Looking for any LISK (Long Island Serial Killer) updates

sharon sartori

Reaction score
I'm new here to this site. I used to frequent AC almost every weekend years ago with my ex-boyfriend. We went in to the bad areas of town and thankfully never had any trouble. We just liked to gamble and bar hop and try new restaurants. Ironically we were down AC for a day about two weeks before those four women were found. It scared us both actually and we didn't go back after that. I am going this summer but with family. The Long Island Murders definitely caught my attention because at first glance there seems to be similarities with the AC4. But then the missing shoes and that made me think ok...foot fetish? I was watching some shows on youtube from several years ago. I could've sworn I seen something with the Gilbert family attorney talking about Shannon GIlbert's laptop? I believe one of the gentlemen said they made a copy of her hard drive and she saved records of her dates and info in the cloud. But an important list was missing? Does anyone know what that was about and is there any info the attorney and the Suffolk Cty police retrieved from her laptop? I would think info like that might blow the case wide open finally!

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any recent (last year or so) updates on the LISK case. Feel free to post any and all info you have - just wanted to reboot the conversation.

Thanks everyone and happy sleuthing,
IM

I downloaded Tubi Tv on my phone and ran across The Killing Season. I was so intrigued by the show, I completed the season in two days. I have always been infatuated with serial killers, not for their actions, but for the "why" of their actions. Watching The Killing Season is where I found out about Websleuths, and therefore I joined. Any new information on the cases and updates would be greatly appreciated, and with so many of these victims still unidentified and possibly still not found, I pray for peace for the families, and hope closure to it all can finally be found.

@Hollowspiral1 and @Darketonio
Thanks for commenting! It seems that you're both new to the topic of LISK. The Killing Season was an amazing documentary done on this - I first came across LISK when I read Lost Girls by Robert Kolker a handful of years ago. It is a must read if you are interested in LISK and the women who have gone missing in relation. Also check out the episode done on LISK by Crime Junkies Podcast.

As for the case, I feel as if they are at a standstill. They did recently arrest a carpenter named John Bitrolff, who they believe in connection, could possibly be LISK - however, I don't think he fits. There have been no new murders (at least that have been connected), so for now, we wait for new information or unfortunately, new murders. However, I wonder if he is even in Long Island anymore after all the attention he received. It's really chilling to even think about.

Thank you for your recommendations, I will definetly check those out! That is a scary thought. If it was getting too hot in that location, why not move somewhere else? It definitely sets the wheels in motion of who your neighbor might actually be. Very scary thought...

I went to a website called pix11.com, and apparently they found a connection between the daughter of a Bitrolff victim, and one of the Gilgo victims. According to this site, the 2 were best friends and this could possibly link Bitrolff to the LISK murders. His living location based on where many of the victims were found would also make a good link. There are quite a few things that makes him look super suspicious, especially since his DNA has been connected to some old cold cases involving prostitutes. I'm not saying anything definitive, but he is a great suspect to look at. No one expected the small meek Gary Ridgway to be such a prolific serial killer that dodged justice for years killing sex workers and runaways. He had a wife and a job living a supposed normal life until DNA linked him to 4 murders that really led to multitudes of murders. Never know, the more they dig, and actually put forth real effort with what evidence they have, Bitrolff could be linked to more victims. Whether he turns out to be LISK or not, at least that's another killer caught, and hopefully some people finally finding some peace.

( From Wikipedia)
After Bittrolff's sentence, the case's prosecutor announced that Bittrolff was also a suspect in at least one of the 10 murders attributed to the unidentified Long Island Serial Killer (LISK) in New York's Suffolk and Nassau counties. Suffolk County District Attorney's office prosecutor Robert Biancavilla released a statement noting that Bittrolf was likely responsible for the deaths of other women, and that "There are remains of the victims at Gilgo that may be attributed to the handiwork of Mr. Bittrolff, and that investigation is continuing". Bittrolff was a carpenter who lived in Manorville, where the torsos of official LISK victims Jessica Taylor and "Jane Doe No. 6" were recovered. The remains were discovered roughly three miles away from Bittrolff's home. He was also a hunter who seemed to enjoy killing and mutilating animals, and reportedly once "cut out the heart of a deer he had just shot and ate it raw in the woods".[13][14][15]

Another link between Bittrolff and the Long Island Serial Killer case became apparent when it was revealed that the grown daughter of Rita Tangredi, one of the women that Bittrolff was convicted of killing, was reportedly "best friends" with Melissa Barthelemy, who was one of the first LISK victims discovered strangled and wrapped in burlap at Gilgo Beach. Barthelemy's mother

I'm convinced Bitrolff is the Manorville butcher and that is the only connection to Lisk and the ladies found wrapped in burlap. Hopefully they can pry some information on the unknown victims from him during talks/interrogations.
I'm not...100%! Im profiling LISK and my information does not lead to Bitrolff.

Anyone think its a related pair? Since remains were found in 1996 and again in 2011? Father / son.... uncle... some sort of combo that puts the younger killer "at age" in 2011 since there's such a gap?
Anyone think its a related pair? Since remains were found in 1996 and again in 2011? Father / son.... uncle... some sort of combo that puts the younger killer "at age" in 2011 since there's such a gap?
No. I am nowhere near convinced there is more than one.

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any recent (last year or so) updates on the LISK case. Feel free to post any and all info you have - just wanted to reboot the conversation.

Thanks everyone and happy sleuthing,
IM
To the best of my knowledge there have been no updates. Every LEA involved are keeping this tight lipped.

I downloaded Tubi Tv on my phone and ran across The Killing Season. I was so intrigued by the show, I completed the season in two days. I have always been infatuated with serial killers, not for their actions, but for the "why" of their actions. Watching The Killing Season is where I found out about Websleuths, and therefore I joined. Any new information on the cases and updates would be greatly appreciated, and with so many of these victims still unidentified and possibly still not found, I pray for peace for the families, and hope closure to it all can finally be found.
There are several inaccurate comments on the The Killing Season LISK. Assuming it was worth watching I did so and noticed many errors as opposed to LEA public releases and the methodology within the TKS LISK.

@Hollowspiral1 and @Darketonio
Thanks for commenting! It seems that you're both new to the topic of LISK. The Killing Season was an amazing documentary done on this - I first came across LISK when I read Lost Girls by Robert Kolker a handful of years ago. It is a must read if you are interested in LISK and the women who have gone missing in relation. Also check out the episode done on LISK by Crime Junkies Podcast.

As for the case, I feel as if they are at a standstill. They did recently arrest a carpenter named John Bitrolff, who they believe in connection, could possibly be LISK - however, I don't think he fits. There have been no new murders (at least that have been connected), so for now, we wait for new information or unfortunately, new murders. However, I wonder if he is even in Long Island anymore after all the attention he received. It's really chilling to even think about.
Bitrolff is serving 25 years to life.

Has anyone looked into the Long Island Horticulture? or linked suspects to their roles with Horticulture. UCONN coastal is a "resource for those living on or near water" and their announcement of biodegradable burlap.
The killer definitely knew the area, knew the highway and best places to place bodies. He lined them up the four in a row, a neat row almost like sowing seeds. Growing. A Horticulturist.
I don't know its just my theory.

Has anyone looked into the Long Island Horticulture? or linked suspects to their roles with Horticulture. UCONN coastal is a "resource for those living on or near water" and their announcement of biodegradable burlap.
The killer definitely knew the area, knew the highway and best places to place bodies. He lined them up the four in a row, a neat row almost like sowing seeds. Growing. A Horticulturist.
I don't know its just my theory.
The killer/killers could have used a ocean boat instead of using a busy highway.

The killer/killers could have used a ocean boat instead of using a busy highway.
He called the families victims. The only other serial killers that used a phone were the Weepy Sounder and the Zodiac. He likely is very intelligent and educated. He is likely by now 40+ years old. Very tall and physically very strong. Since he has been in hiatus either he is in prison. Deceased or relocated to somewhere else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back