Emmy award winning actress Georgia Engel has passed away aged 70

gregjrichards

Reaction score
DA3D7B6A-F08B-48E3-A15E-EFC87A5BD181.jpeg

The Mary Tyler Moore Show's Georgia Engel died at 70 on Friday in Princeton, New Jersey.

The cause of death for the actress, best known for her role as Georgette Baxter on the hit 70s comedy series, has yet to be known, her executor John Quilty told The New York Times. Quilty said that Engel, a Christian Scientist, did not seek medical help for what was ailing her.

Engel was a five-time nominee for a Primetime Emmy award, twice for playing Baxter, the girlfriend of Ted Baxter (Ted Knight); and three times for her role as Pat MacDougall on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Georgia Engel - who played Georgette Baxter on The Mary Tyler Moore Show - dead at 70 | Daily Mail Online

This is very sad news indeed I thought Ms. Engel was a great actress and very good at comedy. May Ms. Georgia Engel Rest In Peace.

View attachment 179747

The Mary Tyler Moore Show's Georgia Engel died at 70 on Friday in Princeton, New Jersey.

The cause of death for the actress, best known for her role as Georgette Baxter on the hit 70s comedy series, has yet to be known, her executor John Quilty told The New York Times. Quilty said that Engel, a Christian Scientist, did not seek medical help for what was ailing her.

Engel was a five-time nominee for a Primetime Emmy award, twice for playing Baxter, the girlfriend of Ted Baxter (Ted Knight); and three times for her role as Pat MacDougall on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Georgia Engel - who played Georgette Baxter on The Mary Tyler Moore Show - dead at 70 | Daily Mail Online

This is very sad news indeed I thought Ms. Engel was a great actress and very good at comedy. May Ms. Georgia Engel Rest In Peace.
How sad! I didn't recognize her name, but knew her instantly when I clicked on your link. I always liked her a great deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back