CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just siding with you, but feel even stronger about it. I didn't take your post as accusing her of anything. I fully can't understand why the other online posts would be critical or accusing as it makes no sense. I agree with you. :)

This is a super weird case. It seems as though none of the most logical theories explain all of the evidence, weird behavior, and inexplicable narrative chamfich of the SM and Dad

Makes me a little sad that it has quieted down a bit in here. Anyone see the my true crime article that was put out yesterday?

The Journal on Dr. Phil, Karlie Gusé & Lindsay Fairley’s Credibility ‘Chasm’

It’s sad about the back and forth between both sides. They forget about Karlie. DP was right about that, they need to come together for Karlie. Where is Karlie?
Thanks for posting this very interesting article. He gives facts I hadn’t heard before regarding birth-mother’s statements and they raise doubts about her motives/ credibility.

I’m not familiar w/ACJ but others here have indicated their track record is good when it comes to reporting accurately. If what he writes is true, it’s another yet another example of social media being used to make victim’s family/friends even more miserable in the aftermath of a tragic crime.

Makes me a little sad that it has quieted down a bit in here. Anyone see the my true crime article that was put out yesterday?

It’s sad about the back and forth between both sides. They forget about Karlie. DP was right about that, they need to come together for Karlie. Where is Karlie?
Sorry, but I found his tone a few steps too far. He even threw shade on Lindsay with regards to Karlie's disappearance at the end. It is MG and ZG who cut off communication with Lindsay and refuse to this day to even sit in the same room with her.

The only true fact that was picked up is that it was highly unlikely MG and the local sheriff went to school together.

I agree with your sentiment regarding the overall sadness of the situation.
That being said, this article brings up some valid points.
<modsnip - discussing social media and criticizing other posters>

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, I read the article. I strongly agree with the author (and Dr. Phil said the same thing) that bitter feelings and finger-pointing between exes have no place in the search for a missing child. IMO all it accomplishes is both sides losing their credibility in the race to make each other look bad.

As for the bio mom's claim of "conflict of interest," if she has directly accused LE of a conspiracy between the sheriff and SM I haven't found it. I did read the complaint letter she wrote, linked from:
Update: Mom of missing teen Karlie Gusé files formal complaint against sheriff, claims she ignored valid tips & mismanaged case [Exclusive]
There's nothing in it about classmates that the ACJ author mentioned. Of course she may have said more elsewhere in msm that I missed.

The recording (recordings?) were never released to the public so I can only take Dr. Phil's word that Karlie never asked SM or Zac outright to call 911. However, I also haven't found any statements from the FBI and/or the Mono County Sheriff's office saying Karlie never asked. I may have missed it so if anyone has a link please post it. TIA!

I do agree that it's unlikely that the sheriff never spoke to the witnesses as the bio mom claims. Considering the extent of the search in the first few days I doubt LE would simply take SM's word for it without checking.*

I'll let y'all read the rest for yourselves as my post is getting way too long. I'll end with this:

IMO the author is wasting a lot of energy defending his prior comments and occasionally falls into the same trap that the bio mom, bio dad and step mom have, which is to be overly concerned with how they appear to others. I think much of what he says is based on facts but without a source I don't know how accurate some of the more acrid comments are. JMO.

But the author has nothing to gain or lose while Karlie's parents do:

It seems that they all are primarily invested in private feuds that should have been resolved years ago. The endless snipes and accusations make them all look like liars and fools - do none of them have the insight to see how they are presenting themselves? Karlie has taken a back seat to their selfish goal of "getting" each other.

How about just telling the truth and working together to keep Karlie's story front and center? Park the egos at the door guys, we don't care about your power struggles, we want Karlie brought home safe and sound! MOO.

* The sheriff's office hasn't explicitely stated all the witnesses are credible but they have talked about being "confident" that Karlie walked away based on the sightings. Her missing flyer from the Sheriff's office does say she was seen walking.
Mono Sheriff tip line ringing after Karlie Guse's disappearance featured on Dr. Phil Show
Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé

Okay, I read the article. I strongly agree with the author (and Dr. Phil said the same thing) that bitter feelings and finger-pointing between exes have no place in the search for a missing child. IMO all it accomplishes is both sides losing their credibility in the race to make each other look bad.

As for the bio mom's claim of "conflict of interest," if she has directly accused LE of a conspiracy between the sheriff and SM I haven't found it. I did read the complaint letter she wrote, linked from:
Update: Mom of missing teen Karlie Gusé files formal complaint against sheriff, claims she ignored valid tips & mismanaged case [Exclusive]
There's nothing in it about classmates that the ACJ author mentioned. Of course she may have said more elsewhere in msm that I missed.

The recording (recordings?) were never released to the public so I can only take Dr. Phil's word that Karlie never asked SM or Zac outright to call 911. However, I also haven't found any statements from the FBI and/or the Mono County Sheriff's office saying Karlie never asked. I may have missed it so if anyone has a link please post it. TIA!

I do agree that it's unlikely that the sheriff never spoke to the witnesses as the bio mom claims. Considering the extent of the search in the first few days I doubt LE would simply take SM's word for it without checking.*

I'll let y'all read the rest for yourselves as my post is getting way too long. I'll end with this:

IMO the author is wasting a lot of energy defending his prior comments and occasionally falls into the same trap that the bio mom, bio dad and step mom have, which is to be overly concerned with how they appear to others. I think much of what he says is based on facts but without a source I don't know how accurate some of the more acrid comments are. JMO.

But the author has nothing to gain or lose while Karlie's parents do:

It seems that they all are primarily invested in private feuds that should have been resolved years ago. The endless snipes and accusations make them all look like liars and fools - do none of them have the insight to see how they are presenting themselves? Karlie has taken a back seat to their selfish goal of "getting" each other.

How about just telling the truth and working together to keep Karlie's story front and center? Park the egos at the door guys, we don't care about your power struggles, we want Karlie brought home safe and sound! MOO.

* The sheriff's office hasn't explicitely stated all the witnesses are credible but they have talked about being "confident" that Karlie walked away based on the sightings. Her missing flyer from the Sheriff's office does say she was seen walking.
Mono Sheriff tip line ringing after Karlie Guse's disappearance featured on Dr. Phil Show
Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé

Firstly I would like to say that I wish I could double like your post.

You have expressed in words far better than I could have regarding this and I agree about the show and the article are both leaning to sides and not focused entirely on the issue that a young girl is missing in mysterious circumstances.

At this point I feel like pointing the finger at everyone, while many of the discrepancies about who said what in that recording there are still questions that I have about that night, one big one is why wasn't an ambulance called or a visit to the ER done. This should not be dependant on what people say or didn't say it is what I feel should have happened given the information at hand as to her behaviour and didn't, I feel it was the parent's decision to make as the responsible adult and not based on what a teenager in a confused state to make.

Any these are just my opinions and I am not trying to accusatory I truely just don't understand. There may be far more about what happended that others know that we don't but this is how it looks to me.

Pls delete if inappropriate I am not meaning to be.

Last edited:
When I first started following this case, it was through BM. I couldn’t help but feel her pain and not being there at the time, not knowing what happened to her daughter etc. what was sadder is that the only information she had to go on was what BF and SM were saying and she has almost retracted everything she has said at first so what is the BM supposed to think. That doesn’t look good from the very start.
I found the article had valid points but the writing to me was very unprofessional, do journalists really need to cuss and get so defensive in their articles? I agree the journalist is following into the same “social media criticism” they say against BM, so what point are they trying to make side with the Guse because they have become victims in all this.
On the other hand the fact that they can’t put their deference’s aside, take away from what’s missing, Karlie.
Someone had typed up what the recording had said but I can’t find it anywhere now, I read it but who’s to say there was 100% truth to it. That’s the thing with this case that bothers me the most everything we hear somewhat changes over time. How are we supposed to have an accurate timeline to go on, I wish I could help on the case but I’m just baffled as to what could of happened to her and why everything keeps changing. I’ve always thought when stories keep changing that’s a bad sign but are they just confused on timelines due to state of losing their daughter. I really don’t know. Trying to stay neutral.
I do like following everyone else’s point of view, and discussing this case.

To look at the possibility that the SM or dad were involved in her disappearance or worse, you have put aside anything they have said and look at the few simple facts. There’s a recording but from when? Last seen with her SM if you discount alleged witnesses who saw someone walking. Actually would be unusual if they were accurate. Damage on SM car. Changing stories. I think last story I heard is Karlie sleep next to SM but SM somehow unaware when Karlie walked away. I just can’t get over they weren’t willing to share almost anything with dr Phil, I think I heard even their home address. Too odd to dismiss . . . So back to my first sentence.

I found the article had valid points but the writing to me was very unprofessional, do journalists really need to cuss and get so defensive in their articles?

RSBM It is an opinion piece on what is really just a personal blog, so I hesitate to regard it as true journalism. It was an interesting read though, thank you for sharing it.

To look at the possibility that the SM or dad were involved in her disappearance or worse, you have put aside anything they have said and look at the few simple facts. There’s a recording but from when? Last seen with her SM if you discount alleged witnesses who saw someone walking. Actually would be unusual if they were accurate. Damage on SM car. Changing stories. I think last story I heard is Karlie sleep next to SM but SM somehow unaware when Karlie walked away. I just can’t get over they weren’t willing to share almost anything with dr Phil, I think I heard even their home address. Too odd to dismiss . . . So back to my first sentence.

Why would you discount witness statements? I think the police have vetted these statements and found them to be viable? What did they not share with Dr. Phil ( although I am not certain how much information I would be willing to share with a talk show)? I believe they turned over the recordings and took the polygraph test. Also, I wonder how much control someone whom appears on a talk show, like Dr. Phil, has when it comes to information they share vs. information they will allow to be shared with the audience. In this instance, a home address. I could see very good reason why I would not want my actual physical address released to the public.

Good points. I would think witness perceptions are clues but not real evidence unless collaborated. I don’t think I read anywhere what the police thought of the witnesses. Certainly having 3 witnesses confirmed reasonable is a lot stronger. Just not sure that is fact though maybe it is. Is there confirmation they both took lie detector and passed? I haven’t read that but did hear on dr Phil that dad took it. Wasn’t clear he passed or SM took. Maybe someone knows that for sure. Dr Phil was not asking for the info to share with public, he’s typically prudent. But I’m sure if he was given some facts, like witness names, he likely would have at least checked into it closer. In, the end, really just had what dad and SM said. My point above isn’t to say my view is they did something, but just that to look at that possibility objectively you have to put aside anything they said. Which is so much of the alleged story. It just may add clarity doing that.

I've said it before in the last thread but how on earth are Mono County still in charge of this investigation? I deal with some financial cases in my job role and if there's the slightest allegation (proven or not) or belief that there may be a conflict of interest or any impropriety then I'm automatically barred from dealing with the case with immediate effect. This is to protect me, the company and the case from those accusations.

While I'm not suggesting wrong doing on behalf of the police force or sheriff. I find it entirely improper that they're dealing with a case that has a live complaint on it against the sheriff and department.

I've said it before in the last thread but how on earth are Mono County still in charge of this investigation? I deal with some financial cases in my job role and if there's the slightest allegation (proven or not) or belief that there may be a conflict of interest or any impropriety then I'm automatically barred from dealing with the case with immediate effect. This is to protect me, the company and the case from those accusations.

While I'm not suggesting wrong doing on behalf of the police force or sheriff. I find it entirely improper that they're dealing with a case that has a live complaint on it against the sheriff and department.

There has to be some basis in fact.

We can't talk about this case really without being able to discuss the statements and behaviors of the family which are not in the MSM. So the thread is going to be pretty dead.

Sorry, but I found his tone a few steps too far. He even threw shade on Lindsay with regards to Karlie's disappearance at the end. It is MG and ZG who cut off communication with Lindsay and refuse to this day to even sit in the same room with her.

The only true fact that was picked up is that it was highly unlikely MG and the local sheriff went to school together.

Yes. I have some problems with the article, which is really just a blog. He gets various facts totally wrong. He hasn't provided sources for the supposed statements of the bio mom.

Even if she's made desperate, conspiracy theory claims about LE and the dad and SM, many people haven't based their suspicions on those statements. Instead, it's on the various, recorded and published statements made by SM and dad which have repeatedly changed and included admitted lies. It's also based on their demeanor and behavior, all of which they published to the world.

Some of the incorrect facts, for example, are that Dr. Phil heard the audio and concluded that Karlie did not say what bio mom and her PI claimed.

Sadly I can't link but SM's own statements show there were two audio recordings. Dr. Phil only heard a snippet of one.

When I first started following this case, it was through BM. I couldn’t help but feel her pain and not being there at the time, not knowing what happened to her daughter etc. what was sadder is that the only information she had to go on was what BF and SM were saying and she has almost retracted everything she has said at first so what is the BM supposed to think. That doesn’t look good from the very start.
I found the article had valid points but the writing to me was very unprofessional, do journalists really need to cuss and get so defensive in their articles? I agree the journalist is following into the same “social media criticism” they say against BM, so what point are they trying to make side with the Guse because they have become victims in all this.
On the other hand the fact that they can’t put their deference’s aside, take away from what’s missing, Karlie.
Someone had typed up what the recording had said but I can’t find it anywhere now, I read it but who’s to say there was 100% truth to it. That’s the thing with this case that bothers me the most everything we hear somewhat changes over time. How are we supposed to have an accurate timeline to go on, I wish I could help on the case but I’m just baffled as to what could of happened to her and why everything keeps changing. I’ve always thought when stories keep changing that’s a bad sign but are they just confused on timelines due to state of losing their daughter. I really don’t know. Trying to stay neutral.
I do like following everyone else’s point of view, and discussing this case.

It's not MSM. It's a blog. Frustrating that we can post that, and not be able to discuss other non-MSM sources to challenge some of what he's saying. Like about the audio recordings. That's plural.

Bio mom wrote a letter of complaint to the department. If every LE agency had to halt their investigations and transfer them to other agencies based on angry letters from desperate family members of the subjects of investigations, it would be an incredible mess.

Bio mom wrote a letter of complaint to the department. If every LE agency had to halt their investigations and transfer them to other agencies based on angry letters from desperate family members of the subjects of investigations, it would be an incredible mess.
Of course, but that's not to say that BM doesn't have valid complaints. Maybe the letter was written simply for the purpose intended. If it were my child and I felt that an investigation was tainted or not being addressed professionally, I'd do more than just write a letter of complaint, I'd have a lawyer, such as yourself, file a formal one against the department but then, you'd need some form of evidence to back it up.
If she's right, I hope she finds that evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member