CO - Sol Pais, Threats to Columbine High and 20 other schools

Pi Thoughts

Reaction score
(CNN)Authorities were investigating what appears to be a "credible threat" atColumbine High School and nearly 20 other schools, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office in Colorado said Tuesday.

All Denver area schools should conduct a "lockout" and controlled release, according to a later tweet from the Colorado Department of Education.

Columbine High in Littleton and several schools in the area were earlier placed on a "lockout," the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office tweeted. Threats were not directed to a specific school, according to sheriff's spokesperson Mike Taplin.
Columbine lockout as 'credible threat' investigated - CNN

Thanks perfecting-pink. I’ve read that and just about every article has the same info. They say she’s from surfside Florida and is 18 and obsessed with columbine shooting. Sol Pais may not be her real name which is why there’s no social media floating around...

She doesn’t look eighteen
IMO, she looks to be in her 30's.

Apparently, she is still on the loose.

Colorado authorities searching for Columbine-obsessed woman who threatened Denver schools
The 18-year-old woman, Sol Pais, traveled to Colorado Monday night and is considered armed and dangerous, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

Pais is about 5-foot-5, has brown hair and was last seen Monday night in the foothills of Jefferson County wearing a black T-shirt, camouflage pants and black boots, authorities said. She is allegedly "infatuated" with the Columbine shooting and was attempting to purchase firearms. The 20-year anniversary of the shooting is on Saturday.
ETA photo of suspect:
sol-pais-01-ht-jef-190416_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

WTH? This woman is "obsessed" with the Columbine shooting? What is the connection? The shooting happened 20 years ago, Pais is 18, so before she was born. Mind you, these kind of threats aren't unusual anymore but apparently Pais attempted to buy firearms. What we don't know is whether or not she currently has any firearms in her possession.

Her father is asking her to turn herself in so I'm pretty sure LE is aware of her mental health history and have determined the seriousness of her threat.
Search for South Florida Woman Accused of Threatening Colorado Schools
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/04/16/columbine-high-school-lockout-jeffco-schools/

@jamieNBC6
BREAKING: Investigators leave home of Sol Pais- a south Florida woman accused of making threats against Denver schools, including Columbine. Neighbors tell me police have been out here since yesterday. @nbc6

I'm confident she will not have an opportunity to act but it's concerning that a single person can disrupt school systems. I sure would like to know more about her past. MOO.

@TRussellCBS4
Family wouldn’t open the door. But a man who says he is her father confirms Sol Pais lives here in Surfside. They’re encouraging her to come home. They are disbelief over the allegations and they fear she may have a mental illness if she made these threats. @CBSMiami

The family fears she may have a mental illness. If she made these threats. So I guess either they missed something in her behavior or they chose to ignore symptoms of an illness?

"The 20th anniversary of the shooting at Columbine is Saturday. As the district prepares for the day’s memorial events, it is fending off an onslaught of curious strangers who trespass in the school’s parking lot — sometimes more than 30 people in a day. Some say they just want to pay their respects, but others claim they are in love with the shooters — or sometimes that they have been reincarnated with the shooters’ souls."https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/04/16/columbine-high-school-lockout-jeffco-schools/

BBM. Interesting that there are people who idolize the shooters. Very sad and very disconnected from the pain of the massacre.

She has a past. Everyone does. Hers are just locked down because of her age. I would love to take a peek, though.

And I agree she looks much older than 18.

Parents must be so worried in Colorado.

I’ve been searching for social media of hers as well and have found nothing. I think it makes sense though with her age. I’m 32 and when I was a teen social media was really getting big, but I didn’t think of things being on the internet forever, so my name is still all over when it’s googled today. My niece is 20 and it’s the opposite. Nothing comes up when you google her name because she’s of a generation that I think knows the consequences of posting things on the internet that stay there forever. Still, with this teen making threats, my first thought jumped to social media and how the threats could be on there. Otherwise she must’ve made the threats verbally or through the mail?

I just hope she’s found soon. I feel so deeply for the kids in those schools and just all of these communities having to deal with the threats.

Looks like a press conference is happening in a few minutes (if I calculated my time zones correctly ), not sure if local news stations will have video or not.

Attachments

• EFD4A997-D6FF-437B-810A-7CAD81256BDA.jpeg
    EFD4A997-D6FF-437B-810A-7CAD81256BDA.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 8
Pais bought pump action shotgun in CO. Arrived by airport.
Considered a credible threat.
No specific info on threats to specific schools.
Working on leads.
Tip line and website. 303-630-6227. Email denverfbitips@fbi.gov
Sheriff speaking now.
Taking seriously.
State and local LE following up on leads, searching areas where Pais may have been last.
Director of CO Dept. of Public Safety speaking. Includes CO state patrol and CBI.
Governor has been briefed.
Abundance of caution.
Plans for tomorrow - communicating with school superintendents.
Dynamic situation that may change rapidly.

Q & A
Pinging cell? Won't say. Utilizing every technique they can.
Background? Connections to CO? None known.
Mental health issue? No answer.
Working with attorney for potential charges.
If found tonight they will hold her.
No specific threats - comments were concerning.
Threats/comments = spoken as opposed to written.

So nothing new other than confirming that Pais did purchase a weapon and is armed.

She has a past. Everyone does. Hers are just locked down because of her age. I would love to take a peek, though.

And I agree she looks much older than 18.

Parents must be so worried in Colorado.
Yes. As a parent of a young student in Denver Metro area, I am hoping that they decide to call it a day and keep kids home...unless they find her overnight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968
Back