Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
(BBM)

This is what I’ve been wondering about.....if they bribed their kids’ way into college, was this the first time? If so, I would find it doubtful. Have they been assisting their kids all along through their high school years, doing whatever it takes to get their daughters better grades? I would not be surprised since status is so important to these two.

If they were “assisting” their daughters to get improved grades through coersion or bribery, I think they would have not had such bad grades as the high school counselor described.

I belive we will find out all about what grades her daughters received, and their attendance records. I think this kind of information will make the Gianulli’s look very guilty, as they will be exposed as not paying attention to acaemic attendance or performance, yet demanding they get into USC.

I think it’s a terrible thing to do this to your children.

And now what do the daughters do? As I understand, USC hasn’t expelled them but also has not given them educational credits. Are they just going to sit around on their hands for months to a year? Are they going to apply to ASU? Are they going to work further on their crewing skills? Are they going to volunteer to help the underprivileged attend college? Are they going to work at fast-food restaurants or in shops to make some money for college.... ooops. I forgot. They have all the money in the world

Last edited:
Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in her first response to the college admissions scam - CNN

The criminal complaint against Giannulli and Loughlin includes evidence from a cooperating witness, emails, bank records and a recorded phone call with each parent. Giannulli even sent Rick Singer, the mastermind of the scheme, an "action picture" of each of his daughters on ergometers, the rowing machines, according to the criminal complaint.

___

Loughlin and Giannulli's decision to plead not guilty is a calculated gamble, as it carries the risk of significantly more time in prison if they are found guilty.

Actress Lori Loughlin and husband plead not guilty in college admissions scandal

So Huffman is facing about 87% of four months in federal prison if the prosecution deal is accepted by the judge. And she's going to pay a 20k fine.

I feel she should pay vastly more than that. They should pay something like the tuition for four years for an under privileged student.

(BBM)

This is what I’ve been wondering about.....if they bribed their kids’ way into college, was this the first time? If so, I would find it doubtful. Have they been assisting their kids all along through their high school years, doing whatever it takes to get their daughters better grades? I would not be surprised since status is so important to these two.

Yup. I'm thinking they've cheated their mediocre kids' way through school.

I have read different fiction books over the years about well to do people such as the Totlandia books by Josie Brown.

I imagine some private schools have to accept a lot of unfortunate situations because the parents are wealthy and the school needs their bequests and other funding the rich provide.

Dealing with entitled children would be a nightmare. Can you imagine trying to give an earned bad grade to a super rich kid?

Your job would be on the line. Nightmare.

I am not impressed with private school grads. I have been suspicious for a long time.

My kids went to a wealthy public school and the things the parents did were sickening. A principal is not going to take the time and money to go to court to deal with certain parents. $$$$$$

My guess is the parents didn't care about high school grades. There was the video going around at the start of the case of Lori saying she didn't push her kids for high grades. I can totally envision her not caring about high school studies....because she knew a back door to admissions would be available to her to get her kids in.

jmo

It really shows the type of parents they are and what they value.

Even if your kid isn't going to be an academic or go to college (and let me tell you, plenty of my clients who never went to college do very, very well economically), encouraging them to work hard in school, take it seriously and do the very best they can, prepares them for life as an adult.

It's crucial.

Last edited:
It really shows the type of parents they are and what they value.

Even if your kid isn't going to be an academic or go to college (and let me tell you, plenty of my clients who never went to college do very, very well economically), encouraging them to work hard in school, take it seriously and do the very best they can, prepared them for life as an adult.

It's crucial.
I agree! I recall my parents telling me that even in a subject isn't something you think you'll ever need in the future, the habits and skills you learn while studying WILL be useful in the future (and now).

I guess it's called integrity. It all comes down to character.

jmo

If they were “assisting” their daughters to get improved grades through coersion or bribery, I think they would have not had such bad grades as the high school counselor described.

I belive we will find out all about what grades her daughters received, and their attendance records. I think this kind of information will make the Gianulli’s look very guilty, as they will be exposed as not paying attention to acaemic attendance or performance, yet demanding they get into USC.

I think it’s a terrible thing to do this to your children.

And now what do the daughters do? As I understand, USC hasn’t expelled them but also has not given them educational credits. Are they just going to sit around on their hands for months to a year? Are they going to apply to ASU? Are they going to work further on their crewing skills? Are they going to volunteer to help the underprivileged attend college? Are they going to work at fast-food restaurants or in shops to make some money for college.... ooops. I forgot. They have all the money in the world

Yeah. College was just a lark for them. They'll inherit their wealth, marry rich and get contracts and as money as "influencers" simply because they're beautiful and rich.

People in this country go crazy for that!

I have read different fiction books over the years about well to do people such as the Totlandia books by Josie Brown.

I imagine some private schools have to accept a lot of unfortunate situations because the parents are wealthy and the school needs their bequests and other funding the rich provide.

Dealing with entitled children would be a nightmare. Can you imagine trying to give an earned bad grade to a super rich kid?

Your job would be on the line. Nightmare.

I am not impressed with private school grads. I have been suspicious for a long time.

My kids went to a wealthy public school and the things the parents did were sickening. A principal is not going to take the time and money to go to court to deal with certain parents. $$$$$$

My brother is a private school teacher. 6th through 8thgrade. A couple girls in the 8th grade class are so horrible they made the music teacher cry recently. They then recorded him crying and posted it online for all to see.

They had been behavior problems for a looong time prior. Totally uncontrollable. And didn't get expelled.

I couldn't believe it.

They finally just got expelled after getting caught cheating. And their parents raised hell - yelling and screaming and carrying on.

I agree! I recall my parents telling me that even in a subject isn't something you think you'll ever need in the future, the habits and skills you learn while studying WILL be useful in the future (and now).

I guess it's called integrity. It all comes down to character.

jmo

Yes. Absolutely. Being educated at least with a high school diploma is important. The more a person knows the more they can understand things like the political process, contracts (so they don't get scammed), nutrition, etc.

The students that posed for fake sports pictures should be punished, held accountable. I don't care if they are 18 or not. If they are applying for college....using such poses....they are cognizant of applying under false pretense, unless they can show that taking photos as a coxswain and sending them on an application is something they do often!

What's next? Under the usual process, preliminary hearings will be scheduled in federal court in Boston to discuss discovery and pretrial motions.

"A trial is still a very long way off, and there is still the possibility that Loughlin and her husband will plead (guilty) prior to hearings."

Lori Loughlin, husband Mossimo Giannulli plead not guilty in college admissions scam

Roll the dice, and let it play out with continuances....then, quietly plead it out.

I wonder if Huffman's husband had anything to do with her just taking the plea, and getting her name out of news?

So they are having furniture removed? So we should feel bad for them? Lordy what next. It would be a huge hit to downsize to say a 10 million dollar home wouldn't it. Gosh and their daughters wont graduate from a prestigious Uni. Life has ended as they know it. One would hope their real concerns are for the Legal issues. I doubt that has truly sunk in just yet. IMO

Last edited:
Roll the dice, and let it play out with continuances....then, quietly plead it out.

I wonder if Huffman's husband had anything to do with her just taking the plea, and getting her name out of news?
I don’t know, but I’ve always thought William H. Macy had more sense and scruples than general Hollywood. Of course I have no way to verify that.... At least his wife plead guilty and admitting her wrong doing, maybe he had something to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong