Found Deceased Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

I think we have been travelling in the same dark places via the internet.
Its a scary place to be sometimes...

Well, that depends what you mean :) I have not been to the bowels of the internet but have just searched harder than normal and back farther and went beyond the first results on searches, etc. :) Tried various searches with different words and I also try to remember that other countries have tourists that go to the Dominican as well...

I like these ideas....but wouldn't there be debris on the road...or at least on land if it rolled over? In the video...they only showed from a distance the damage near the trees.

I could see nothing in that video myself. It was also posted back a page or few that there was a dump truck accident there on the 25th or thereabouts I think of March. It also went in and the man died. Any tree damage could have easily been from the dump truck too or any accident.

Yet I could see none of what they were trying to show in that video.

jmo.

I could see nothing in that video myself. It was also posted back a page or few that there was a dump truck accident there on the 25th or thereabouts I think of March. It also went in and the man died. Any tree damage could have easily been from the dump truck too or any accident.

Yet I could see none of what they were trying to show in that video.

jmo.
I was just trying to find that same video again (to re-watch it for the 10th time...LOL) and can't seem to locate it. Go figure. Now I am off to search...

I saw that post regarding the dump truck...so two days earlier that exact same thing happened? A truck goes over the cliff in the same location? WTH is going on? Is it a magnetic force or something?

I like these ideas....but wouldn't there be debris on the road...or at least on land if it rolled over? In the video...they only showed from a distance the damage near the trees.

There certainly should be—good point. Shattered glass, skid marks... but—they aren’t interested in telling us much. So, we don’t know what they found, and we don’t know what they looked for. My confidence in DR accident investigation is not very great, based on this.

I was just trying to find that same video again (to re-watch it for the 10th time...LOL) and can't seem to locate it. Go figure. Now I am off to search...

I saw that post regarding the dump truck...so two days earlier that exact same thing happened? A truck goes over the cliff in the same location? WTH is going on? Is it a magnetic force or something?

Same mile marker, same spot I assume the way it sounded. In the picture, one could also see part of the dump truck in the ocean so it looked actually quite shallow which was never the impression I had...

Interesting to say the least.

I found a different video that was posted earlier on and watched it. From the looks of it, the trees that were 'hit' are closer to the road than I thought from watching the other video. I don't know what to think. Maybe she was ejected a few dozen feet when they hit the trees but it seems like she would have gone closer to the cliff than the road.

I am going to have to put my trust into the the FBI to investigate this. I am linking these articles that talk a bit about involving the FBI in the investigation. (I have lost track of what has been posted here and what I have found outside of WS, so forgive me if these are duplicates)
People are Convinced that this wasn't an Accident
‘It doesn’t add up’: U.S. officials question why deaths of missing tourists weren’t reported earlier

Same mile marker, same spot I assume the way it sounded. In the picture, one could also see part of the dump truck in the ocean so it looked actually quite shallow which was never the impression I had...

Interesting to say the least.

I should also add that it just occurred to me too that it had to be no small feat to get that dump truck up and out of the water because the cable(?) snapped bringing the car up. They also must have gotten it out in fairly short order. I do not think it had pics of that if I recall...

Ok, bear with me here, I've got several things to link, and I'm a hunt-and-peck typer. This dump truck wrecked on March 25 at what appears to be the same site OM's and PR's rental vehicle was located, kilometer 19 on the Autopista Las America. Look at the water depth.Un muerto y dos heridos tras caer al mar un camión en la autopista Las Américas

ETA: well, other photos I located by searching for images of " kilometro 19 Autopista las America Dominican Republic" show the same truck at lower tide with more vehicle showing. The websites are questionable, so I'm not linking them. But other photos of that location are there. It doesn't appear to be deep, relatively speaking. The earlier linked photos of the divers showed them without air tanks, but I thought I saw a diver with a snorkel. If it's so shallow there, what caused all that damage? The tides?

Just bumping post up.

I did a google translate of the article :BBM

Santo Domingo, March 25.- The driver of a truck died today after the vehicle rushed to the Caribbean Sea for reasons unknown until now at kilometer 19 of the Las Américas highway, while his companion and another man He threw it into the waters when the accident happened resulting in injuries.
The deceased was identified as Juan García, 74, whose body was sent to the Institute of Forensic Pathology, while his assistant, Luis Encarnación Montero, 45, was transferred to the Darío Contreras hospital, but then his family members admitted him to a hospital. private health center.
The communications manager and spokesman for the Directorate General of Traffic Safety and Land Transportation (Digesett), Hillman Pimentel, told Efe preliminary reports suggest that one of the truck's tires may have burst, although the official results will be known. Once the vehicle is taken out of the sea.

The official said that the man who threw himself to try to rescue the injured suffered blows in several parts of his body when the waves of the sea threw him against the reefs.
"The Digesett units immediately moved to the scene, which occurred around 2:45 this afternoon," Pimentel added, assuring that García's body was rescued by a Navy vessel from the Dominican Republic.
Given the characteristics of the accident, the authorities presume that the vehicle was moved from the west to the east by the Las Américas highway, where this type of accident has occurred with a certain frequency.
of-am

I couldn't find a picture of the truck after it was brought up using the keywords you suggested. I am very interested to see what the truck looked like when it was brought to land. Something tells me that the truck still looked like a truck and not like a pulverized piece of metal.

What sticks out to me is that one of the trucks tires may have burst. Hmmmm.....

Just bumping post up.

Santo Domingo, March 25.- The driver of a truck died today after the vehicle rushed to the Caribbean Sea for reasons unknown until now at kilometer 19 of the Las Américas highway, while his companion and another man He threw it into the waters when the accident happened resulting in injuries.
The deceased was identified as Juan García, 74, whose body was sent to the Institute of Forensic Pathology, while his assistant, Luis Encarnación Montero, 45, was transferred to the Darío Contreras hospital, but then his family members admitted him to a hospital. private health center.
The communications manager and spokesman for the Directorate General of Traffic Safety and Land Transportation (Digesett), Hillman Pimentel, told Efe preliminary reports suggest that one of the truck's tires may have burst, although the official results will be known. Once the vehicle is taken out of the sea.

The official said that the man who threw himself to try to rescue the injured suffered blows in several parts of his body when the waves of the sea threw him against the reefs.
"The Digesett units immediately moved to the scene, which occurred around 2:45 this afternoon," Pimentel added, assuring that García's body was rescued by a Navy vessel from the Dominican Republic.
Given the characteristics of the accident, the authorities presume that the vehicle was moved from the west to the east by the Las Américas highway, where this type of accident has occurred with a certain frequency.
of-am

I couldn't find a picture of the truck after it was brought up using the keywords you suggested. I am very interested to see what the truck looked like when it was brought to land. Something tells me that the truck still looked like a truck and not like a pulverized piece of metal.

What sticks out to me is that one of the trucks tires may have burst. Hmmmm.....

I would like to know how quickly they removed it. My thought on the one of the US couple is that if it was to cover up anything, it had to be left long enough to explain the condition we saw. They said it was due to conditions that they could not retrieve it... Was that a factor with the the truck...?

The way this comes across, the "assistant" I am taking to mean it was someone who saw it and went to "assist" the man in the truck in the water. It does not say but I wonder if this was daytime, for some reason I am assuming it is but not sure why I think that. No mention of witnesses here though.

Just bumping post up.

of-am

Yep—that blown tire made me do a ‘hmmmm’, too. Here’s another issue, if we get to see a picture of the truck. It may have been made in a bygone era, when vehicles were made of metal. Now that cars are made of lightweight plastic, they might not handle being thrashed around in the ‘blender’ nearly as well.

Just bumping post up.

of-am

Thanks for the translation. The article included a photo of the truck in the ocean, lying on it's left side. The water was up the level of the right side of the vehicle. The right side of the red cab and black dump trailer were visible and not covered by water. The vehicle appeared to be mostly intact. Another photo of the vehicle from a questionable, unlinked website that was included in the search results showed the vehicle at a lower tide, more vehicle was visible and not covered by water.

I never found photos of the truck after it's apparent retrieval (since it was visible in the photos I found, then later was not visible in the photos of the retrieval of the wreckage of OM and PR's rental car, I guess the dump truck was hauled out.).

This video is in Spanish, but appears to show the dump truck wreckage from March 25 at the reportedly same location that OM and PR wrecked.

WARNING! Graphic: shows footage of possibly injured/dead victim.

Another video, shows different perspective of the location, also in Spanish

ETA: There's more video of this incident on YouTube. It's even more graphic, and I'm not linking it here. One shows an attempt to rescue another person in the water. The water appears very turbulent. Just shows more of the area where OM and PR are reported to have wrecked.

ETA2: Another YouTube video is 18 mins. long and shows the dump truck wreck. It appears the tide is coming in, the truck at times is completely underwater and you can see it moving, the force of the water is that strong. The rock behind the truck in some views (which looks like the rock the diver was standing on in photos of OM's and PR's vehicle recovery) is awash. The video gives another view of the area OM and PR reportedly wrecked.

Last edited:
This video is in Spanish, but appears to show the dump truck wreckage from March 25 at the reportedly same location that OM and PR wrecked.

WARNING! Graphic: shows footage of possibly injured/dead victim.

Another video, shows different perspective of the location, also in Spanish
THANK YOU!
Its amazing the difference between the two vehicles. I know the truck had just landed there, but it looks completely intact. This video shows clearly that the water isn't that deep.

THANK YOU!
Its amazing the difference between the two vehicles. I know the truck had just landed there, but it looks completely intact. This video shows clearly that the water isn't that deep.

You're welcome. :)

Those videos help me visualize the area OM and PR are reported to have had their accident/wreck.

I'm still trying to understand how OM and PR could be involved in an auto accident, end up like they did, and the vehicle end up like it did. I need documentation, and I don't think it will be provided, IMO. I'd love to be wrong.

Deleted

Last edited:
This is another article in Spanish about OM and PR. There are also photos. The first photo is a satellite view of the reported accident site, with a photo of OM and PR superimposed at the top, and a red box around a portion of the area below. Just to the right of the red box appears to be a building identified as what looks to be a police station. Interesting.
Un accidente de coche pudo causar la muerte de los neoyorquinos desaparecidos en R. Dominicana

Here's the article in English:

A car accident could have caused the death of missing New Yorkers in the Dominican Republic

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back