Identified! WA - Clark Co., Fem Skeletal Remains, near Fly Creek, Feb'80 - Sandy Morden

So, not all of those who are ruled out have muscular/thick necks? I'm curious how they're able to tell? I'm assuming the remains did not still include, as some of the rule out date back to 1971? But admittedly there is a lot I do not know about this sort of thing.

With this in mind, was Tara Cossey ever considered?
It hasn’t been explicitly stated, however there could have been parts of her neck muscle still attached. Not sure how long it would take for thick muscle to decompose, but certainly there may have been some muscle left when she was found.

I found a case in the Spokane area where a cranium was found and the person may have been deceased for a couple of years. In the photo of the base of the skull, there was still muscle and nerve endings attached to where the brain was. It could be similar.

I don’t think Cossey has been mentioned yet!

Mr. Futch, is there a chance this girl was a victim of human trafficking?

I think this woman is Chinooki (Native American), and I traced the tribe she could be from. The Chinooki tribe links this girl to two cities: Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington.

Mr. Futch, is there a chance this girl was a victim of human trafficking?
There is a chance, but something deep tells me this has something to do with a relationship. I’m not sure why, however Human trafficking could play a role in this. But then yet again, we are talking about the late 70s when this woman was killed. Stranger Danger wasn’t a thing yet and women were carelessly hitchhiking through the country not knowing what they may or may not get into!

I think this woman is Chinooki (Native American), and I traced the tribe she could be from. The Chinooki tribe links this girl to two cities: Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington.
I think she is. The Chinooks (or Chinooki tribe) is made up of several minor tribes within this area of the Northwest that stretches far down the Oregon Coast, into the Willamette Valley and SW Washington. The Multnomah, Clatskanie, Chelatchie, Grand Ronde and Cowlitz tribes fall under the chinooks I think. I would not doubt that at the end of the day, if she wasn’t from Mexico, she was perhaps a member of the Chinool tribe and perhaps fits under one of these subcategories.

59285535_326756247990633_6660168209238327296_o.png

Please stop bumping....I will not forget her...When good content is coming I will be there. I know you do this with the best intentions but it adds noting.

Last edited:
I'd like to revisit the discussion of Suzanne Justis for FCJD....
OR - OR - Suzanne Justis, 23, Eugene, 5 Nov 1973

Thoughts:
A. The coroner originally believed these remains could have been 6 years old. (Re: Timeline concerns)
B. FCJD found in same area as Martha Morrison (from Oregon). (Victim of Warren Leslie Forrest)
C. Found in same area as Jamie Grissim's belongings. (Believed to be victim of Forrest)

IF FCJD is a victim of Warren Leslie Forrest, she would have been left here prior to Oct 1974 (likely prior to Sept 1974 when Martha was left here)- Suzanne's timeline matches
ETA: Suzanne was likely to be hitchhiking back to Eugene from Portland when she disappeared- Forrest's MO was picking up hitch-hikers

According to Ancestry records, Suzanne married Michael Justis on 2/4/68- in Vancouver WA. (So she did come to Clark Co at some point- not that that really tells us anything I suppose).

They divorced in Lane Co OR in Nov 1971 (long before she disappeared). There is a "Justis" first inital J who was born in 1970 and attended Roseburg HS. He'd be the right age to be the son she was coming back to pick up, but I'm not finding anything conclusive on a son for Suzanne and Michael...

I'd like to revisit the discussion of Suzanne Justis for FCJD....
OR - OR - Suzanne Justis, 23, Eugene, 5 Nov 1973

Thoughts:
A. The coroner originally believed these remains could have been 6 years old. (Re: Timeline concerns)
B. FCJD found in same area as Martha Morrison (from Oregon). (Victim of Warren Leslie Forrest)
C. Found in same area as Jamie Grissim's belongings. (Believed to be victim of Forrest)

IF FCJD is a victim of Warren Leslie Forrest, she would have been left here prior to Oct 1974 (likely prior to Sept 1974 when Martha was left here)- Suzanne's timeline matches
ETA: Suzanne was likely to be hitchhiking back to Eugene from Portland when she disappeared- Forrest's MO was picking up hitch-hikers

I need to make some slight corrections here. Martha was found on Larch Mountain with one other female victim, who was identified as Carol Valenzuela. Larch Mountain is about an hour from where FCJD was found. Despite the difference, its still relevant that FCJD could have been a victim of Warren Forrest. Dole Valley Road, where Jamie Grissim's belongings were found, were about the same distance from the FCJD site.

WITH THAT SAID: I have considered Suzanne as FCJD because of some similar features. In the CW forum, I had also addressed this and the timeline. If Suzanne Justis was a victim of Warren Forrest in the 70s, Forrest knew how to get around the county obviously based on the crimes connected to him. I'm sure a time or two, he had been in the Chelatchie area, where the FCJD was found. @Mysteries1974 thank you for submitting this, please let us know something should you hear back!

Also, @theshadow45, thank you for bumping and keeping this thread alive! Bumps for cases like FCJD's keep them alive!

Last edited:
Where was it noted that she could have been six years old? I haven't been able to find anything on that. The early newspaper reports from the Columbian had indicated early teens, but was inconclusive using 80s technology.
I don't mean to add to the confusion here, but I read the quote above as the remains themselves were originally thought to be six years old, and not from a six year old.

I need to make some slight corrections here. Martha was found on Larch Mountain with one other female victim, who was identified as Carol Valenzuela. Larch Mountain is about an hour from where FCJD was found. Despite the difference, its still relevant that FCJD could have been a victim of Warren Forrest. Dole Valley Road, where Jamie Grissim's belongings were found, were about the same distance from the FCJD site.

WITH THAT SAID: I have considered Suzanne as FCJD because of some similar features. In the CW forum, I had also addressed this and the timeline. If Suzanne Justis was a victim of Warren Forrest in the 70s, Forrest knew how to get around the county obviously based on the crimes connected to him. I'm sure a time or two, he had been in the Chelatchie area, where the FCJD was found. @Mysteries1974 thank you for submitting this, please let us know something should you hear back!

Also, @theshadow45, thank you for bumping and keeping this thread alive! Bumps for cases like FCJD's keep them alive!

Thank you for the correction-- I did err in saying that Martha and Carol were located in the same area as FCJD-- but I believe it's the same region of Clark County...From Forrest's nexus of living in Battle Ground, all of these locations would be about 30 min drive or less. I believe Warren Forrest was all over rural Clark County both as part of his job and his hobbies :/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back