CO - Sol Pais, Threats to Columbine High and 20 other schools

When did they immigrate from Argentina?

It reminds me of the sense of alienation some of the terrorists who had come from various countries and moved to western nations like Germany, and APPEARED to assimilate well. But they didn't. They felt apart. Trapped between two worlds.

I understand that a bit. As a child of immigrants there were things that stood out about me when I was young. I spoke differently. Dressed
Differently. Other kids and even their parents seemed to view me as not that American.

But in Europe I was viewed by my extended family and friends as not really belonging. As their "foreign" and very American relation. (I remember an aunt telling me "Gosh you even walk like an American!").

It can be super isolating and if someone has a mental health issue and/or feelings of entitlement, that can erupt into violent rages or psychosis.

I think immigrants who have a large immigrant community in the new nation tend to do better (as do their kids) because they have help assimilating but also holding on to a bit of home and a support network of people who are going through the same thing.

Belonging and being accepted are so important to mental health.

All good points.

As for her age, I am wondering if maybe she was a little older and maybe they wanted her to graduate from a US school so may have fibbed on her age to get her into Senior year to graduate and not feel out of place age-wise to the other kids.

If she was older then that alone would make her feel isolated somewhat as she would be much more mature than the other kids.

Wow. There are reports that she has died.

Perhaps she caused this uproar to get up the courage (for lack of a better word) to end her life. She knew she would be boxed in, caught.

I am relieved there were no injuries to others but find this incredibly sad for her. I might be the odd person out but I don't doubt her age, she looks like a very young woman to me.

I read some of her posts on the gun forum. I found it in a tweet using her first and last name (no # sign).

Also found this, the quote next to her photo was quoted in a news article.

Attachments

• 0CEB6FD4-10AC-43EE-8DAC-59B7633EFE8C.jpeg
    0CEB6FD4-10AC-43EE-8DAC-59B7633EFE8C.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 63
All good points.

As for her age, I am wondering if maybe she was a little older and maybe they wanted her to graduate from a US school so may have fibbed on her age to get her into Senior year to graduate and not feel out of place age-wise to the other kids.

If she was older then that alone would make her feel isolated somewhat as she would be much more mature than the other kids.

Curious. I could see her as 21 but 18? wow, just so weird.

I'm wondering why they don't change the name of the school. Just to avoid some of these weirdos.
Lots of people wonder that as well, including myself. Anytime there is a gun or school incident, the media in Denver flocks to Columbine to interview students. I fear that that constant keeping that school in the headlines just continues to make it a target and fuels those obsessed with its killers.

I am glad Sol did not force anyone else to take her life and I thank God no one else was harmed. I have to say, my heart is broken for the pain she was feeling. Just reading the lyrics she quoted, made me feel such intense sorrow and empathy for her and I wish she could have found help before everything lead to this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back