MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #3

And no one thought of Derek Wilson in Ferguson? Why would that be fair?

Interesting that you brought this case up, because Ferguson is a direct parallel to this situation. Yet, there are no parades, marches, or riots for Justine. No one is talking about "police brutality" or calling for major reform in police officer training.

No one will invite Justine's Mother to stand on a stage at a political event, with Mothers of people killed by police officers.

Interesting that you brought this case up, because Ferguson is a direct parallel to this situation. Yet, there are no parades, marches, or riots for Justine. No one is talking about "police brutality" or calling for major reform in police officer training.

No one will invite Justine's Mother to stand on a stage at a political event, with Mothers of people killed by police officers.

There were protests and many firings. It wasn't a racial issue so I wouldn't call Ferguson a parallel. Nevertheless, this is an enraging crime and I hope they throw the book at Noor. I am still upset his partner isn't also in jail.

A 911 Call, an Unarmed Woman and a Single Shot: The Mystery of a Police Shooting

In the above, anyone else find the fact they consider a woman screaming to be low priority an outrage? What if she was being murdered?

Delete duplicate post.

This clown must pay for his stupidity.
To shoot across in front of the driver would obstruct his vision and deafen him. How far across the driver did he lunge?

Officer Noor, who has since been fired by the Police Department, has never spoken with investigators about what happened or why he pulled the trigger. His silence is a rarity: Police officers involved in shootings, including the relatively few who are ultimately charged with crimes, almost always tell their account of what happened to their police departments.
A 911 Call, an Unarmed Woman and a Single Shot: The Mystery of a Police Shooting

“I can’t imagine what Justine was doing or would have done that would cause Officer Noor to go from zero to shoot in such a short period of time,” said Todd Schuman, who lives about a block from Ms. Ruszczyk’s home, and who is part of an activist group that pushed for charges against the now former officer.

What if Justine was the victim being attacked and she was running full pelt for help from the police, would have she been shot? Good grief!

The article said it was racially motivated, so if Justine was in a burka or black she wouldn’t have been shot?

Justine was unarmed, barefoot and trying to be a concerned citizen and she was shot.

Blessings to Justine’s mum, dad and fiancé.
I am so sorry.

Murderers have been convicted for a lot less than the evidence we’re hearing here imo.
Please give this lady justice, if it wasn’t for the actions of this man she would still be alive. He was completely unprovoked I don’t know how you can be startled by a woman in pyjamas when you’ve been called by a concerned citizen? Surely the first person you’d assume her to be is the person who called 911 in the first place. Being a police officer I’m sure he’s been greeted by the caller in the past. He knew he wasn’t under threat, that’s just the only kind of defence he could try and sway a jury with. Hope it doesn’t work. MOO

It is a tragedy, and makes the United States seem very dangerous and extremely violent to potential tourists. Even innocent people are shot in the streets by police.

I have no doubt that this trial is being followed very closely in Australia.

Exactly.
Maybe our cops seem less trigger happy because there’s less guns on our streets.
My brother was pulled over in America and he nearly peed is pants when the cop had his hand on his gun and yelled for him to stay in the car. It’s common for us to get out and talk to the cop.
Poor Justine, she did exactly what I would’ve done & certainly not expecting to be shot by the cop I called to help.

Exactly.
Maybe our cops seem less trigger happy because there’s less guns on our streets.
My brother was pulled over in America and he nearly peed is pants when the cop had his hand on his gun and yelled for him to stay in the car. It’s common for us to get out and talk to the cop.
Poor Justine, she did exactly what I would’ve done & certainly not expecting to be shot by the cop I called to help.

That is interesting. Was this really an issue of cultural norms? In the United States when talking to police officers, less said the better, and don't move unless you tell them what you are doing and why.

I have no clue what cultural norms are in Somalia...

That is interesting. Was this really an issue of cultural norms? In the United States when talking to police officers, less said the better, and don't move unless you tell them what you are doing and why.

I have no clue what cultural norms are in Somalia...
He moved here with his family when he was just a few years old so he grew up with the cultural norms here, not Somalia.

This clown must pay for his stupidity.
To shoot across in front of the driver would obstruct his vision and deafen him. How far across the driver did he lunge?

Officer Noor, who has since been fired by the Police Department, has never spoken with investigators about what happened or why he pulled the trigger. His silence is a rarity: Police officers involved in shootings, including the relatively few who are ultimately charged with crimes, almost always tell their account of what happened to their police departments.
I feel certain that Noor will be found guilty. This shooting is just totally outrageous. I also feel that Officer Harrity has probably reached the point where he COULD be charged with obstruction. He wont be, but he should. What we are seeing is how the Minneapolis city government (police, mayor's office, prosecutor) is completely disfunctional. Politics reigns supreme.

Prosecutors on Tuesday attacked the credibility of Minneapolis police Sgt. Shannon Barnette, the supervisor on the scene after officer Mohamed Noor shot and killed 911 caller Justine Ruszczyk.

Barnette has emerged as a key figure in the trial of Noor, who faces murder and manslaughter charges in Ruszczyk's 2017 shooting death. She has refused to cooperate with a state investigation into the shooting.

According to trial witnesses and prosecutors, Barnette deactivated her body camera multiple times during the night of the shooting, jumped to conclusions about whether Noor and his partner had been startled before Noor shot, and told another officer that Ruszczyk was "probably a drunk or a drug addict" after she was killed.

Toxicology tests showed Ruszczyk did not have any alcohol or drugs in her system.

Noor trial: Prosecution raps police supervisor who shut off bodycam

Something stinks and it's not the week old tuna in my fridge.

Oh yes something stinks alright and this Barnette is emblematic of a police department that IMO has attempted to cover up this horrible crime perpetrated by one of their own. The lack of cooperation by many police officers is shocking and rephrehensible. I hope and pray that Noor is convicted and there is justice for Justine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back