Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when the witnesses came forward with these possible sightings?
Did LE dismiss these initially, but with little else to go on, have released this info?
I can't remember who said her phone was switched off and at what time. All sounds a bit odd.

A second phone .. I really can’t see it. She was a young adult, it’s unlikely she would need another phone to hide a possible relationship from someone/her family when passcode protection & privacy features are usually more than enough for most adults to conduct affairs or keep things hidden.

A second phone .. I really can’t see it. She was a young adult, it’s unlikely she would need another phone to hide a possible relationship from someone/her family when passcode protection & privacy features are usually more than enough for most adults to conduct affairs or keep things hidden.

Ahhh, but if your phone is on a family-plan, others have access to your text and call logs. Unless Leah had her own plan, but then no reason to turn the phone off. So, the mystery of this young woman seen on a phone. Was it Leah? And does LE have more CCTV of this mysterious woman?

Exactly. If your phone is on a family plan, parents can review your call history.

I’m not necessarily buying that she had a second phone. Just allowing for the possibility if these sightings were actually of Leah. We know she was not talking on “her phone” - the phone her parents knew about - after 8:00/8:30 am because it was turned off.

At Leah’s age i’d really hope my parent’s weren’t reading my messages/monitoring calls through a family plan .. seems very odd, you’d think they would respect her right to privacy? Just a thought. Is it possible the ‘turning off info’ is not wholly accurate ? Turned off, back on then lost signal before being turned back off ? Turned off but back on briefly and this part isn’t reported ?

At Leah’s age i’d really hope my parent’s weren’t reading my messages/monitoring calls through a family plan .. seems very odd, you’d think they would respect her right to privacy? Just a thought. Is it possible the ‘turning off info’ is not wholly accurate ? Turned off, back on then lost signal before being turned back off ? Turned off but back on briefly and this part isn’t reported ?

Not that her family would even do so. And would Leah even know/care about tracking/viewing her data? Or would someone else warn her about the possibilities? IMO all possible, at most, improbable?

eta punctuation :)

Last edited:
Imo I don't feel Leah had another phone as phones these days as so secure with pass codes etc if she wanted to hide messages from people that can be easily done... I'm also surprised if it was Leah being upset and angry that not one of her friends knew about who she was talking to, unless it was one of her friends,,, maybe she was gay and didn't want her parents to find out ?
An older woman perhaps

I’d hope so too. But it would explain why she might have a second device. Good point about the turning off not being entirely accurate. It’s interesting this information is just now being released. Maybe the case will get more traction in the media.

I have been reading this thread yesterday while not logged in so just logged in now to post.

How do the police track mobiles? Do they use the phone number or IMEI?

I am wondering if Leah did have a second phone, whether it was a previous one issued prior to an upgrade, or if it was given to her by the person she was speaking to (and was a prior one of his). I wonder if prior IMEIs are available from the phone company?

If it were given to her by bf, he’d have every reason to still have it knocking around even if he had reclaimed it from her at some point. Phone records could even show his old phone ringing his new one or vice versa. This is all guesswork on my behalf.

I have been reading this thread yesterday while not logged in so just logged in now to post.

How do the police track mobiles? Do they use the phone number or IMEI?

I am wondering if Leah did have a second phone, whether it was a previous one issued prior to an upgrade, or if it was given to her by the person she was speaking to (and was a prior one of his). I wonder if prior IMEIs are available from the phone company?

If it were given to her by bf, he’d have every reason to still have it knocking around even if he had reclaimed it from her at some point. Phone records could even show his old phone ringing his new one or vice versa. This is all guesswork on my behalf.

The police can track a phone by either number or imei. However, they can only ask mobile providers for records on specific phones where they know the user was a victim, suspect or witness. If Leah had a second phone and the police don't know the details of it, nothing can be done.

The police can't ask for records from a particular mast; it could be hundreds of numbers and goes against data protection.

Leah may have switched off her own phone at 8.15 to reboot it or to avoid someone's calls. She switched it on again near the lake

I am confused. Is it now established from phone records that the sightings disclosed yesterday were likely to be Leah?

ITV News Anglia‏Verified account @itvanglia

Leah Croucher, who has been missing since February, may have been seen crying near Furzton Lake, it has been revealed. More here
2b07.png
2b07.png
https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2019-04-16/missing-teen-leah-croucher-may-have-been-seen-crying-on-day-of-disappearance/ …

D4QXbugW0AE3i-F.jpg

ITV News Anglia on Twitter

Missing teen Leah Croucher may have been seen crying on day of disappearance

A missing teenager from Milton Keynes may have been seen "angry, upset and crying" by a lake on the day she disappeared, police have said.

Nineteen-year-old Leah Croucher disappeared two months ago on her walk to work.

She was last seen on Buzzacott Lane in Furzton, just after 8.15am on Friday, February 15.

Now, Thames Valley Police have revealed that three new witnesses have reported seeing a woman matching Leah's description between 9.30am and 11.15am on the same day.

The witnesses were walking by Furzton Lake, close to where Miss Croucher was last seen.

Two of the witnesses were walking together and described a young woman who was "visibly angry, upset and crying".

They said she was white, aged approximately 20, around 5ft 4ins tall, with dark brown, shoulder length hair.

The witnesses saw her again 20 minutes later, when they said she appeared to be in a calmer state and may have been speaking to someone on a mobile phone, they said.

A third witness described a woman walking around the lake while typing on her phone.

Police have not been able to confirm the sightings were of Miss Croucher, but have urged anyone else with information to come forward.

Missing teen Leah Croucher may have been seen crying on day of disappearance

Leah Croucher search: Teenager 'seen 'crying by lake'

A teenager who has been missing for two months may have been "angry, upset and crying" on the day she was last seen.

Thames Valley Police said three people had reported possible sightings of Ms Croucher near Furzton Lake between 09:30 and 11:15 on that day.

All three said they believe they saw the woman on her phone.
The first witness reported seeing a woman typing on her mobile by the lake between 09:30 and 10:00.

Two other witnesses, who were walking together, described seeing a female who was visibly angry, upset and crying between 10:00 and 10:15.

About 20 minutes later they saw the female again and said she was in a calmer state and possibly speaking to someone on her mobile phone.

Ch Insp Neil Kentish said: "We are very eager to establish the identity of the person who was described to us by the three witnesses.

"Even if this person was not Leah, we would still like to speak to them so that we can eliminate the sightings from our inquiries."

Missing teenager 'seen crying by lake'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member