Found Deceased IL - Brooke Naylor, 19, car found abandoned, Harrisburg, Saline County, 3 Mar 2019

I used to think I’d never do something like that, until I got my first dog. She got away from me outside and I swear, I lost my mind. I was screaming like a banshee out in my yard in the freezing cold. Crying, snot running, insane. My neighbor got me calmed down and indoors, thankfully. I again stayed outside in icy weather convinced my neighbor’s cat was outside and just needed to be found. My husband and I found him dead when we’d gotten home late that night. My mind refused to believe it was him. I’d gotten so cold, but I knew just a few more mins & I’d see him come running home. My husband had to practically pick me up and force me inside. I’m an educated intelligent person. Yet, I completely lose all common sense when it comes to pets. I would definitely have ran after my dog underdressed. Idk if that’s what Brooke did, but I can attest that I could see myself losing my common sense in a similar situation. She may have realized it, but it was too long outside and just far enough from her car to not make it back. Maybe we’ll never know. Bless her....I hope she was able to see her puppy there with her at the end. I feel so bad for her friends and family.
All JMO.
I agree- its highly likely she would have chased after the puppy with no regard to her personal safety. We got our dogs a few years ago. I let them out one night and almost instantly three coyotes came out of the tree line and one of them grabbed the puppy. I ran out in my bare feet in the freezing cold, in a t-shirt and chased that *advertiser censored* down and got the puppy back. Pretty stupid to take on three coyotes in the freezing cold with no shoes but I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't.

I see it's been a while since anyone has posted anything, but when I heard about the puppy, I instantly thought of a case I heard about on Dateline. A woman from the US moved to South America, living in an ex-pat community. She bought a house that was on a tiny island, so she owned the whole island. She suddenly disappeared, and her dog kept swimming back to the mainland to this one property, over and over. They (friends and her husband, from whom she was separated but on good terms) kept returning the dog to the island, even after someone else was living in her house. Turns out, many months later, they found her body in just the spot that her dog kept going. He repeatedly swam and traveled to her - long after she had died.

While it does seem plausible that she ran after the puppy, I do believe the puppy could have followed and stayed with her...they are so loving and loyal...

My belief is that the toxicology results will tell the full story and all of the blaming will be put to rest. You have to go deep down several rabbit holes but she's from a small town...people talk...she had experienced issues with drug abuse in the past.

And talking they are. I agree with you on the toxicology report.

Is it factually accurate that her belongings ( not specified that it was her clothing) were scattered between where her car was found abandoned and where she was found? If that is true, then she must have been running from the car. If she was chasing her puppy who had gotten away, why would she be dropping possessions as she chased, other than perhaps a purse and why would she pick up her purse when leaving her car to chase a puppy?
I am leaning toward her having taken something at the WalMart argument and becoming more disoriented and agitated or paranoid as she drove further, ending with leaving the car with her puppy following.

Is it factually accurate that her belongings ( not specified that it was her clothing) were scattered between where her car was found abandoned and where she was found? If that is true, then she must have been running from the car. If she was chasing her puppy who had gotten away, why would she be dropping possessions as she chased, other than perhaps a purse and why would she pick up her purse when leaving her car to chase a puppy?
I am leaning toward her having taken something at the WalMart argument and becoming more disoriented and agitated or paranoid as she drove further, ending with leaving the car with her puppy following.
I don't think that it was ever specified what belongings they were. I think it makes perfect sense that it could be her clothing, which she removed (possibly) haphazardly as she experienced the "heat" of hypothermia.

Toxicology results are in

Toxicology information released in death of Brooke Naylor

Gallatin County Coroner Tony Cox says Brooke tested positive for methamphetamine.

Cox says they are not releasing the amount or level found.

He says cause of death is still hypothermia, but that the methamphetamine is another significant factor in her death.

Toxicology results are in

Toxicology information released in death of Brooke Naylor

Gallatin County Coroner Tony Cox says Brooke tested positive for methamphetamine.

Cox says they are not releasing the amount or level found.

He says cause of death is still hypothermia, but that the methamphetamine is another significant factor in her death.

I’m not shocked. It never specified that her clothes were found, just “belongings”... but if meth was a factor, she could have been experiencing rapid temperature change from overstimulation of the excitory system.

I’m not shocked. It never specified that her clothes were found, just “belongings”... but if meth was a factor, she could have been experiencing rapid temperature change from overstimulation of the excitory system.
Or paradoxical undressing?? It does not state if the meth was at a level of concern, just that it was there. May have not played a part in her death at all? Although, it prob had at least something to do with it...imo.
Found this interesting for info on meth:

How Long Does Meth Stay in Your System?

Or paradoxical undressing?? It does not state if the meth was at a level of concern, just that it was there. May have not played a part in her death at all? Although, it prob had at least something to do with it...imo.
Found this interesting for info on meth:

How Long Does Meth Stay in Your System?

I took “significant factor” to mean it would have been a significant amount. Never know though. Tragic regardless.

Hi, I was one of Brooke’s friends when she was alive. We were very close. She used my phone the night she went missing, and we had a cute little conversation before she left work that night. We worked every day together and hung out every break between shifts and mostly all nights after work. I created this account because I want someone to hear me out, please. To this day I will never believe she died only of natural causes. There has to be foul play. I have known this girl for a long long time, I worked with her as a waitress. I know a lot of you have probably heard meth was found in her system, that was true. She recently before she went missing started using, something she’s never done before. And before you judge or think she was out of her mind and that’s why she went missing, wrong. Brooke was still the best server and knew what she was doing even while she was high (I’m not encouraging this behavior) and would still hold normal conversations with me. She knew what was going on. I was the last person before her boyfriend to see her that night. She loved her dog, I was there when she got her pup. She would’ve never done anything to put her in harms way. Brooke had driven to Ridgway police station that night before she went missing, and they LET HER GO knowing she was high. She drove on the way back home. The road she was found on also homes one of the ridgeway policemen, whom had been trying to hit Brooke up and hit on her before all of this happened. Her car was calmly pulled into a field, as if she was pulled over... her window was down.... we searched for DAYS with DOGS and HELICOPTERS in the area where her body was found and found NOTHING for days. I even drove up and down the road she was found on the day before her body was found and NOTHING WAS ON THE ROAD. She couldn’t have been there the whole time or someone would’ve found something, or the search dogs would’ve smelled her pup with her. Her belongings were found scattered throughout the field and if there’s one thing I know about Brooke, SHE WOULD NEVER EVER EVER GO WITHOUT HER TOMMY HILFINGER BACKPACK AND HER LANYARD WITH HER KEYS. Literally never. She was too smart, if she could’ve gotten out she would’ve. This girl, even while high, joked with me and laughed with me and she was still aware of what was going on. Another funny thing, her vehicle and belongs were found on Gallatin county territory, but NONE of the gallatin county police were involved. They apparently didn’t even have a police report from the night she went missing and drove to the police department. They’re trying to close this case and THERE IS NO JUSTICE. Also her boyfriend is innocent in her death, I personally knew him and he is not emotionally capable of hurting Brooke. He loved her more than his own good. I know the stories portray her out to be someone she’s not, but I promise you if you knew Brooke you’d feel exactly how I do. She is too smart to go down like this!!! You’re telling me she was out there dead for DAYS while search parties went 24/7 and then the PUBLIC was brought for a search party, and nothing was found until the public found her body?? AND THE COP FROM THE STATION LIVES ON THAT ROAD. her body was in plain site for days with a live active dog and no one found her?? THIS IS A COVER UP OF RIDGEWAY POLICE DEPARTMENT. Coroners cannot even tell the family when she actually died. Oh, and the ONLY day the temperature dropped below 32 degrees was the night she disappeared (Sunday), the rest of the week up until she was found it was 40-50 degrees out! Even her family does not feel content with this. JUSTICE FOR BROOKE, THIS WAS NOT NATURAL REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY SAY. I personally believe on her way back from the station, one of the off duty cops flagged her down, she pulled over rolled down her window was asked to step out and she was probably scared and started running. I then think she was either taken to somewhere else, held, then probably passed out (she was very small at this time and didn’t have much in her system) or was knocked out and thought to have died so they left her for dead in the cold after they dumped her unconscious body. OR she felt threatened when asked to leave the vehicle, ran, was chased and knocked out, and was too high to wake up and instead was left to die in the cold. OR the perpetrator knocked her out and panicked so he got Rid of the body and she died in the cold. Either way this girl would’ve NEVER put her life or her dogs life in danger willingly EVER she was in a good place, new puppy, new HOUSE she bought by herself, new CAR, and she was happy. PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR THOUGHTS THIS IS NOT NORMAL FOR BROOKIE.
Hi everyone, I have been following this case at a distance and I just wanted to share my thoughts because this case hits close to home for me.

I grew up with a girl, honors student, great girl, who ended up falling into drugs around 18-19. One night, she took LSD in her home, and ran out into the woods “improperly dressed for the weather”, as described by family and witnesses.

She ended up getting lost in the woods in her pajamas and bare feet, and they found her several days later and determined she passed from exposure and hypothermia.

I saw similarities to this in Karlie Guses case, and now Brooke.

Is it possible she met her boyfriend at walmart to by drugs? That would explain her not being dressed to get out of the car, and walmart is a neutral meeting spot for drug exchanges. Maybe she took something on the way home and things just went really really wrong? Or perhaps smoked a laced substance?

All my opinion and speculation of course, just wanted to share my experience w

I don't think that it was ever specified what belongings they were. I think it makes perfect sense that it could be her clothing, which she removed (possibly) haphazardly as she experienced the "heat" of hypothermia.
Her belongings were her purse and her keys which SHE NEVER WENT WITHOUT. She’d NEVER leave them anywhere to get lost. She had pink pepper spray on her keys in case anything happened. And her tommy hilflinger backpack was like her most prized possession, she never let it leave her sight.

Also, An update on Brooke's older dog that ran away.

It seems the dog was found but it says "sadly" which just makes me want to cry. :(

WRUL 97.3 FM

"Sadly, Maya was found near the dam of Colony West lake this afternoon"
Her childhood dog who never got outside and they were VERY CLOSE, sadly the dog got out and wandered to the pond and died, the day after Brooke’s death was announced.

She was last seen on Sunday night! She left work around 10 PM (I was with her at work), went home to her boyfriend, they both went to Walmart. She was last seen on the Walmart security cameras around 11PM-11:30PM
Thank you! That seems odd to leave out...hmm. You’d think if something nefarious happened to her, a person would be far less likely to do so in the light of day when anyone could see it. Then again, that happens all the time, I know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back