Paris - Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral, Apr 2019

Hoping everyone got out safely.
Looking at google pics. was confused for a moment by pics from gaming sites showing pics. of that church on fire. fwiw, imo.

Fox News just quoted French officials as saying that the fire is in fact believed to be connected to that renovation work.
Wouldn't you hate being on the reno team right about now. The whole world is gasping at the damage.

If it's an accident (or even workplace neglect), it's still devastating of course....but so much better than arson. I hope it quickly confirmed to be an accident.

jmo

Wouldn't you hate being on the reno team right about now. The whole world is gasping at the damage.

If it's an accident (or even workplace neglect), it's still devastating of course....but so much better than arson. I hope it quickly confirmed to be an accident.

jmo
It does appear that this was an accident, and not some act of arson or terror.

Early yet, but no indications of anything nefarious.

I’m switching between CNN and Fox, and both have talked about how hard this is going to be to fight.

Ladders upon ladders to reach the area, from both the inside and the outside.

Massive fire, and no easy way to fight it.

The famous spire is expected to collapse.

A piece of the Crown of thorns, two other important relics are located in the spire.

Grave danger of almost total loss of the cathedral.
Nooooo! I was hoping the stone walls would help contain the fire to just one area. If it all goes....I can't even think of it.

This is as horrible as the museum in Brazil going up in flames last year. Devastating loss to everyone in the world, not just local.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd