Canada - Suspect posing as delivery man shot woman with crossbow, Toronto (Mississauga), Nov. 2018 *arrest*

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/crossbow-shooting-mississauga-1.5098342
April 15 2019

"Police say they're looking for a man they believe posed as a delivery man in order to shoot a woman with a crossbow in Mississauga, Ont.

Peel Regional Police said Monday that in November, a 44-year-old woman answered her door to the supposed delivery man who was carrying a large box.

They say the woman and the suspect had a short conversation before the man shot her with a crossbow he had hidden inside the box."

Officers said they believe the incident was a "premeditated, targeted and isolated attack" based on the conversation between the woman and suspect before she was shot.

"They said the crossbow used in the attack was meant for large game hunting in order to "inflict the maximum amount of damage possible."

Police are asking for the public's assistance in identifying the suspect, who fled the scene in a dark coloured pick up truck."

https://www.insauga.com/caught-on-v...r-shooting-woman-with-crossbow-in-mississauga
"The incident happened at approximately 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.

A male suspect posing as a delivery man and carrying a box attended a residence on Bayberry Drive, near the intersection of Argentia and Winston Churchill.

The victim, a 44 year old, woman answered the door and had a brief conversation with the suspect.

It is believed the suspect then shot the victim in the chest with an arrow using a crossbow that was concealed inside of the box.

He then retreated to a dark coloured pickup truck that was parked nearby and fled the area.

412df34a-ec9a-4fb5-a5c9-f766e4c22876

It is currently unknown if there was anybody else in the vehicle.

The following day, a search of the residence yielded the arrow that is believed to have been used in the shooting, as well as surveillance footage of the incident.

“The arrow used in this incident is designed to hunt large game such as moose and deer and inflict the maximum amount of damage possible,” police say.

The video, seen below, shows the suspect waiting at the door for a few seconds with his right hand concealed inside the box. It then shows the aftermath of the shooting, in which the suspect hastily flees while the victim shuts the door."

"Police say the victim sustained life-threatening and life-altering injuries, with damage done to her internal organs.

“The victim spent several months in hospital,” said Det. Sgt. Jim Kettles. “She’ll be in a recovery phase for the rest of her life.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/crossbow-shooting-mississauga-1.5098342
April 15 2019

"Police say they're looking for a man they believe posed as a delivery man in order to shoot a woman with a crossbow in Mississauga, Ont.

Peel Regional Police said Monday that in November, a 44-year-old woman answered her door to the supposed delivery man who was carrying a large box.

They say the woman and the suspect had a short conversation before the man shot her with a crossbow he had hidden inside the box."

Officers said they believe the incident was a "premeditated, targeted and isolated attack" based on the conversation between the woman and suspect before she was shot.

"They said the crossbow used in the attack was meant for large game hunting in order to "inflict the maximum amount of damage possible."

Police are asking for the public's assistance in identifying the suspect, who fled the scene in a dark coloured pick up truck."

Is LE just now asking for the public's assistance, and releasing video of the suspect, 5 months after the attack?
Or have they made prior appeals?

Because unlike fine wine, memories don't improve with time.

Even so, hopefully somebody recognizes this guy. He has a somewhat distinct profile.

JMO.

Last edited:
Is LE just now asking for the public's assistance, and releasing video of the suspect, 5 months after the attack?
Or have they made prior appeals?

Because unlike fine wine, memories don't improve with time.

Even so, hopefully somebody recognizes this guy. He has a somewhat distinct profile.

JMO.
There was earlier appeals..
"Nov 7, 2018
A woman in her forties was seriously injured in Mississauga Wednesday night and police say a a bow and arrow may have been involved".

There was earlier appeals..
"Nov 7, 2018
A woman in her forties was seriously injured in Mississauga Wednesday night and police say a a bow and arrow may have been involved".

Good to know, thanks, dotr!

So, they're issuing a fresh appeal....really hoping the video generates some leads for them.

What a horrific, brazen crime.
I noted someone closed the door from inside at the end of the video...was the woman able to do that herself, or was someone else in the home at the time?

Good to know, thanks, dotr!

So, they're issuing a fresh appeal....really hoping the video generates some leads for them.

What a horrific, brazen crime.
I noted someone closed the door from inside at the end of the video...was the woman able to do that herself, or was someone else in the home at the time?
The victim was alone at the time and apparently she managed to close the door herself (somehow!) hate to think of the amount of pain she must have experienced.
imo.
Mississauga woman was shot with crossbow by suspect posing as deliveryman: police
rbbm.
"The victim, while critically injured, managed to close the door and call 911."
“There are potential motives that we have established. I can’t speak to those at this time,” Kettles said. “We’re open to anything at this point and we’re looking at all possible investigative avenues as to why this attack may have been carried out.”

While the victim saw the suspect’s face, she did not know him, Kettles said.

He said police are now appealing to the public to try and identify the suspect and urged people to examine the surveillance images closely.

I would encourage people just to pay particular attention to all of these pieces in the photo. The face on its own, although that may not trigger anything, perhaps in conjunction with the cap that he’s wearing and the shoes he’s got on – that may mean something to somebody,” Kettles said.

Police said the suspect may possibly have been wearing some other sort of head covering underneath his cap.

Last edited:
Rbbm.
WARMINGTON: Did would-be killer forget about the security camera?
"It’s as if the would-be killer thought of every little detail in this well planned-out crossbow attack on a Mississauga mom.

Or did he? Is there something he forgot or didn’t know about it?

Peel Regional Police are wondering just that.

Yes, it is true this attempted murderer was so meticulous that he went to the trouble of concealing his crossbow inside what looked like a delivery box.

Yes, he was also wearing gloves and clothing that looked like something from an episode of Dexter."

"A lot of his face was captured by security video. It’s as if he didn’t realize there was a camera, to his right of the front door, recording his every move.

Oops.

Could that be a break in the case that saw a mother of two shot with an arrow from a crossbow designed to take down a moose. It went right through her mid-section and lodged in the wall behind her — leaving her with catastrophic, life-altering wounds."

"The video shows the size of the man to be between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-2, his mannerisms and the video captures his mouth moving as if he is saying something to the soon to be badly-wounded victim.

Maybe somebody recognized the trigger-man’s face, his unique nose, his movement, his clothing or what could be similar to a bike racer’s cap with an insignia."

“We don’t rule out that this suspect could be from outside of the province,” he said. “It could explain why he didn’t make an attempt to hide his face.”

Rbbm.
WARMINGTON: Did would-be killer forget about the security camera?
"It’s as if the would-be killer thought of every little detail in this well planned-out crossbow attack on a Mississauga mom.

Or did he? Is there something he forgot or didn’t know about it?

Peel Regional Police are wondering just that.

Yes, it is true this attempted murderer was so meticulous that he went to the trouble of concealing his crossbow inside what looked like a delivery box.

Yes, he was also wearing gloves and clothing that looked like something from an episode of Dexter."

"A lot of his face was captured by security video. It’s as if he didn’t realize there was a camera, to his right of the front door, recording his every move.

Oops.

Could that be a break in the case that saw a mother of two shot with an arrow from a crossbow designed to take down a moose. It went right through her mid-section and lodged in the wall behind her — leaving her with catastrophic, life-altering wounds."

"The video shows the size of the man to be between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-2, his mannerisms and the video captures his mouth moving as if he is saying something to the soon to be badly-wounded victim.

Maybe somebody recognized the trigger-man’s face, his unique nose, his movement, his clothing or what could be similar to a bike racer’s cap with an insignia."

“We don’t rule out that this suspect could be from outside of the province,” he said. “It could explain why he didn’t make an attempt to hide his face.”

I don’t know why but I hadn’t expected to read that the arrow went right thru this poor woman. But I guess I should have known as her recovery will be a lifelong process. This was such an awful, brutal way to murder someone. Someone really has some strong hatred for her.

I don’t know why but I hadn’t expected to read that the arrow went right thru this poor woman. But I guess I should have known as her recovery will be a lifelong process. This was such an awful, brutal way to murder someone. Someone really has some strong hatred for her.
It went through her and lodged in the wall!
Strange way to (try) and kill somebody when a gun or almost anything else would suffice, imo.
Wild speculation, imo, fwiw ect.
An arrow shot through a woman's chest at close range reminds one of a failed or unrequited romance and this song comes to mind..
Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name - YouTube
Lyrics
Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darlin', you give love a bad name
An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me heaven, then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison, you can't break free"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics