GUILTY UK - Steven Donaldson, 27, murdered, Loch of Kinnordy, Scotland, 6/7 June 2018

In his police statement, Davidson said he and Dickie had picked up beer from Dickie’s home when they returned to Kirriemuir.

“We must have got back here about 10 o’clock,” the statement said.

“Tasmin dropped us at Steven’s and then left.

“She didn’t say where she was going. There was no mention of her meeting anybody.

“I have no idea where she went after dropping us off, I have not seen her since,” Davidson told police.

Murder accused told police he was watching Family Guy and drinking beer at home on night Steven Donaldson died - The Courier

Couldn't find any reporting from yesterday.

Glass told police she and Mr Donaldson had split up in April last year, and despite requests from him to get back together she had then started seeing co-accused Dickie.

She told police she and Mr Donaldson had a text row on June 5, adding in her statement: “It was like he was trying to belittle me.”

On June 6, she pretended to him that she was still in Glasgow, where she had a flat, but then sent him a text at 10.25pm saying: “Meet you Hill”, relating to Kirrie Hill.

In her statement she said she received a brief call from Mr Donaldson at 10.45pm saying he was on his way.

Her statement continued: “I had Steven’s belongings in the car in a bag and was going to give them to him if things didn’t work out.”

Glass added: “When I got there he wasn’t there. I just went home. I thought Steven was playing games with me.”

Accused Tasmin Glass says former boyfriend Steven Donaldson failed to appear after arranging to meet in late-night texts - The Courier

The court heard that Tasmin told officers that she spent part of her week living in Glasgow as she was performing in a band.

She said that her ex partner worked offshore and made quite a lot of cash.

She said: "He earned quite a bit but he also spent quite a bit as well. He liked the high life. His car alone was £700 a month.

"Steven told me his financial outgoings were around £2,000 per month. Steven was also very greedy. He just needed more more money.

"Whenever we stayed in a hotel, it would have to be a suite - a normal room wasn't good enough."

Man accused of Steven Donaldson murder was possessive and jealous, court hears

I find the inclusion of this in her statement so weird. I really hope this girl gets as harsh a sentence as the other two because it sounds like she was the driving force behind the whole thing.

The court heard earlier Dickie had agreed with a police question that the incident was a trap which had gone “wrong”, during the course of his interview.

When asked by police what he was scared of, Dickie replied: “Just everything. I don’t want to go to jail.”

He was charged with the murder of Mr Donaldson just before 5.30am and responded: “I understand the charge.

“I did not murder him, I did not hit him.”

Murder accused agreed with police that incident was 'a trap which had gone wrong' - Evening Telegraph

On the 14th day of evidence, analyst co-ordinator Diane Campbell also agreed that a possible explanation for phone and service provider data on Dickie’s phone not matching up could be that call and text records had been manually deleted on the device.

Miss Campbell told the court that health app data had been examined from three mobile phones, those of accused Dickie and Glass and another belonging to Claire Ogston, the girlfriend of third accused Davidson.

Dickie’s phone showed data peaks in the period from around 11pm to 11.10pm, when 416 metres was covered in nine minutes.

Between 15 minutes past midnight and a quarter to one on June 7, the accused’s phone then recorded a distance of 3.9km in 47 minutes.

Steven Donaldson: Murder accused's phone travelled nearly 4km in early hours before body find - The Courier

So ... Dickie is saying that he and Callum walked to the hill where Tasmin Glass was meeting Steven Donaldson, when they get there, Callum dived into Steven Donaldsons drivers window - Tasmin sped off in her car and Donaldsons car sped off too (driven by Steven Donaldson or Callum, we don't know) leaving Dickie still at the Hill on his own ... so he walks back to Callums (and Claire's?) and took no part whatsoever in attacking Steven Donaldson ... Hmmmmm

Accused Dickie saw teen lover Glass speed off as Davidson 'dived' through Steven Donaldson’s BMW, murder trial hears - Evening Telegraph

Doesn't add up with this evidence given by Claire Ogston (mother of Callums child) though ...

'It is alleged Dickie then took a bent kitchen knife from a coat pocket shortly before Davidson went back to the Peter Pan park to look for pieces of the broken bat.

Dickie and Davidson arrived back at Davidson’s house around 1am on June 7, where Davidson’s partner described the men as “worried” and “jumpy”. Dickie, Davidson and Glass all deny murdering Mr Donaldson on June 7 last year.

Giving evidence on the fifth day of the Kirriemuir murder trial, Claire Ogston said she thought Davidson and Dickie had “maybe beaten up” Mr Donaldson after telling the court Glass had asked her then-boyfriend Dickie to “deal with” a situation earlier that evening. It followed an angry phone call from Mr Donaldson concerning money Glass was due him.'

Murder accused 'confessed he had broken baseball bat by striking Steven Donaldson', trial hears - Evening Telegraph

So ... Dickie is saying that he and Callum walked to the hill where Tasmin Glass was meeting Steven Donaldson, when they get there, Callum dived into Steven Donaldsons drivers window - Tasmin sped off in her car and Donaldsons car sped off too (driven by Steven Donaldson or Callum, we don't know) leaving Dickie still at the Hill on his own ... so he walks back to Callums (and Claire's?) and took no part whatsoever in attacking Steven Donaldson ... Hmmmmm

Accused Dickie saw teen lover Glass speed off as Davidson 'dived' through Steven Donaldson’s BMW, murder trial hears - Evening Telegraph

From that link, to explain away his phone movements:

“We received a phone call from Tasmin saying to hurry up. I answered the phone and put Callum on but by that point we were only metres away, you could hear the shouting,” he said.

Dickie said he did not get his phone back until around 1am the following morning.

From that link, to explain away his phone movements:

“We received a phone call from Tasmin saying to hurry up. I answered the phone and put Callum on but by that point we were only metres away, you could hear the shouting,” he said.

Dickie said he did not get his phone back until around 1am the following morning.

Yup ... I mean, is it 'possible' that Dickie is telling the truth and they all sped off leaving him to walk home with clean hands and a clear conscience? Maaaaybe but, I think not!

Tasmin is Dickies 'girlfriend' yet he's not in anyway involved in sorting out her ex?! Along with his BFF ... possible, maybe - believable? Nah

I’m concerned that neither so far have really placed Tasmin at the scene at the time of the murder. Yet she seems the instigator and catalyst of it all.

Could she still end up with a murder charge or?

I’m concerned that neither so far have really placed Tasmin at the scene at the time of the murder. Yet she seems the instigator and catalyst of it all.

Could she still end up with a murder charge or?

I guess we've only heard snippets of evidence but, they have included Tasmin apparently asking Dickie/Davidson to 'help her out' with Donaldson and her driving them nearby to the meeting place and calling them and saying 'he's here, hurry up' ... if you hire a hitman to kill your ex, you're going down too I reckon!

I guess we've only heard snippets of evidence but, they have included Tasmin apparently asking Dickie/Davidson to 'help her out' with Donaldson and her driving them nearby to the meeting place and calling them and saying 'he's here, hurry up' ... if you hire a hitman to kill your ex, you're going down too I reckon!

Thank you. I hope you are right because it certainly should be the case.

Thought it was interesting that we finally got media pics of the accused. They’ve clearly had them for a while so wonder why it took them so long.

I'm worried she might get off.

I sat on a murder trial once with two accused. It was clear that they were both involved from witness statements and the injuries clearly being from two assailants but one of them didn't leave any actual DNA evidence. They had both been charged with a lot of different offences but once both sides had rested their cases, they dropped all the charges except for the murder one and told the accused that hadn't left any DNA that all charges against him were dropped and he was free to leave. I think he had only been there to explain how the one who did go down ended up in the situation he did.

I worry the same thing might happen with her.

“Did you not make certain admissions that Callum (Davidson) had punched the boy and you had pulled him out of the way and stabbed him 26 times?

“Did you also say you’d offered Mr Davidson £10,000 to take the blame and were you boasting to a certain extent about killing the boy?” asked Mr Crowe.

“Absolutely not,” replied Dickie.

In cross-examination, Mark Stewart QC, counsel for Glass, suggested to Dickie: “You have spent the entire time since June 2018 telling a parcel of lies, and not just one parcel of lies, you have told a succession of parcels of lies.

Mr Stewart asked: “Can you think of anybody right now who might be being thought of as a determined and accomplished liar?”

Dickie replied: “You might be thinking that of me.”

Mr Stewart told him: “You are prepared to say anything at all about anyone at all in an attempt to get yourself out from what you were involved in with Mr Donaldson on the sixth of June last year.”

“No, I didn’t do it,” Dickie replied.

He was also questioned by Crown prosecutor, advocate depute Ashley Edwards QC, who said jurors had heard Dickie described as a “, a bully and an accomplished liar.”

She suggested he and Davidson were “a team, working together to make people feel threatened, under threat”.

She added: “You were not bothered who saw you carrying out that kind of behaviour.”

Dickie said: “I’m not going to take hassle from somebody and not give them it back.”

Turning to the night of June 6, the advocate depute put it to Dickie that there had been a conversation and a phone call with Glass, with whom he was having a sexual relationship, about Mr Donaldson and that “you and Callum Davidson were to be a team again that night.”

“She said to you ‘can you sort the situation’ and you agreed?”

“No,” Dickie responded.

Steven Donaldson murder accused denies prison cell boast of killing 'the boy' and £10k offer to best pal to take rap - The Courier

An Angus murder accused has denied cutting the throat of a man he is accused of killing after getting into the back of his car at a Kirriemuir children’s playpark.

Dickie earlier told the court he went to Kirrie Hill with best pal and co-accused Callum Davidson after a plan to give Mr Donaldson a “roughing up” had been discussed with the third accused in the murder case, 20-year-old Tasmin Glass.

He has also told the jury the last he saw of the white BMW was when it left the car park, with Davidson’s legs hanging out the driver’s window.

Murder co-accused denies cutting Steven Donaldson's throat - The Courier

An accused in the Steven Donaldson murder trial has told of the “crazed” look in his best friend’s eyes after seeing him launch a frenzied attack on his girlfriend’s ex in the car park of Kirriemuir’s Peter Pan playpark.

Callum Davidson admitted punching Mr Donaldson but told High Court jurors he was pushed aside by a “roaring” Steven Dickie on the night of June 6 last year after they went to Kirrie Hill, where Mr Donaldson was in a row with their co-accused Tasmin Glass.

She drove away from the scene before Dickie launched the attack through the window of the car, pulling away with blood on his hands and a knife in one of them, Davidson claimed.

Davidson told the Edinburgh High Court trial there was a “rammy” between the two men after he called Dickie a “*advertiser censored****g idiot”, with his co-accused going “off the heid”.

Farm worker Davidson said he and Dickie had gone to the Hill after Glass had been receiving texts and calls from her former partner, something which had made Dickie “half-crabbit”.

Glass and Donaldson were parked there, but he said Dickie was “hanging off” so he went forward first and “assaulted the lad”.

In answer to questions from his legal counsel, advocate Jonathan Crowe, Davidson told the trial’s 16th day: “Steven started to shout move, move, move and by that time Tasmin was gone.”

Dickie was “roaring” in the background before he then leant through the window and started striking Mr Donaldson,” he added.

“I started shouting let’s get a move on, but he wasn’t for stopping like.”

“He then stopped, pulled himself out and I saw the blood on his hands. It was the blood from the boy in the car. I seen the knife in his left hand.”

Davidson added: “It’s something giving somebody a slap, but that was a whole different ball game.”

Mr Crowe asked: “How was he behaving?”

Davidson replied: “Crazed.

“It was Steven standing in front of me but it wasn’t Steven looking at me. He looked right through me, he didn’t care I was there and he didn’t care what he had done.”

Asked how he felt, Davidson replied: “I’m not going to lie, I was very close to having a meltdown myself.

“I was angry with Steven, I was sad at what had happened, all sorts were going through my heid.”

Davidson said the situation made him feel “very small”.

“We’re meant to be best friends,” he added.
Davidson said Mr Donaldson was slumped in the driver’s seat and he thought he may be dead.

“He (Dickie) told me to get in the car.

“He advised me that would be in the best interests of Claire (Ogston, Davidson’s girlfriend) and my unborn child.”

Davidson said he was then told to drive by Dickie and they eventually came to the car park at Kinnordy Loch nature reserve.

During the journey, Mr Donaldson began to move in the back of the car and Davidson said he was “kind of relieved, but at the same time my head was in a rough state of affairs.”

“Steven (Dickie) kept shouting at him that he was bursting his heid every time he tried to get in contact with Tasmin.”

Asked what happened when they got to the car park, Davidson said: “I started to walk for the gate.

“I got about half way across and heard feet shuffling in the gravel and Steven (Dickie) shouting and I got a serious fright.

“I thought it was my turn and started to run, but it was Steven Donaldson trying to get away.”

Davidson continued to head away but said he could see Mr Donaldson lying outside on the road, being hit with a baseball bat by his co-accused.

“I heard the first hit, it was a dull thud and Steven was still shouting for me to get back.

“What got my attention was the different noise the bat made, it’s strange to say but that’s what I remember.”

Steven Donaldson was found dead near Loch of Kinnordy.
Davidson told his counsel he walked back along a path from the reserve towards Kirriemuir and turned round to see the “trees glowing orange”.

“I had a kind of freak out, I didn’t know what I was going to do.”

Dickie then caught up with him and he told the jurors: “Me and him went back to normal, we were best friends again.”

They walked back to Kirrie, but Davidson said Dickie then ordered him to go back out to the loch to search for the broken baseball bat.

He said he found splinters and the handle – which was “sticky” – but threw them away, telling Dickie he hadn’t been able to locate the weapon.

“I knew that if he knew I’d found it and didn’t take it back he’d go crazy.”

Davidson also admitted the two men and his girlfriend had concocted a story about their movements on that night, and had gone out for tea in the town on the evening of June 7, the day Mr Donaldson’s body was found.

“By that time Kirrie had already had us hung, drawn and quartered.”

“Rumours?” asked the advocate.

“Yes,” replied Davidson.

Steven Donaldson murder trial: Accused Callum Davidson tells court of best pal's 'crazed' look after car park attack - The Courier

Well ... seems like Glass loaded 'the gun' then sped off instead of sticking around to watch.

I find it impossible to believe that Tasmin wouldn't know exactly what Dickie & Davidson were capable of and in fact - likely to do to Donaldson.

For what it's worth too, I'm finding Callums evidence more believe by far than Dickies!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back