHEAVENSSAKE
@justice4harold Can you break up that document to smaller documents in order to upload it? Also, in order for you to provide information (within TOS) without providing a MSM link, you should probably be set up as a Verified Insider. You can work with an Admin/Mod to complete the process.

So full disclosure, i’m a descendant of the McCracken’s in the reports. After reading the reports, it does seem like there was some mental illness involved. Knowing the area (my extended family still lives in the area now), foul play or suicide also aren’t the only possibilities. Even today the area is pretty dense and hilly, and back in the 30s in particular, there were a lot of natural dangers, from the land and waters themselves to bears and wolves. The roads in the mountain/horseshoe lake area are still treacherous, so it’s not implausible that if he was going to the store (as referenced in the reports) or going on a walk, he may have simply had an accident. If he died from injuries sustained in an accident on land and not in the waters, there’s enough wildlife around even today that his body would be strewn across the countryside within days.

That all being said, if once the spring and summer come you want some help searching the area, I have a metal detector that I’d love to take out and do some exploring with; everyone would have had something on them made of metal back then.

Thanks so much for your post! Any tips on exactly where to look? And I'm curious why you believe everyone had something metal on them back then. What kind of stuff?

Thanks so much for your post! Any tips on exactly where to look? And I'm curious why you believe everyone had something metal on them back then. What kind of stuff?
Metal would be coins, belt buckle, wrist watch or a watch on a chain. Possible buckles from suspenders or overalls. Even a flask or canteen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back