OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
One way to disappear is without a trace is to fall into a sewer drain. This is a new mall and development complex, and it appears that a series of drain accesses are located throughout the area, in place of open air runoff culverts. Looking on Google Earth, you can see these drain grates placed in various locations. Image attached is of a couple of drain grates in the grass in front of Crate and Barrel, with the Hilton in the background (this is due west of the Hilton). If one of these covers was off, one could disappear quickly. If you fell in, cell reception might be questionable. Then a maintenance worker replaces it the next day without a thought.

Second image shows the apparent outlet from the drains along Easton Way (Crate and Barrel), which flows into Alum Creek. Alum Creek then flows south and eventually connect to Big Walnut Creek southeast of Columbus.

Third image is of sewer drain line running into Alum Creek.

If this was an accident, some low percentage occurrences probably happened to result in Tyler's disappearance.
Great info!
ETA: I wonder what the wind chill factors were there in Dec & Jan and the possibility of frozen water still being present in deep enough water.

Last edited:
I don't know if it was a slip up, but they mention the name of the friend on the first podcast -- right around the 12 minute mark. I know we can't sleuth him, but his name is out there -- straight from BD's recollection of the evening.

The friend's name that is off limits is the one from the non-approved FB accounts. If the friend was in fact referred to on the podcast (as someone else mentioned, it may be a pseudonym), you may continue to refer to him as "the friend" or with first initial and asterisks (as in S**** or J**** or whatever). Members may discuss what was said by him or about him on the podcast, but you are correct that he still can't be sleuthed.

ETA: Above has been edited re name on podcast.

Last edited:
TOTALLY agree! And I definitely agree about the her intonation in the podcast, i noticed that also.
I also noticed those things and how she has so many details and information up until the moment the friend leaves her at the hotel. Then when they ask her about it, she pauses and kind of changes the subject. I felt like she was saying she was frustrated at the friend for some reason but she didn't really elaborate on that.

I’ve wondered the same. If he hit his head, it may not look like it was very hard, but it could have done damage. She said he fell, but didn’t mention hitting his head. So, idk. For all we know, he DID get picked up and is wandering around who knows where, unable to remember who he is or where he lives. Rarely, people are found in this condition. They end up at homeless shelters or someone takes them in. They get a job for a while, giving them income. That’s a possibility. I would think he would have his ID on him, though. Someone would certainly look at it and possibly help him get home. Unless he lost his wallet along the way. I’m totally thinking out loud. All jmo.
When it was asked over on the FB page before it went private, about wallet ID. It was said a small amount of money/phone was they only things he had on him. They didn’t say one way or the other about the wallet, just answered small amount of money and phone. My thoughts of it was a mugging drug deal gone bad that the person(s) would of got what they wanted and ditched the wallet.

How was the friend on the security camera walking hotel at 4:15 if he left after the phone call at 4:10? I assume her phone logs prove the call was at 4:10?

If she is correct about time, it sounds like he could have been checking on “something” from the direction Tyler was walking...

The thought of him falling in a sewer, meeting a random killer or running away to start a new life just don’t add up.

<modsnip: removed direct accusation>

Wouldn’t the body be floating right after it happened ?

Also, is it typical for police to withhold so much info? Do you think they are onto something?
Assuming he drowned and the lungs filled with water and he sank, it can days or even weeks for the body to float to the surface. The reason is as during decomposition the bacteria in the gut and chest cavity, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, and methane, have to build up to levels that produce enough gas to cause the body to swell and rise. In very cold weather or water, that process may be delayed even more.

Honestly i don't find the whole situation odd. Especially with how much they were drinking. People can judge and say "oh my god why would they invite their male friend" or "why did they go to the strip club". PEOPLE DO THAT. Its pretty normal. That doesn't mean they put their self in a murder-some situation. People do weird things when they're drunk. I often think I'm invincible when I'm drunk and that nothing bad would ever happen to me.
Brittany also said that they had invited more people but the others didn't come.

I agree that the whole going out, asking friends, and getting drunk story is totally normal. The thing is though people who have an accidental death of some sort are USUALLY found. It's very weird that there is no trace of him. And her telling of the story was also odd. I think that's more of the point here.

I don’t know what to think. Sometimes she seems sincere and sometimes she just seems like she’s telling a casual story with no emotion. I don’t think she had anything to do with this but I can’t shake the feeling of thinking her friend S**** didn’t either. Why leave? Just like the podcast said, yeah it was late, but BD was in a panic and he just leaves? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Also she mentions how he goes down one direction of the street and she went down the other to look for him. So then if that’s the case, she receives a call at 410, and they’re done looking by 415 when they catch him on camera? Did he pick the way he was going to search and intentionally look past something (having been out there earlier with him). Also how Long after this does he leave? Seems to me like he was in a hurry so maybe he did see something. Just doesn’t add up in my mind.

How old is the baby? My first thought while listening to this, I get that they have a weird schedule but does a child that young really sleep in until 1230 when they initially woke up that Saturday (overslept)? my child is now 6 and we have a pretty “normal” schedule but never has he ever slept in until noon.

Also wanted to add, I live outside of the Cincinnati area and have been to strip clubs numerous times, so I agree with some of the pps I don’t think that’s weird at all. Nothing about her story seems to be a red flag to me except for the friend leaving when he did and her taking up for him. I assume LE checked him out though.... (although she does mention that he’s techy, so I’d assume of anything was meant to happen by him, he would maybe know how to at least partially cover his tracks)

Just my two cents :)

Last edited:
I agree that the whole going out, asking friends, and getting drunk story is totally normal. The thing is though people who have an accidental death of some sort are USUALLY found. It's very weird that there is no trace of him. And her telling of the story was also odd. I think that's more of the point here.
Yes, it’s like WHERE is he? He has to be somewhere. Could he have been abducted if he walked farther than originally thought? It seems unlikely, but why hasn’t he been found.

[QUOTE="tiffran, post: 14992664, member:

How old is the baby? My first thought while listening to this, I get that they have a weird schedule but does a child that young really sleep in until 1230 when they initially woke up that Saturday (overslept)? my child is now 6 and we have a pretty “normal” schedule but never has he ever slept in until noon.

[/QUOTE]

I caught that too... about them sleeping in until 1230.. and I thought... hmmmmm Never heard of a child sleeping in that late...

After listening to BD’s tone, intonation, and the way she relates the story coupled with the actions on the Facebook pages etc.... I still feel like something is off.

The extra details, the way in which she states them with a forced enthusiasm or nonchalant attitude are just throwing me off. I find it odd that they would make the Facebook page private, why even have one if you aren’t looking for the public’s help? Several times someone posted pertinent questions that were deleted by the admins with no answer given. Why?

In the podcast she’s got a million details that are not relevant, but has none when it comes to the pertinent time frame or encounters. In the podcast the narrator states that BD has been trying to get interviews with anyone that would listen, and she also states over and over again that her and the friend are not involved etc. She seems really to be trying to control how she’s seen and talked about.

The quote “the lady doth protest too much” comes to mind.
Wish there was a love button for your post. I have an issue with her tone and way too many facts no one needs. I do wonder how if they have been together two or three years that they have never been out drinking before...yet she is a bartender...and they go away 3 times a year but never drank at a bar before this night? Was there a plan? The description of his drinks was interesting also. I hope for his family’s sake he is found sooner than later so they can have much needed closure.

This case has suddenly generated a lot of attention, which is good, yet Columbus PD seems to forget it exists as far as the media goes?? Also if BD is to be believed, LE has denied them and other organizations the opportunity to search areas for Tyler.

My question is why? I’ve seldom seen a missing persons case where LE doesn’t plead for help or tips from the community. Just today here about an hour from Columbus we had a gentleman, Lonya Clark, that went missing suddenly in February and LE was all over the media, doing searches, asking for help etc. They found his body a few days ago, they said he was murdered and dumped in the river near where he washed up. I mean it seemed like all the time LE was at least mentioning it. So what’s with the silence on Tyler?

Maybe waiting to see what details BD and the friend let slip out as time passes???

This case has suddenly generated a lot of attention, which is good, yet Columbus PD seems to forget it exists as far as the media goes?? Also if BD is to be believed, LE has denied them and other organizations the opportunity to search areas for Tyler.

My question is why? I’ve seldom seen a missing persons case where LE doesn’t plead for help or tips from the community. Just today here about an hour from Columbus we had a gentleman, Lonya Clark, that went missing suddenly in February and LE was all over the media, doing searches, asking for help etc. They found his body a few days ago, they said he was murdered and dumped in the river near where he washed up. I mean it seemed like all the time LE was at least mentioning it. So what’s with the silence on Tyler?

Maybe waiting to see what details BD and the friend let slip out as time passes???
My sons and I really liked Leo! So very sad.

A few lingering questions:

1. It seems like from BD’s account on TCG where she reflects the questions about the Hilton cameras being able to confirm her story, that it’s possible no camera footage exists showing the trio get out of the Uber or her go inside? Her key card should have logged when the room was entered, correct? Does the Hilton only have cameras facing a small portion outside? You’d think if her story can be backed up with footage that she would be screaming it from the rooftops, not deflecting the question.

2. A lot of posters here have speculated that she sounds off, not necessarily that she did something to Tyler, but that perhaps she knows more than she’s saying or is covering up a part of the night. My question is why on God’s earth if your husband, father of your child, best friend by all accounts, went missing for this long would you hold ANY details back? Even if they were using drugs that night she can’t be prosecuted for possession or anything now, right? No matter what it is, I’d admit to it if it meant finding my husband. It is possible that she has told LE more, but wouldn’t it be suspicious to LE if you went all over media extensively reciting the story and you leave out that you were doing drugs or had a threesome thing going etc? From the beginning I have always felt like protecting her own image and the image of the friend has been a priority for her. Makes me wonder why.

3. Again, why would LE tell professional search teams such as Texas Equusearch no when they offer to help? BD and her family admins stated this on the FB page before it was privatized. Usually LE doesn’t allow searches if they have reasonable intelligence about what actually happened. My take, they don’t want those professionals to waste their time. I saw somewhere that TE conducted the sonar imaging of two ponds I think, but were denied doing any more. Seems odd. I’d like to hear other ideas on why LE would deny professional groups (I could understand them saying no to citizen groups with no training) the ability to search.

4. Where in the world are Tyler’s parents on this?? BD has said that there’s NO way Tyler would leave his mom and dad willingly because they are so close. So where the hell are they in the media or on social media etc? Just seems to be BD and her family cronies controlling everything. Perhaps they don’t have anything nice to say about BD so they aren’t saying anything at all for their grandchild’s sake?

5. Assuming that no camera footage picked them up at the Hilton, couldn’t it be theoretically possible that Tyler didn’t make those calls, but the friend (or someone else) did to make it seem like Tyler was fine and make an alibi for both of them? We can’t hear what was said in records after all. I wonder if cell companies can tell if a device died or was powered down deliberately.

So many unanswered questions, half stories, and exaggerated detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken