GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never-before-heard 911 call from one of 13 children trapped in home - YouTube
YouTube › watch

Published on Apr 18, 2019
J***** Turpin, 17, can be heard in 911 audio exclusively obtained by ABC News telling the operator some of her siblings were "chained up to their bed."

YouTube › watch

J***** Turpin, 17, can be heard in 911 audio exclusively obtained by ABC News telling the operator some of her siblings were "chained up to their bed."

Oh my heart... I know we have all read about this nightmare in detail but to hear her voice on the 911 call.... I'm in tears. What an absolutely brave young lady!

YouTube › watch

I wish we could hear the entire call.

Friday, April 19th:
*Sentencing Hearing for both (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018, Perris) - *David Allen Turpin (57) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 8 counts of perjury for "filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a fulltime education in a private day school. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
*Louise Ann Turpin (49) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment, 1 count of felony assault. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
Court hearings from 1/24/18 thru 10/5/18 - reference post #736 here: GUILTY - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12
2/22/19 Update: David & Louise Turpin have accepted a plea deal and will not go to trial. The possible max sentence which they could receive is life in prison. The Turpins pleaded guilty to 14 counts each. Sentencing is set for April 19.

One neighbour, who shares a back fence with the Turpins’ former home and spoke on the condition she wasn’t named, has lived in her house for about four years. Remarkably, she didn’t even know there were children living in the house over the fence until after their parents were arrested and charged with 14 felony counts of abusing and imprisoning 12 of their 13 kids.
‘House of horrors’: ‘Lights were on inside the home all night long’, neighbour says

Let's hope this one works.

Turpin ‘House of Horrors’ 911 Call: ‘We Live in Filth’

Yep, it played perfectly. I'm in Oz.

Thanks.

This has some visuals that I've never seen before.

What time is the sentencing today?

And I see from this video that her (mother) sister Eli***eth was interviewed, and she will be there today.

I’ve transcribed the 911 call in case this video doesn’t work for everyone. O = 911 Operator.

O. What’s your name?
J. Jordan Turpin.

J. OK. I live in a family of 15 people and my parents are abusive. They abuse us and my two little sisters right now are chained up.

O. And how many of your siblings are tied up?
J. Two of my sisters. One of my brothers.

O. How are they tied up – with rope or with what?
J. With chains. They’re chained up to their bed.

J. We live in filth and sometimes I wake up and I can’t breathe because of how dirty the house is.

O. When was the last time you had a bath?
J. I don’t know. Almost a year ago.

J. I’ve never been out. I don’t go out much so I don’t know anything about the streets or anything.

O. Are you home schooled?
J. No, we don’t do school. Our mother tells people we’re private schooled and she has a fake private school set up but we don’t really do school. I haven’t finished first grade and I’m 17.

J. I don’t know much about my mother. She doesn’t like us. She doesn’t spend time with us ever. They are chained up to their bed.

I’ve never heard of anything like this in my life, and I’m no spring chicken. How can Louise’s sister not have known there was something very, very wrong for all these years? I can't understand how all those children were so quiet that no-one knew they lived in the house. They must have been gagged, threatened, beaten or punished to be so quiet. This woman and her husband ... I can't bring myself to call them parents ... deserve to spend the rest of their days in prison. I just can't get over how shocking this is. Their lives will hopefully seem like heaven on earth now that they're free. Bless them all.

According to Brian Rokos's live tweets today (he works for the Press-Enterprise), it does appear that some of the Turpin siblings ("children") will make an appearance, and perhaps even speak.

I searched on Twitter, and I could not find. Do you have a link? And what time is it today?

E t a - I found it. The quote was

"Brian Rokos
@Brian_Rokos
·
31m
Jack Osborn, attorney for the eight adult Turpin children, is at the courthouse, leading to the belief that some of the children will appear. “You’ll know soon enough,”’he told me"

That to me sounds different from your interpretation that
"it does appear" children will make an appearance.

Brian Rokos (@Brian_Rokos) on Twitter

If I were summarizing, I would merely state that the lawyer for the children are going to be there. I would not project that the children are going to be there due to his appearance because I would think that would be expected for their lawyer to be there, whether they were there or not. And if the children were there, I would expect a lawyer to be with the children not hanging around interacting with media.

Appreciate your input and opinion .

Hugs and prayers to the children whether they aren't there or not.

Last edited:
I searched on Twitter, and I could not find. Do you have a link? And what time is it today
Not sure if this is allowed due to TOS, but it is a MSM twitter account, so here it is: Brian Rokos (@Brian_Rokos) | Twitter
Courtroom not yet open to media or public.
I believe the official time of the hearing is 8:30 am local time (California). But they are a bit delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks