OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks! No reason and no date for rescheduling, either. News says it is also normally open to the public, when it is rescheduled.

Status conferences in criminal proceedings generally involve discussions amongst the attorneys for both the defense and prosecution as well as the presiding judge in an attempt to determine the progress and direction of the case, often focusing on various evidentiary issues or pretrial motions. Such hearings generally are open to the public as Tuesday’s hearing would have been.

if they were purchased after the murders what difference does it make? Whether she bought them at Ebay, Amazon or Kamart it should not be of any concern to the LE and the fact she even knows how to buy stuff online impressed me. I think it shows they were in fear for their lives or at least granny was. If this family was so slick they killed all of these folks w/o getting caught at least from the get-go would they be so foolish to buy BV and put it on a Mastercard? I don't think so. I don't know who killed these people I just hope they have the correct culprits. I know the LE and the state must have been under enormous pressure to solve this crime and this is the reason sometimes they go for the low hanging fruit.

Yes, over three years spent investigating this case. If they were going after your so called "low hanging fruit", why wait so long? Why weren't there arrests in weeks? Could it be they made sure they had it right? I'm sure you don't think that, but that is fine...

Yes, over three years spent investigating this case. If they were going after your so called "low hanging fruit", why wait so long? Why weren't there arrests in weeks? Could it be they made sure they had it right? I'm sure you don't think that, but that is fine...

Yeas, over three years spent investigating this case. If they were going after your so called "low hanging fruit", why wait so long? Why weren't there arrests in weeks? Could it be they made sure they had it right? I'm sure you don't think that, but that is fine...

Actually, I was just thinking the opposite while reading about recent cases of the murders of multiple family members.

Phoenix man killed his wife, 2 children and another man over affair suspicions, police say - CNN

In most of these cases, LE is able to ask some questions and narrow down a list of suspects pretty quickly. With the Rhoden/Gilley murders, a recently ended relationship and custody battle should have been an immediate red flag. A quick arrest for some charge should have yielded enough justification for a search warrant, and the search would have likely yielded more evidence.

JMO, there's really no reason the arrests couldn't have happened much sooner, within weeks or a month or so. With enough probable cause, it wouldn't have taken very long to search vehicles, get phone records, voice mail, computer and other info.

JMO, lack of arrests weren't because of lack of evidence, but of failure to look at the obvious suspect. Had they looked sooner, they may have found even more evidence.

if they were purchased after the murders what difference does it make? Whether she bought them at Ebay, Amazon or Kamart it should not be of any concern to the LE and the fact she even knows how to buy stuff online impressed me. I think it shows they were in fear for their lives or at least granny was. If this family was so slick they killed all of these folks w/o getting caught at least from the get-go would they be so foolish to buy BV and put it on a Mastercard? I don't think so. I don't know who killed these people I just hope they have the correct culprits. I know the LE and the state must have been under enormous pressure to solve this crime and this is the reason sometimes they go for the low hanging fruit.

If that were true, the judge would have dropped the charges against Fredericka W. We don't know much about this evidence, but the judge and prosecutor do. The evidence is strong and its not about what Fredericka is claiming.

This is not the first time I have come across this, has anyone else seen indications Billy used the alias of William?

Defendant 1:
Wagner, William Attorney:
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Dba Whitespines Kennel
Address: P.o. Box 1394
C/S/Z: Lucasville, Oh 45648
Date Served: 07/11/2003

Defendant 2: Wagner, Angela Attorney: Pro Se
D.B.A./A.K.A.: Dba Whitespines Kennel
Address: P.o. Box 1394
C/S/Z: Lucasville, Oh 45648
Date Served: 07/11/2003

Yes!

Do you mind sharing where you found? Thanks!

Portsmouth Municipal
Portsmouth Municipal Court

In the past I came across William E Wag, Bill E Wag, etc. however this was the first I found it in a more official location. In the past I assumed “William” was someone else entirely, but now I think it’s Billy.

Status Conference for Jake Wagner posponed....Tuesday April 16, 2019

Status hearing for Edward Wagner postponed - Portsmouth Daily Times

"A status hearing set for early Tuesday morning in the ongoing legal proceedings against multiple murder suspect Edward “Jake” Wagner was indefinitely postponed.

No reason was publicly given for the postponement and according to an official of the Pike County Court of Common Pleas, no new date has been set for the hearing.

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk was not immediately available for comment regarding the postponed hearing Tuesday morning. In any case, Junk may have been unwilling or unable to talk to the media as Common Pleas Judge Randy Deering, who is presiding over the Rhoden murder cases, has long since imposed a gag order blocking anyone directly connected with the court proceedings from speaking with reporters.

As of early Tuesday afternoon, the Common Pleas court website still listed Tuesday as the date for the conference hearing.

Status conferences in criminal proceedings generally involve discussions amongst the attorneys for both the defense and prosecution as well as the presiding judge in an attempt to determine the progress and direction of the case, often focusing on various evidentiary issues or pretrial motions. Such hearings generally are open to the public as Tuesday’s hearing would have been.

In this instance, with the agreement of defense attorneys, Wagner would not have been present at the hearing Tuesday. His attorneys indicated they would advise their client regarding the happenings at the status hearing at a later date.

Barring any further scheduling changes, Wagner will need to be back in court for his fourth pretrial hearing scheduled for May 14, 2019. "

Last edited:
CC...I don't understand why he's stealing in the first place? FW and Flying W farm is extremely well known for the Friesian horses they breed, and have been breeder of the year in 2016. Also well known in the miniature horse world and get $5-8,000 each. The Friesians go for much more. So why does he need to steal? I'm not clear how involved he was with the breeding operation but it seems mom would have made sure he was taken care of?? I understand the mentality from a rural upbringing, I understand the gun mentality but not why he was stealing and not sure if I believe Angela was under his thumb. He came from a dominate female family, so it seems he would marry someone of similar traits.

JMO, some people steal for the pleasure of it. It gives them an emotional thrill of stealing and trying to get away with. My thoughts are wondering what else he’s stolen and not caught.

Portsmouth Municipal

In the past I came across William E Wag, Bill E Wag, etc. however this was the first I found it in a more official location. In the past I assumed “William” was someone else entirely, but now I think it’s Billy.

Adams County Pike County; lay preachers, stolen goods, William “E” “Billy”
Scratches head :confused:

Thinking they were slick concerning the murders is really up for interpretation. Some, like Sheriff Reader feel they left a trail to follow and were very untruthful to investigators. So red flags were there. It takes awhile to build a case against one let alone six. Better to take the time and get it right, get convictions. We will see.

Portsmouth Municipal

But Billy’s name really isn’t Bill, Billy or William. He is George Washington Wagner III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288