Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but they would bring up that eyes change color. I don't think this Jane Doe is Nyleen either. Wouldn't both of their DNA's being on NamUS alert the fact they're a match?

Both sets of DNA being in CODIS is supposed to be an auto ruleout, or else they would have matched already. I've heard this directly from NamUs reps in so many words, but then I hear otherwise from people on here in various threads, so I don't know. But, even if it weren't automatic, I'm sure someone's manually compared them if possible, I'm sure the powers that be have been bombarded with this possible match over the years and they're well aware of it.

I'm no scientist but I have yet to meet an adult (not babies) who had true blue eyes (not bordering on green or hazel like my mum's) whose irises have turned brown, light brown. I'm not talking about lighting playing tricks, etc, but an actual alteration in the pigment. I'm sure someone will chime in and say My uncle's cousin's neighbor's boy's grandkid's did. . . LOL but I found this excellent article about eye color, that blue eyes aren't caused by blue pigment. It's just a lack of melanin causing the iris to refract light the same way the sky does. Kind of like an optical illusion ;)

Your Blue Eyes Aren’t Really Blue

Unless something has changed recently, Racine Jane Doe's DNA isn't in the national databases. It's held by her local LE and isn't compared automatically. Maybe somebody who's closer to the case than I am can confirm or correct me on that?

Unless something has changed recently, Racine Jane Doe's DNA isn't in the national databases. It's held by her local LE and isn't compared automatically. Maybe somebody who's closer to the case than I am can confirm or correct me on that?

I think Roslvr would know for sure.

I can't seem to access the Jane Doe's or anyone else's NamUS page. What happened to that place?

I can't seem to access the Jane Doe's or anyone else's NamUS page. What happened to that place?

Have you accessed it since they updated? If not, then you may have to register to see all the details. But even when I hadn't registered, I could still see the cases, just not the comparisons. I just tried accessing and selected explore and it brought up cases. Could it have been down for a little bit?

Have you accessed it since they updated? If not, then you may have to register to see all the details. But even when I hadn't registered, I could still see the cases, just not the comparisons. I just tried accessing and selected explore and it brought up cases. Could it have been down for a little bit?

I found it, but neither her nor Nyleen state anything about DNA. I know they've gotten Nyleen's dad (not Kim Marshall, who is really her step-father/adopted father) DNA in the late 90's

Sheri Lynn White?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sheri Lynn White – The Charley Project

Admittedly, the hair color is off and time period between going missing and the Racine Doe's discovery is odd, which throws me off, but their faces seem very similar and Sheri was last seen in Alaska which would match the isotope analysis's findings. There's not too much information to go off of but her purse was found under a bridge in Fairbanks, which makes me think foul play somewhere in Alaska would make sense as well. I can't get past the face though.

Sheri Lynn White?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sheri Lynn White – The Charley Project

Admittedly, the hair color is off and time period between going missing and the Racine Doe's discovery is odd, which throws me off, but their faces seem very similar and Sheri was last seen in Alaska which would match the isotope analysis's findings. There's not too much information to go off of but her purse was found under a bridge in Fairbanks, which makes me think foul play somewhere in Alaska would make sense as well. I can't get past the face though.

Due to her age, I'm thinking it's not Sheri, but submit it if you feel strongly about it.

Due to her age, I'm thinking it's not Sheri, but submit it if you feel strongly about it.
Yeah, I considered the age when looking, it is off of the estimates by 4 years from the high margin, but I didn't mention it as I've heard of cases where the age estimation turned out to be quite off. I'll try to submit it tomorrow.

Earlier in the thread, it states the following....

"Chemical isotope testing performed by the Smithsonian on a sample of her hair and bone suggest she may originally have been from or spent several years of her life in Alaska, Montana or portions of southern Canada."

I just happened to look at Namus because i hadn't looked in a long time and it is saying the following...

"The victim and/or suspect *may* have been from, or spent time in, the eastern US, specifically southeastern New England, north of central New Jersey and south of New Hampshire."

That's alot of travel in such a short life. I wonder if there is a particular industry that would have a link with those areas. (Apologies am not from US/Canada)

"Chemical isotope testing performed by the Smithsonian on a sample of her hair and bone suggest she may originally have been from or spent several years of her life in Alaska, Montana or portions of southern Canada."

I just happened to look at Namus because i hadn't looked in a long time and it is saying the following...

"The victim and/or suspect *may* have been from, or spent time in, the eastern US, specifically southeastern New England, north of central New Jersey and south of New Hampshire."

That's alot of travel in such a short life. I wonder if there is a particular industry that would have a link with those areas. (Apologies am not from US/Canada)

The military could link those areas.

Brutal torture!
Were there any other similar cases in the area or a serial killer that had the same style of killing?

Hit me....I'm just going to throw this in. Sorry upfront for not going up the thread once again and check everything.
Tamara Dawn Porrin – The Charley Project

tamara_dawn_porrin_3.jpg

Hit me....I'm just going to throw this in. Sorry upfront for not going up the thread once again and check everything.
Tamara Dawn Porrin – The Charley Project

tamara_dawn_porrin_3.jpg

There is a resemblance, although I would be curious to know where she was for the 13 years between her disappearance and the discovery of this Jane Doe. There is also a height difference of about 8", assuming Tamara's measurements are accurate.

I found this on the FB site for Racine County Jane Doe, posted in February 2019.

"Recent pollen testing on Jane Doe’s clothing determined that the pollen samples “originated or spent time in southeastern New England”.

Jane Doe Racine County, Wisconsin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members