CO - Sol Pais, Threats to Columbine High and 20 other schools

CBS Miami
Published on Apr 17, 2019
CBS4 cameras catch FBI investigators gathering evidence at the Surfside home of Sol Pais, a Miami Beach Senior High school student wanted for making threats against schools in Colorado. Pais flew to Colorado and bought a gun after becoming "infatuated" with the mass shooting at Columbine High School, ahead of its 20th anniversary of the attack that killed 13 people, according to authorities.

Welcome to Websleuths.

I doubt that is her real name. Looks to me like her name means "Sun Country."
Apparently, her dad has the same last name. He's easy to find on fb. Absolutely no pics of her on his fb.

She does not look 18, no way. This is a fake persona and weird.

I have to catch up with the thread but had to jump in with that.

jmo

Denver Area Schools Closed As Authorities Search For 'Armed And Dangerous' Woman
April 17, 20197:09 AM ET
Pais had not been charged with a crime as of Tuesday evening, Phillips told reporters. Phillips said the FBI was working with federal prosecutors and local authorities were working with local prosecutors to bring charges against Pais.
As of now, if Pais were found immediately, "we will certainly hold her for as long as we can legally," Phillips said.

F.B.I. Seeks Woman ‘Infatuated’ With Columbine; Denver Schools Are Closed

April 16, 2019
If authorities find Ms. Pais, it is not clear if they can arrest her. The bulletin sent to local police said they did not have probable cause for arrest, but that officers should detain her “and evaluate mental health status.”

I think they need to do better than hold her as long as they can legally! How absurd. She is a loaded cannon!!!

I think they need to do better than hold her as long as they can legally! How absurd. She is a loaded cannon!!!
She has a weapon. She planned to use it for something. Her picture is out, and imo she will likely use that weapon on herself. I'm probably wrong. Would be great though if they could examine her brain to see where that fascintaion for the Columbine tragedy really came from.

Wonder who is bankrolling this woman? Airplane ticket, food, gun, more food???

I hope she has not met a like minded person who she may be with?

It is strange she was able to fly to Colorado and buy and shotgun. WTH?

And LE had better come up with some charges fast that they can legally apprehend her with.

The threats must have come from somewhere so LE should be able to get that information and use it for charges as a threat to public safety.

She obviously is in need of mental help and sometimes the only way to ensure she gets it is to apprehend her since she appears to be a danger to society.

Sol Pais: Miami Beach students on Columbine threat suspect | Miami Herald
Classmates describe Columbine threat suspect Sol Pais as the manhunt continues
APRIL 17, 2019 | 10:04 AM
As law enforcement escalated its search for a Surfside teen suspected of making threats to Columbine High in Colorado, her classmates at Miami Beach High described her as smart and unassuming, if socially awkward at times.

[...]
The waif-thin teen was enrolled in AP and honors classes and usually kept to herself.

“She didn’t seem any type of way,” said Jusitn Norris, 18, a senior. “She was just bad at starting conversations.”

Another student, Eliana Donaire, said the girl was a classmate in several AP classes and was known to wear dark, baggy clothing that hung off her skinny frame.

“She was very quiet,” said Donaire, a 17-year-old senior. “I would usually see her doing homework ... she didn’t seem weird.”
[...]
She lived in Surfside, the small oceanside community just north of Miami Beach. Her parents reported her missing on Monday night. Surfside officers turned the case over to Miami Beach police detectives, who found her “deeply disturbed” online postings and immediately notified the FBI, according to a law-enforcement source.

[...]

She has a weapon. She planned to use it for something. Her picture is out, and imo she will likely use that weapon on herself. I'm probably wrong. Would be great though if they could examine her brain to see where that fascintaion for the Columbine tragedy really came from.
Let's hope everyone is safe, including her.

jmo

Classmates describe Columbine threat suspect Sol Pais as the manhunt continues
APRIL 17, 2019 | 10:04 AM
As law enforcement escalated its search for a Surfside teen suspected of making threats to Columbine High in Colorado, her classmates at Miami Beach High described her as smart and unassuming, if socially awkward at times.

[...]
The waif-thin teen was enrolled in AP and honors classes and usually kept to herself.

“She didn’t seem any type of way,” said Jusitn Norris, 18, a senior. “She was just bad at starting conversations.”

Another student, Eliana Donaire, said the girl was a classmate in several AP classes and was known to wear dark, baggy clothing that hung off her skinny frame.

“She was very quiet,” said Donaire, a 17-year-old senior. “I would usually see her doing homework ... she didn’t seem weird.”
[...]
She lived in Surfside, the small oceanside community just north of Miami Beach. Her parents reported her missing on Monday night. Surfside officers turned the case over to Miami Beach police detectives, who found her “deeply disturbed” online postings and immediately notified the FBI, according to a law-enforcement source.

Agents and officers quickly realized Pais had board
She really is 18?!?

Well, okay.

jmo

I hope she has not met a like minded person who she may be with?

It is strange she was able to fly to Colorado and buy and shotgun. WTH?

And LE had better come up with some charges fast that they can legally apprehend her with.

The threats must have come from somewhere so LE should be able to get that information and use it for charges as a threat to public safety.

She obviously is in need of mental help and sometimes the only way to ensure she gets it is to apprehend her since she appears to be a danger to society.

In my simple mind, seems they could charge her with domestic terrorism?

This article says she used a blog. Her postings were “deeply disturbed.” Anyone find it?

She may have also posted on the National Gun Forum using her name Sol Pais.

Here is what this article said. Can anyone find anything? Maybe LE pulled it?

"Sol Pais has had an “infatuation with Columbine and the perpetrators of Columbine,” authorities revealed. They said the comments were “mostly spoken.” However, they said there was no threat made toward a specific school. They didn’t reveal the specific comments.

The website and listography pages in the same name contain very disturbing comments."

Sol Pais: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I would assume ( not a great word)shes in a wig disguise ,staying at a cheap motel/ hotel in the area. Must have rented a car or Uber - Or is loitering in a park nearby.
How far can you get without a car -toting a shotgun in a bag. The gas stations, uber, taxis , hotel maids and mailmen can assist on this one. IMO

This is so scary to me. My kids go to school in the foothills but aren’t part of a district,and weren’t alerted. They were outside playing while she was who knows where.
I’m not sure it’s OK to say this, but, on my Nextdoor page someone felt really sure they saw her at Green Mountain Hayden Park trail yesterday. She was displaying odd behavior. Green Mountain is across the street from where my kids were. Scary stuff. I’m staying away from public places in that area today.

This is so scary to me. My kids go to school in the foothills but aren’t part of a district,and weren’t alerted. They were outside playing while she was who knows where.
I’m not sure it’s OK to say this, but, on my Nextdoor page someone felt really sure they saw her at Green Mountain Hayden Park trail yesterday. She was displaying odd behavior. Green Mountain is across the street from where my kids were. Scary stuff. I’m staying away from public places in that area today.

omg. Please stay safe and IMO only I would pull my kids out at least till things calm down some or they apprehend her.

I know a person cant keep their kids out of school forever if they dont catch her but at least for the immediate next couple days or so I would seriously consider taking my kids out of school if anywhere close to where she was reported to have been.

Please stay safe.

My fear is this girl is going to like the attention and her actions may escalate in the near future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back