Found Deceased Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

The building across the street from the crash site in the video is a home goods store called Janam Muebles.

Here it is shown on a map and a few Google Earth images of the sea across the street.

On the map, it shows the store is located West of Highway 7.

Address:
Janam Muebles
Marginal Las America’s
Oeste 4
Santo Domingo Este

Catching up and wanted to thank you for finding that store on the map.

(Translated by Google)

~snip
He explained that the letter sent by him and his colleague Engel, representative of the district in Westchester County, which includes Mount Vernon, was at the request of the mayor of that city Thomas Harris, who calls the deaths of the couple of Jamaican descent suspicious, and it reduces the credibility of the National Police (PN) version in the Dominican Republic.

"Not yet, as far as I know no, I have not been informed yet, I suppose that's going to take a while," said Espaillat.
The mayor of Mount Vernon, asked me and Congressman Engel, to talk to the FBI for an investigation into the case in the Dominican Republic," the Dominican congressman added.

Espaillat, confirmed an information of this reporter about the meeting of him and his colleague with the ambassador of the United States in Santo Domingo, Robin Bernstein, on Wednesday of last week in the morning, in which the diplomat, committed to both legislators to support a broad investigation to clarify the fact. He explained that the FBI has jurisdiction to conduct investigations in any country that has cooperation agreements with the United States and especially when it comes to US citizens. "If there is a collaboration agreement, as it exists with Santo Domingo, where there are even FBI personnel in Dominican territory, of course," added Espaillat.

April 16, 2019

Esperan respuesta del FBI sobre muerte de turistas en República Dominicana - CDN - El Canal de Noticias de los Dominicanos

I agree the car looks like it has been absolutely destroyed, someone upthread said it was suspicious the amount of rust on the frame already- I'm just curious, doesn't rust form fairly fast? I read it can only take 5-6 days, so would that not be normal? I don't know much about... uhh the science of rust, so I'm just asking ha

This UPDATE: Bodies found resembling missing tourists, last seen in the Dominican Republic is reported to be their car. Notice time stamp 01:41:10. That's the time they were reported to be at the Marbella tollbooth. I don't know what the difference is in both photos I've posted, same tollbooth or different ones, just found those photos and thought I'd add them, sorry if they've already been linked.

How odd. If they were two different booths, going by the time, they were just miles apart which seems strange to have two tolls that close together. Could both pictures be from the same booth and it took 14 minutes? In which case, that is questionable. I am going to go back to my maps and see if I can determine if there is more than one that close together on Highway 7.

I also wonder what the red glow is in the first picture you provided.

How odd. If they were two different booths, going by the time, they were just miles apart which seems strange to have two tolls that close together. Could both pictures be from the same booth and it took 14 minutes? In which case, that is questionable. I am going to go back to my maps and see if I can determine if there is more than one that close together on Highway 7.

I also wonder what the red glow is in the first picture you provided.

I wonder if the red is a stop signal light. The second photo I linked in a later post has a light that looks greenish to me, so maybe a go signal light. I don't know.

ETA: I'm just as baffled by the time difference.

Last edited:
I wonder if the red is a stop signal light. The second photo I linked in a later post has a light that looks greenish to me, so maybe a go signal light. I don't know.

Wikipedia says there are three toll booths. I have not found the distances yet though between them. If we knew it would also give us an idea of speed if this was two different toll booths.

This is from Wikipedia--it also says the driving time is less than two hours. One toll booth is near Samana so that is too far away so if we can find the one at kilometer 16 I would think that would be the one before Maribella (spelling?).

"The highway reduced the time a trip from Santo Domingo to the Samaná region took from 4 hours and 30 minutes to now less than 2 hours."

"The highway starts with the Autopista Las Américas DR-3 (30 km east of Santo Domingo) and ends at the intersection Cruce Rincón de Molinillos, Samaná Province. There are three different toll booths: the first one 300 meters after the southern start of the highway; the second one at km marker 16; and the third one was built in La Reforma, right before Samaná and the Cruce Rincón de Molinillos intersection."

Samana Highway - The Full Wiki

This is from Wikipedia--it also says the driving time is less than two hours. One toll booth is near Samana so that is too far away so if we can find the one at kilometer 16 I would think that would be the one before Maribella (spelling?).

"The highway reduced the time a trip from Santo Domingo to the Samaná region took from 4 hours and 30 minutes to now less than 2 hours."

"The highway starts with the Autopista Las Américas DR-3 (30 km east of Santo Domingo) and ends at the intersection Cruce Rincón de Molinillos, Samaná Province. There are three different toll booths: the first one 300 meters after the southern start of the highway; the second one at km marker 16; and the third one was built in La Reforma, right before Samaná and the Cruce Rincón de Molinillos intersection."

Samana Highway - The Full Wiki

This map Google Maps is showing 3 peajes (tollbooths). Autopista del Nordeste is closest to the airport, then it shows Naranjal, then furthest north is Guaraguao. I'm wondering if Marbella is the same as the one closest to the airport.

This map Google Maps is showing 3 peajes (tollbooths). Autopista del Nordeste is closest to the airport, then it shows Naranjal, then furthest north is Guaraguao. I'm wondering if Marbella is the same as the one closest to the airport.

i have no idea how you did that; i have spent most of the morning trying to accomplish that :)

i have no idea how you did that; i have spent most of the morning trying to accomplish that :)

Ha! It took me all morning too. There's not a lot of information to be found about the tollbooths on that road and it took rudimentary Spanish to do that, plus usually Google maps hates me. I don't know if that map helps or not, seeing the map just keeps raising questions, IMO.

Ha! It took me all morning too. There's not a lot of information to be found about the tollbooths on that road and it took rudimentary Spanish to do that, plus usually Google maps hates me. I don't know if that map helps or not, seeing the map just keeps raising questions, IMO.

I have had a horrible time. Now I am trying to find distance between the last two toll booths shown and no luck there either. The closest I can get is estimating and I think it was ten miles. If we guess that the two pictures at 14 minutes apart are at the last two toll booths, that puts his or her driving speed in the area of 45 miles per hour. So they were not in a rush between the two it does not seem. If in fact the two pictures with different times were at different booths. Looking at them over and over though, they look identical.

In trying to find nonexistent data, I did find accounts that the toll booths have armed guards but those were day time accounts... That, however, leaves no illusion of safety to me as I have read some horrific accounts...

imo.

I have to get going, I spent way too much time at this lol and am late.

Distance from Peaje Naranjal to Peaje Marbella is 14km / 11 minutes. So that makes perfect sense. And yes, Marbella and Nordeste are one and the same (google directions says they're 4 metres apart!)

I am sad to see this thread go to page 2.

Nothing new has been released in the last few days but I am still reeling from the shock of seeing the car in that close-up pic. It looks like it has been stripped bare, and I cannot fathom how 2 weeks of salt water and a strong ocean current did that! I don't have any professional knowledge as to how a car should look after its gone 75 feet over a cliff into saltwater but I am genuinely shocked by its condition.

I don't know if I am going off the rails here as I don't tend to dream up crazy scenarios, but....some things just don't add up.

I am really beginning to think that they were ambushed by several people on motorcycles and in trucks (rumbling sound heard by the fishermen) robbed and assaulted and then car was stripped for some parts and then pushed over the cliff (in neutral) with Orlando inside. Portia could have been assaulted and then left for dead.

I am also having trouble trying to understand how her head injuries were so extensive that she never regained consciousness. If she jumped out of the car and was found near the road it means that she had extraordinary reaction time as it seems there would only have been a small window of time for her to realize they had lost control, were headed to the cliff and then bail out (assuming that only speed was a factor, nothing nefarious happened and they simply lost control when they made a u-turn in that small gap in the median we discussed a few pages back.)

The warnings for tourists driving in the DR (especially at night) are so rampant everwhere I search...its like a recurring theme. Many of these are from locals!

I think that although its easy for LE or MSM to explain away what happened with the rum drinking, dark roads and speed, I also keep thinking about how Portia was so diligent about having their phones charged, gas tank full, I can't see her letting speed become their enemy. I cannot help but wonder if LE is using those plausible reasons as a scapegoat to hide the truth.
LE can be adept at hiding things down there from many of the accounts I have dug up online.

I really wish a family member would become a V.I. even if it only gives us all a chance to tell the families how heartbroken we all are for this unbelievably tragic loss.

As always, JMO...feel free to scroll and roll if, in fact, my imagination has gone wild.

Nothing new has been released in the last few days but I am still reeling from the shock of seeing the car in that close-up pic. It looks like it has been stripped bare, and I cannot fathom how 2 weeks of salt water and a strong ocean current did that! I don't have any professional knowledge as to how a car should look after its gone 75 feet over a cliff into saltwater but I am genuinely shocked by its condition.

I don't know if I am going off the rails here as I don't tend to dream up crazy scenarios, but....some things just don't add up.

I am really beginning to think that they were ambushed by several people on motorcycles and in trucks (rumbling sound heard by the fishermen) robbed and assaulted and then car was stripped for some parts and then pushed over the cliff (in neutral) with Orlando inside. Portia could have been assaulted and then left for dead.

I am also having trouble trying to understand how her head injuries were so extensive that she never regained consciousness. If she jumped out of the car and was found near the road it means that she had extraordinary reaction time as it seems there would only have been a small window of time for her to realize they had lost control, were headed to the cliff and then bail out (assuming that only speed was a factor, nothing nefarious happened and they simply lost control when they made a u-turn in that small gap in the median we discussed a few pages back.)

The warnings for tourists driving in the DR (especially at night) are so rampant everwhere I search...its like a recurring theme. Many of these are from locals!

I think that although its easy for LE or MSM to explain away what happened with the rum drinking, dark roads and speed, I also keep thinking about how Portia was so diligent about having their phones charged, gas tank full, I can't see her letting speed become their enemy. I cannot help but wonder if LE is using those plausible reasons as a scapegoat to hide the truth.
LE can be adept at hiding things down there from many of the accounts I have dug up online.

I really wish a family member would become a V.I. even if it only gives us all a chance to tell the families how heartbroken we all are for this unbelievably tragic loss.

As always, JMO...feel free to scroll and roll if, in fact, my imagination has gone wild.

If I had to guess, I’d guess that Portia was thrown out of the car—no reaction time called for. And if she was thrown out violently—that explains the head injuries. I’ve been in one serious accident—it wasn’t a rollover, just spinning 180 degrees—but it was obvious that if I hadn’t had my seatbelt fastened, and if the door had come open, I’d have been thrown out, violently.

So, if Orlando is driving, he tries to correct whatever is happening, loses control and skids over a sheer cliff. I think it’s telling that the nickname for that part of the ocean is: ‘The Blender.’ I agree that the car is a horrific sight.

What bothers me is the long time before they were identified. I can’t think of any excuse for that.

I am with you. I am not satisfied and they have provided nothing but the insinuation of alcohol, speed and a crash. It makes no sense. I thank God for the fact it has been stated how cautious she was and overpreparing that day because that does not fit. Let's also add that they went the wrong way allegedly.

I too have come upon story after story and warning after warning. I have also come across detailed information on the corruptness of LE and even military and government involved in crimes.

I cannot help but think of the Natalee Holloway case when following this one. Although different countries and different circumstances, the same thing was done, it was tried to be put down to drinking, her own behavior and likely drowning, etc.

They then when it was not let go of proceeded to run family and media all over on false tips and sightings and more. There was definitely a cover up and she was murdered but of course they never prosecuted him.

Again, they are different but the same type of insinuations were put out there.

I have read that you should not even show a decent phone while there. Car theft is also very common.

To each their own, but I think there is plenty of reason to wonder yet.

Hopefully we get some real answers and documentation at some point.

I do not know what to think of that car either.

If I had to guess, I’d guess that Portia was thrown out of the car—no reaction time called for. And if she was thrown out violently—that explains the head injuries. I’ve been in one serious accident—it wasn’t a rollover, just spinning 180 degrees—but it was obvious that if I hadn’t had my seatbelt fastened, and if the door had come open, I’d have been thrown out, violently.

So, if Orlando is driving, he tries to correct whatever is happening, loses control and skids over a sheer cliff. I think it’s telling that the nickname for that part of the ocean is: ‘The Blender.’ I agree that the car is a horrific sight.

What bothers me is the long time before they were identified. I can’t think of any excuse for that.

Normally if you are thrown from a car, it is due to some sort of impact. I mentioned several Pages back that I had been t-boned in a car accident as a child and thrown from a vehicle. Usually the door doesn't just open....you have to hit something or be hit. The trees that were hit were down near the edge of the cliff...she was found up by the road. The only way I can see she could have gotten there is if she was thrown from the vehicle in that location...but what caused her door to open if they weren't hit? Or she bailed out there at a high rate of speed. If she crawled her way up there after being thrown from hitting the trees, then she must have been conscious at some point...or the next possibilty is that she was physically pulled from the car at the side of the road and that's where she was left.

Normally if you are thrown from a car, it is due to some sort of impact. I mentioned several Pages back that I had been t-boned in a car accident as a child and thrown from a vehicle. Usually the door doesn't just open....you have to hit something or be hit. The trees that were hit were down near the edge of the cliff...she was found up by the road. The only way I can see she could have gotten there is if she was thrown from the vehicle in that location...but what caused her door to open if they weren't hit? Or she bailed out there at a high rate of speed, or if she crawled her way up there after being thrown from hitting the trees...or the next possibilty is that she was physically pulled from the car at the side of the road and that's where she was left.

I agree—if there weren’t trees at the side of the road, or a cliff going up from the road, it’s hard for me to visualize what could have happened. Unless....what about that hard u-turn, or overcorrecting from dropping the wheel into a soft shoulder, or a tire blowing out—and any of these things causing a rollover?

I am with you. I am not satisfied and they have provided nothing but the insinuation of alcohol, speed and a crash. It makes no sense. I thank God for the fact it has been stated how cautious she was and overpreparing that day because that does not fit. Let's also add that they went the wrong way allegedly.

I too have come upon story after story and warning after warning. I have also come across detailed information on the corruptness of LE and even military and government involved in crimes.

I cannot help but think of the Natalee Holloway case when following this one. Although different countries and different circumstances, the same thing was done, it was tried to be put down to drinking, her own behavior and likely drowning, etc.

They then when it was not let go of proceeded to run family and media all over on false tips and sightings and more. There was definitely a cover up and she was murdered but of course they never prosecuted him.

Again, they are different but the same type of insinuations were put out there.

I have read that you should not even show a decent phone while there. Car theft is also very common.

To each their own, but I think there is plenty of reason to wonder yet.

Hopefully we get some real answers and documentation at some point.

I do not know what to think of that car either.
I think we have been travelling in the same dark places via the internet.
Its a scary place to be sometimes...

I agree—if there weren’t trees at the side of the road, or a cliff going up from the road, it’s hard for me to visualize what could have happened. Unless....what about that hard u-turn, or overcorrecting from dropping the wheel into a soft shoulder, or a tire blowing out—and any of these things causing a rollover?
I like these ideas....but wouldn't there be debris on the road...or at least on land if it rolled over? In the video...they only showed from a distance the damage near the trees.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back