GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #8

I am seeing way tooooo many articles lately about Aaron Hernandez.

It is my belief we should leave him be - he is gone and not here to refute anything. Not to mention he is a convicted killer.

IMO.

The Globe series is well-reported and telling. Avoid the Daily Mail account.
Yes, it was good! I temporarily purchased a Boston Globe subscription to finish out the series and found it well worth reading. I'd like to listen to the podcast when I get a chance.

Report: Aaron Hernandez was using dangerous drug prior to suicide

Oct 30, 2018

"Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots tight end who committed suicide in prison after being found guilty of first-degree murder, used dangerous prison drugs in the days prior to his suicide. That information was concealed from the public as well as Hernandez’s family and investigators, according to a new report by the Boston Globe.

‘He wasn’t in the right frame of mind’

The Globe series, crafted by the paper’s “Spotlight” team, uncovered redacted information in a 132-page report on Hernandez’s death. An inmate interviewed in the days after Hernandez’s suicide said, “He’s spent the last two days smoking K2 (a prison drug) in his cell and he wasn’t in the right frame of mind.” As the Globe notes, it’s a significant statement because it could bring a new focus to Hernandez’s state of mind as well as the overall state of the prison...."

Report: Aaron Hernandez was using dangerous drug prior to suicide
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finished reading Jonathan Hernandez (brother) new book with several accounts of AH's fast progressing mental demise. Here was an athletically gifted man with fame, fortune, and resources to get himself help, yet doing so would have ended all of that. No better reminder that NFL is a billion dollar business. Innocent lives violently taken, and anther child left without a father. Not a winning team.....

Interestingly, somewhere on genetic forum, it was mentioned that Hernandez had ApoE4/ApoE4, the markers for Alzheimer's.
It was not discussed as the official diagnosis is CTE, but even in this article stating that he had CTE and not Alzheimer's, the marker has been mentioned.
I wonder if Hernandez had combination of both conditions, or rather, that his traumas initiated the dementia to which he was prone anyhow due to APOE4.
Aaron Hernandez’s CTE Worst Seen in a Young Person
"She also said that while Hernandez had a genetic marker that makes people vulnerable to brain disease, it wasn’t certain that it contributed to his condition."

Aaron Hernandez's attorneys say the court was wrong to restore his murder conviction | Daily Mail Online

The state's highest court in 2016 refused to change the legal rule in connection with another case, but the Hernandez prosecutors took up the cause.

The court said convictions in such cases will now stand. It applied the new rule to Hernandez's case, but no other prior cases.

Hernandez's lawyers say the new rule should impact only future cases, not Hernandez's.

However, the court has applied the new rule only to Hernandez's case, and not to other prior cases.

Hernandez's lawyer says the new rule should impact only future cases and not be applied retroactively.

Aaron Hernandez's attorneys say the court was wrong to restore his murder conviction | Daily Mail Online

The state's highest court in 2016 refused to change the legal rule in connection with another case, but the Hernandez prosecutors took up the cause.

The court said convictions in such cases will now stand. It applied the new rule to Hernandez's case, but no other prior cases.

Hernandez's lawyers say the new rule should impact only future cases, not Hernandez's.

However, the court has applied the new rule only to Hernandez's case, and not to other prior cases.

I tend to agree with his lawyer.

Hernandez's lawyer says the new rule should impact only future cases and not be applied retroactively.

I tend to disagree with his lawyer.

Aaron Hernandez Attorney Demands Full Court Fix Decision to Reinstate Murder Conviction

An attorney for late New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez filed with the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and demanded that the full court consider his motion. He argued that they should either withdraw a ruling to reinstate the defendant’s murder conviction in the death of Odin Lloyd and reschedule an oral argument, or revise the judgement so that it only affects case from here on out, not retroactively.

There is a new book out about Aaron Hernandez. I haven’t gotten ahold of it yet but supposedly it reveals that while he was in prison he copped to a fourth murder.

The book claimed Hernandez, who was allegedly involved in gangs for years, assembled a “crew” of thugs, and went looking for Lloyd a week before he was shot dead in June 2013.

The crew may have instead found Jordan Miller, who was gunned down in his home in a still-unsolved murder case.

The new expose alleged Lloyd and Miller looked physically similar, and were likely acquaintances because they ran in the same circles.

More at the link

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/11/nfl-star-aaron-hernandez-killing-fields-fourth-murder-shocking-new-book/

There is a new book out about Aaron Hernandez. I haven’t gotten ahold of it yet but supposedly it reveals that while he was in prison he copped to a fourth murder.

I can't tell you how sad this makes me. I watched Aaron play in person, January 2012 playoffs of Patriots vs Denver Broncos.
I left that game knowing the name "Aaron Hernandez."

While I was was sad that Broncos season came to an end, I was so mesmerized over the duo of Hernandez and Gronkowski that I was satisfied that not only did the best team win but also the best players I'd ever seen.

The kid had talent -- there is no denying it.

How evil prevailed here will always haunt me.

Continued prayers for the families of his victims.

I watched the Netflix documentary yesterday. It definitely stays with you. We still don't have real motives for any of these murders. Lots of theories and opinions.

The information from his autopsy at the end is interesting but they don't really talk about the fact that he chain smoked pot and in prison he was using a synthetic version.

From NIH study: Chronic effects of long term cannabis use include mood disorders, exacerbation of psychotic disorders in vulnerable people.

So between CTE and pot, his brain didn't stand a chance.

Then there was the toradol they were giving players, I think it was at Florida State? I was given toradol after a car accident and I will say that is really good stuff.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back