SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Wow!
I didn’t know forums like this actually existed these days.
I’m Lauryn Poole.
You already know who I am as it seems I’ve been searched on Facebook by you ‘detectives’

My Brother and Dad are missing.
Nothing more and nothing less.
I have no idea what you are speculating, remember press aren’t always on our side!
Anything for A story.

We know nothing about phones or SIM cards, although we do know they went to an Internet cafe.
They haven’t been back to the hotel since Tuesday.
They haven’t been seen since Tuesday.
Anyone else believing it’s weird that I haven’t posted regarding the missing person post.
My friends and family are aware of what is going on, and I believed it was shared around enough. For myself it was mire a case of seeing negative comments and I didn’t want to open myself up to it on my own profile.
Due to temptation and now lack of patience it seems I have done the very opposite.

Please stop playing detective.
They are missing and we just want them back.
No more, no less.

Thank you! prayers and shares.

Hello Lauryn, welcome to WS.
So sorry to hear they are still missing.
They should have returned home this weekend, is that correct?

You may want to request verification as an insider.
All info can be found here.
Websleuths

If you don't like this forum an the rules, you are not obliged to visit or to return.

All the best for the search, most people turn up after a while, so fingers crossed.

Hiya.
Yes they did not return on their flight Saturday.

Thank you for that info. I was wishing to just put the correct information on the web . I don’t wish to return after doing so.
Thank you
Welcome to Ws.Laurynpoole!
Very sorry about your missing family members, posters here are genuinely trying to help keep the missing in the public eye, members here are from all around the world which can be very useful in cases such as this one.
Truly hoping for a happy outcome!

Wow!
I’m Lauryn Poole.
You already know who I am as it seems I’ve been searched on Facebook by you ‘detectives’

I have no idea what you are speculating, remember press aren’t always on our side!
Anything for A story.

We know nothing about phones or SIM cards, although we do know they went to an Internet cafe.
Anyone else believing it’s weird that I haven’t posted regarding the missing person post.
My friends and family are aware of what is going on, and I believed it was shared around enough. For myself it was mire a case of seeing negative comments and I didn’t want to open myself up to it on my own profile.
Due to temptation and now lack of patience it seems I have done the very opposite.

No more, no less.

Hi Lauryn and thanks for posting. A couple of things:

My Brother and Dad are missing. Nothing more and nothing less.
Well, it is something more. The statistical likelihood of two grown men going missing at the same time is extremely small. It suggests something out of the ordinary happened to them - whether they've been victims of violence, a car accident, a drowning accident or something more sinister.

They haven’t been back to the hotel since Tuesday. They haven’t been seen since Tuesday.
In a missing persons case it would typically be made public where someone was last seen, what time, where they were heading so that those in the area are aware to keep an eye out. Is there any CCTV of your dad and Liam from the Tuesday; if so did they seem to be behaving normally, were they being followed, were they drunk, were they stocking up on food/booze etc etc.

It is unusual for there to be so little information, especially when the fact there are two of them suggest this was probably not a simple accident as is often the case with missing holidaymakers abroad. Not speculating anything other than it's strange they've both vanished, and it's dishearteningly quiet in the media.

If you would like the thread to be deleted just report your post and mods will look at removing it all for you. However, thanks again for posting and sorry if you have been upset by comments. There are some good minds here with lots of experience of missing person cases who might just be able to help you.

Best wishes to your family at this horrible time.

I tried to do a search of local newspapers to see if they had any more information to add about the disappearance but it doesn’t seem that any of the three major ones in the Estepona/Malaga area have written about the Poole’s yet. Hopefully they do as Spaniards still tend to read the local newspaper each morning.

I hope the Poole family has contacted the British Embassy in Madrid or Consulate in Malaga to help distribute missing posters of Daniel and Liam and provide information to local media outlets to give more exposure and urgency to the situation. Maybe the Embassy/Consulate have contacts with local LE and this relationship could be used to expedite efforts by local LE in finding Daniel and Liam.

Wow!
I’m Lauryn Poole.

Anything for A story.

No more, no less.

Hi Lauryn,
I do understand that you & your family are trying to shield from negative comments,due to the fact that the media picked up the news, of both their, strange and sudden disappearance.
By the sighting of the picture of your dad and brother,they look physically strong men... -not the ones,who could easily run in to trouble,without the ability to handle it.

Social media can also be.., a very powerful tool to spread and gain tips from the public!
Here/Welcome on WS, You find members who also speak: Norwegian Danish,German,Dutch...
I am sure that the hotel of their staying,hosted a lot of international guest..?
...Dutch and Belgium anyway..a very populair resort, it seems from the reviews.
But I do hope your dad and brother are fine and this won't be necessary.
All my best for a good outcome

There is a FB page called missing persons in Spain. The page is in English about missing foreigners in Spain. Members have reposted messages about the missing Liam and Daniel.

There is a message from the official Sussex Police account, with interesting reactions.

This is Daniel and Liam Poole from Burgess Hill.

They flew to Malaga in Spain on Sunday (March 31) but their family have been unable to make contact with either of them since Monday (April 1).

Have you seen them in Sussex or had contact from either of them since this date?

If so please get in contact with us without delay
Concern for father and son whose family have been unable to contact them

SPAIN - Daniel Poole, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

IMHO this message seems to suggest the possibility that Daniel and Liam may have returned to the UK, at least Police Sussex appear not to exclude it.

Other than that, Daniel and Liam are missing from the news in Málaga and there is no Missing Daniel and Liam Poole FB page that I can find.

In the friendliest way possible, I would like to remark that while it is next to impossible to stop the internet from doing what it does and talking what it talks, thanks to the internet, families of the missing have a unique and powerful opportunity to put their story out, share the details they want to share and reach out to any corner of the globe.

Has the disapperance been reported to the police or Guardia Civíl in Estepona?
Did the family visit the area and the hotel?
Has CCTV of the hotel and the last known location been examined?

Likewise... I just searched Twitter, can only find FOUR posts in total, from April 4th/5th. On Twitter! In this day and age!

It's ridiculous, and I'm sorry if this offends friends or family, but it is simply not getting pushed enough. Why not?!
Seems to me, they don't want too much digging. Just my opinion.

Wow. Really feel for the sister. That being said ... I can’t say that I’ve seen a family member post on WS discouraging people from talking about the disappearance of their missing loved ones. Not sure what to think.

"STILL MISSING": Brit father and son not heard from for TWO WEEKS on Spain's Costa del Sol - Euro Weekly News Spain

SUSSEX POLICE have confirmed that a father and son who flew together to Spain’s Costa del Sol but have still not made contact with family members after more than two weeks.

Despite a social media post that has attracted almost 1,000 comments and been shared 3,500 times the force says: “Unfortunately Daniel and Liam are still currently missing.

“We’re looking into various lines of enquiry as part of the investigation. Daniel and Liam’s lack of contact with their family is totally out of character, hence our appeal for the public’s help in locating them.

“Working with partners outside of the UK can be complex and take time.”

BBM

Wow!
I’m Lauryn Poole.

Anything for A story.

No more, no less.

My prayers are with you and your family. I can’t imagine what you’re going through. I’ll continue praying and hoping for the best. Stay strong.

"Mañana, mañana"

Not quite my impression. If Sussex Police is taking the bureaucratic route, that's when life becomes complicated, unless of course they use the European Arrest Warrant, in which case things can go swiftly. But you have to have probable cause.

What's wrong in this days and age with getting on a plane, rent a car or take the bus to Málaga and report your family missing? Next contact the local radio, the news outlets in English, find someone to help you with the language and get the ball rolling.
Is there a FB page Find Liam and Daniel Poole?

What's wrong in this days and age with getting on a plane, rent a car or take the bus to Málaga and report your family missing? Next contact the local radio, the news outlets in English, find someone to help you with the language and get the ball rolling.
Is there a FB page Find Liam and Daniel Poole?

All very good questions. Barely a word on FB or Twitter which would be the most wide spreading methods of getting the word out. I don't do Instagram but perhaps that is being used more. Don't know if any family have been over there but someone must have picked up their belongings from the hotel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back