SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Meanwhile, one British expat told the Olive Press she spotted Daniel on a dating app.

The Brit, who asked not to be named, said she recognised him from the Olive Press appeal and took a screenshot of his profile.

She attempted to match with him in the hope of being able to contact him but received no response.

Daniel described himself as a business owner in his profile and said he was not looking for hook ups but was ‘up for meeting people’.

His profile showing up after the date of his disappearance does not mean he was actively on his phone as the profiles can be selected for any user several days in advance.

tinder-profile.jpg

Mystery deepens for British father and son who vanished from Costa del Sol two weeks ago as expat reveals dad was on Tinder before vanishing - Olive Press News Spain

It also mentions again about them possibly buying sim cards.

IMO there’s a lot more to the story. I understand family being protective but at some point, information must be shared to locate them.

If any Brits could enlighten me, is Malaga a popular vacation destination? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
IMO there’s a lot more to the story. I understand family being protective but at some point, information must be shared to locate them.

If any Brits could enlighten me, is Malaga a popular vacation destination? Thank you in advance!
Malaga is a very popular destination spot for Brits and many other countries especially tourists from Northern Africa and the Middle East. Spaniards also flock to it. The weather can be questionable in March/April though but I don’t think many tourists care as they normally come from colder climates at this time of the year.

Meanwhile, one British expat told the Olive Press she spotted Daniel on a dating app.

The Brit, who asked not to be named, said she recognised him from the Olive Press appeal and took a screenshot of his profile.

She attempted to match with him in the hope of being able to contact him but received no response.

Daniel described himself as a business owner in his profile and said he was not looking for hook ups but was ‘up for meeting people’.

His profile showing up after the date of his disappearance does not mean he was actively on his phone as the profiles can be selected for any user several days in advance.

tinder-profile.jpg

Mystery deepens for British father and son who vanished from Costa del Sol two weeks ago as expat reveals dad was on Tinder before vanishing - Olive Press News Spain

It also mentions again about them possibly buying sim cards.
The SIM card issue is very strange. If they purchased new ones and inserted them into their phones then of course their family isn’t going to be able to contact them unless they were given the new numbers.

Was there a reason for the two of them to disappear and start new lives?

Doesn't seem like it on the face of it. They seem to be a close family, Daniel has grown up kids, <modsnip: no link to support info>. Daniel has his own business and a partner/wife. I can't think why they'd willingly abandon it all.

I'd like to know whether they had been on holiday together before, just the two of them, or whether it was the first time. And also whether they played golf. AND if they hired a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't seem like it on the face of it. They seem to be a close family, Daniel has grown up kids, <modsnip: no link to support info>. Daniel has his own business and a partner/wife. I can't think why they'd willingly abandon it all.

I'd like to know whether they had been on holiday together before, just the two of them, or whether it was the first time. And also whether they played golf. AND if they hired a car.

“They have been on holiday together before but never have they lost contact with family members in Burgess Hill where they live."

First post of the thread.

Were they in Málaga before, and did they go to that internet café?

IMHO a father and a son disappearing to start a new life together is uncommon.
But stranger things have happened, they should check their finances to see if there is anything out of the order. If the business is doing well, a new start in life is not that obvious.

On my list of possibilties, a new start in life does not get many points.

Did they hire a car? And if so, has it been found or returned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they hire a car? And if so, has it been found or returned?

This would be so useful to know as it might indicate an undiscovered car accident, but you would think (hope!) that info would have come out by now. I don't think it has been made public where they were last seen, which would be the starting point in a missing persons case. Nobody is behaving typically at all; nothing in the newspapers, no social media campaign and no police updates. Odd odd odd.

rbbm
Karl Smallman 15 April 2019
https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2019...o-weeks-on-spains-costa-del-sol/#.XLTAvKR7nIU
missing-brit-father-and-son-spain-euroweeklynews-696x464.jpg
MISSING IN SPAIN: Daniel and Liam Poole were believed to be in Estepona on Spain's Costa del Sol. File image. Photo credits: Shutterstock / Sussex Police
“They have been on holiday together before but never have they lost contact with family members in Burgess Hill where they live.

“We are eager to hear from anyone who has made contact with either Daniel or Liam since Monday (April 1).”

Amateur sleuths on social media have been asking: “Any news on these guys? This is all very odd? Why did they go to Estepona for 6 days? Golf? Business? Do they go there often? There’s obviously more to this and the public should know if they need their help.”

Police ask that if you have information on their whereabouts or have made contact with either of the pair since the last known contact, please call 101 in the UK quoting 720 of 03/04. From abroad call +44 1273 470 101."

The dad was on Tinder, but has a wife/partner, correct?
Yes. That was the reasoning behind my question re how tinder is used in U.K./Europe. My friends and I (here in the states) refer to it as the hook up app and other such phrasing less appropriate for posting on WS.

The article suggests the dad was on tinder to “meet people.” I’m not suggesting that is untrue but.... IMO it’s odd from an American point of view.

Yes. That was the reasoning behind my question re how tinder is used in U.K./Europe. My friends and I (here in the states) refer to it as the hook up app and other such phrasing less appropriate for posting on WS.

The article suggests the dad was on tinder to “meet people.” I’m not suggesting that is untrue but.... IMO it’s odd from an American point of view.

Lots of people (around 50% of users, numbers vary per country) use Tinder primarily to meet other people.
So, if he was on Tinder to meet people, he was on Tinder to meet people.

Would be interesting to know whom he met, and did he meet them in Málaga?

IMHO he would not go out on a date on his own if he was on vacation with his son.

Lots of people (around 50% of users, numbers vary per country) use Tinder primarily to meet other people.
So, if he was on Tinder to meet people, he was on Tinder to meet people.

Would be interesting to know whom he met, and did he meet them in Málaga?

IMHO he would not go out on a date on his own if he was on vacation with his son.

Source for the statistics re using tinder to meet people? Not questioning it. Just curious because that i would guess the percentage of Americans using Tinder for non-romantic/sexual purposes at 1%. So I’m interested that it is used so much differently in other countries.

Wonder if family/friends have been able to access the tinder account.

Source for the statistics re using tinder to meet people? Not questioning it. Just curious because that i would guess the percentage of Americans using Tinder for non-romantic/sexual purposes at 1%. So I’m interested that it is used so much differently in other countries.

Wonder if family/friends have been able to access the tinder account.

Hook up has given Americans an awful reputation. IMHO better not to repeat it or project it on others.

Estepona and malaga are quite far apart (well, in british terms at least), a good hour drive at least.

My brother and sister in law live in estepona, they haven't heard about these guys missing.

I've spent a lot of time in marbella and estepona, for me it's a relaxed happy place. Lot of big drugs and money men on the go though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back