TX - League City, WhtFem Skeletal 52UFTX, 24-34, "Janet Doe", Sept 1991 - Donna Prudhomme

talk about "edge of your seat " this is the longest morning...

I know right! Thankfully I had to be gone for 3 hrs, but returned to the news these people wasn't in the unidentified anymore. Still wonder who they are, even after hearing the names.

So, I !missed that part of the press conference, but I don't think so.

One article stated that neither had officially been reported missing, although the family of the other woman has come forward to say that had been looking for her for decades.

Police name 2 women found dead in 'Killing Fields', hope clues about them will help find killer

Janet Doe has been identified as Donna Prudhomme.

Prudhomme was born on April 23, 1957 in Port Arthur, Texas. Between 1982-1985, she lived in the Beaumont and Port Arthur areas.

In 1986, she moved to Austin. Two years later, Prudhomme moved to Seabrook and lived in an apartment complex.

She later lived in Nassau Bay, Texas in 1991. Police believe she frequently went to bars on Nasa Road 1.

Prudhomme was last seen in July 1991 and was believed to be 34 years old at the time of her death.

Sorry if I missed seeing this earlier in the thread, but apparently someone confessed to her murder in 2016 but was never charged? I'd be interested to see if that changes now that she has been identified.

Confessed killer details murder of Texas Killing Fields victim

Stallings had picked up the young woman on Telephone Road near Interstate 610. He described her as "trashed," "wasted," with "skin barely over her bones" and "emotionally gone." He said they went to a motel and did some drugs.

"And I said, "Look, you know, let's go for a ride,'" Stallings said.

That ride took them south to League City and a field off Interstate 45 and Calder Road. It's where Stallings once worked as a ranch hand, and where three bodies had been discovered in the 1980s. The young woman with Stallings would be the fourth in the Texas Killing Field.

"I ended up getting the seat belt and hit her in the head with the seat belt buckle, right, and then wrapped the seat belt around her neck and choked her out," Stallings said.

I-Team: "Choked her out meaning…"

Stallings: "Choked her out you know."

I-Team: "You killed her."

Stallings: "Yeah."

"Just because somebody says they did something doesn't always give us ammunition to go to court," said Detective Marty Grant.

Grant was one of the original detectives on the Janet Doe case. In 2001, he questioned Stallings over five days at the scene and said the suspect confessed back then, too. But Grant said Stallings later recanted. Now his story is changing again.

"Some of the things he told you does not corroborate some of the things he told me all those years ago," Grant said.

As for the other three victims, Stallings denies every killing them and League City Police said they continue to build a case on another suspect in those murders.

I am hesitant to link this, because Prudhomme is apparently not an uncommon name in Louisiana, and Donna was certainly not an unusual name at the time this woman was born, but there is a well-documented woman from St. Landry Parish with this name who would be about this woman's age. If they are one and the same, the genetic research indicating relatives in this parish was spot-on. If they are not, I would still not be surprised to find that there is some familial relationship there. There is another Donna Prudhomme from Louisiana who is slightly older, with different parents, living in Shreveport in her teens.

The St. Landry Parish DP was on the honor roll many times and participated in Girl Scouts, before marrying in 1982.

1024x1024.png

Does anyone know if Donna Prudhomme had any children? I can't find anything that says they determined if she had ever given birth.

Donna had 2 sons, according to the press conference.

Dang. I grew up down the street from the area and saw the picture this morning and her high school photo looks identical to a girl I went to high school with who was not raised by bio family. I guess it would be a long shot; she would of had to of given birth in 89 or 90. They just look so similar.

How does a gal from Tennesee end up dead in the Killing Fields of Texas not long after Tim Miller's (daughter, Laura Miller, also found in the killing fields & Tim Miller says he knew her (his daughter did not) bc she dated a guy that worked for him. I'm a little wigged out by that coincidence..LE needs to hop to it, get the man's name from Tim & start making connections. Does this mean he has known Laura's killer the whole time?
Info found at link:Police identify 2 women found dead in Calder Road field 3 decades ago

So Stallings said Janet Doe was a teenager. 34 years old is nothing close to a teenager. But Stallings story did say she wanted cocaine; and the press conference mentioned cocaine. I wonder why LE has ruled out Stallings? (I am reading Deliver Us - by Kathryn Casey).

Donna’s maiden name want Prudhomme, it was Gonsoulin. Her full name was Donna Marie Gonsoulin-Prudhomme.

I don’t think that Prudhomme was a victim of the Killing Field Killer for several reasons:
  1. Prudhomme was found several years apart from murders. The latest was in 1985 and after hers was in 1996.
  2. Prudhomme’s constant moving and an abusive relationship differs from most stories, as most of the victims were closer to the area they were found killed.
  3. The fact that Prudhomme just left her children with her mother in ‘88 or ‘89 to move around makes me believe that her husband knows more about her disappearance.
  4. When Donna’s body was found, it was farther from the other 3 victims of Calder Road, which makes no sense at all.

200C46C0-E826-4BDA-8670-ABC4EA757B5D.jpeg 636B7E9D-D71F-4060-ABB4-3CFA1DE210BE.jpeg

ABC13 Houston just made a video about the Calder Road killings. They included pictures of evidence from the killings, such as Prudhomme’s Payless shoes and her keys.

I am hesitant to link this, because Prudhomme is apparently not an uncommon name in Louisiana, and Donna was certainly not an unusual name at the time this woman was born, but there is a well-documented woman from St. Landry Parish with this name who would be about this woman's age. If they are one and the same, the genetic research indicating relatives in this parish was spot-on. If they are not, I would still not be surprised to find that there is some familial relationship there. There is another Donna Prudhomme from Louisiana who is slightly older, with different parents, living in Shreveport in her teens.

The St. Landry Parish DP was on the honor roll many times and participated in Girl Scouts, before marrying in 1982.

1024x1024.png

With the maiden name of Gonsoulin, there are numerous references to that name in St. Martin and New Iberia parishes, which is even more in line with the predictions.
Donna Gonsoulin Prudhomme - View Obituary & Service Information

Did we determine if she was ever reported missing ? I like to know these things .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back