ND - Several bodies found at Mandan business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Co-owner of business where 4 slain says she has no clue why

Here is the latest article. After reading this, along with what Rolf Eggers has said regarding CI, I can’t make myself believe the motive was financial. This was very personal. I have a theory, but can’t share it or how I came to it in its entirety according to the rules (which I don’t want to violate bc I love this site). I think I can state that IMO, the 4 that were killed weren’t even the ones he was after. He wanted to get his message across & unfortunately they were there, instead of the two he was looking for. I’m going to stick with the feeling (for now) that this is going to be related to his ex wife and/or daughter.

MOO of course

Jackie Fakler said RJR officials had few interactions with Isaak, who lived in a mobile home park the company had begun managing just last June. Marketing executive Ben Pace called those few interactions "all very normal."

Fakler said rumors that RJR was raising Isaak's rent or had ordered him to get rid of his dog are false.

"I don't think anything could make sense out of it, no matter what," she said.

Robert Fakler, 52, and employees Adam Fuehrer, 42, and married co-workers Lois Cobb, 45, and William "Bill" Cobb, 50, were shot or stabbed to death before the business opened that Monday. Jackie Fakler said the four victims typically came to work early. It also wasn't uncommon to have an unlocked door while there were workers on the premises.

"This is like home to a lot of people, and it's like being at home and leaving your front door unlocked while you're home," Pace said.

The victims were in different areas of the building and were killed within 13 minutes, according to Fakler. The Cobbs were in the office area; Fakler and Fuehrer in the back shop area.

Police followed evidence from surveillance video at RJR and other businesses to arrest Isaak three days after the slayings. Court documents allege Isaak took one of the company's vehicles, drove about a block, then walked to his own truck parked in the area. Fakler said it wasn't unusual for Bill Cobb to leave a company truck running with the keys in it.
[...]
She and Pace credited police with making a quick arrest but said they are not privy to much more information than the public. Fakler said she's relieved with the arrest "but then now you're flooded with all the questions — why? What could have been so horrible that he had to take four people's lives?"
bbm

Well that takes care of a couple of my guesses and speculation, not that they nor any reason has ever seemed like a good enough reason for four senseless deaths.

I am not surprised the victims do not know much more about the investigation but I am surprised they do not have any idea of his motive, it just seemed the likely connection.

He apparently did not confess and give his reasons to authorities upon arrest.

The lack of a why has to be even harder for the families. Thus far, it seems senseless.

Seattle1 from article said:
MANDAN, N.D. - UPDATE: Isaak's hearing has been moved to May 14.

ORIGINAL STORY: The next hearing for the Washburn man accused of murdering four people in Mandan has been scheduled.

Court records show 44-year-old Chad Isaak is scheduled to appear in court on May 13 for a preliminary hearing.
The prelim is scheduled for 9 a.m. with Judge Gail Hagerty.

In regards to the above where they have 2 different dates & wrong time in the article. From the court site:

05/13/2019CANCELED Preliminary Hearing and/or Arraignment (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Hagerty, Gail)
Other

05/14/2019 Preliminary Hearing and/or Arraignment (3:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Hagerty, Gail)

link: http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=4208012

In regards to the above where they have 2 different dates & wrong time in the article. From the court site:

05/13/2019CANCELED Preliminary Hearing and/or Arraignment (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Hagerty, Gail)
Other

05/14/2019 Preliminary Hearing and/or Arraignment (3:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Hagerty, Gail)

link: http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=4208012

Thanks for correct date and time.

Actually, the news "update" was to correct the date to 5/14/19 but update did not provide the time. Perhaps it will be changed yet again if/when he chooses counsel.

welp there goes my theory
hmmm .....

I’m sure the connections/relation(ships) my theory is based on are 98.9% coincidental & it will be out the window soon too, so I hear you!

But in this case it is super hard to accept the fact that there is no theory, he may not have had a motive, and just woke up Sunday & decided he was going to go murder some innocent people the next day. Now I almost wish it was financial as with every tiny detail that comes out it’s looking more and more like he had nothing, or what he did have was so sideways no one will ever be able to guess it. Just like none of us ever guessed it would be a chiropractor living in Washburn, ND that would be accused of this.

I think it’s time for me to start reading up on the “injustice collectors” I’ve seen referenced here so many times.

Here is the latest article. After reading this, along with what Rolf Eggers has said regarding CI, I can’t make myself believe the motive was financial. This was very personal. I have a theory, but can’t share it or how I came to it in its entirety according to the rules (which I don’t want to violate bc I love this site). I think I can state that IMO, the 4 that were killed weren’t even the ones he was after. He wanted to get his message across & unfortunately they were there, instead of the two he was looking for. I’m going to stick with the feeling (for now) that this is going to be related to his ex wife and/or daughter.

MOO of course

You read my mind....

I’m sure the connections/relation(ships) my theory is based on are 98.9% coincidental & it will be out the window soon too, so I hear you!

But in this case it is super hard to accept the fact that there is no theory, he may not have had a motive, and just woke up Sunday & decided he was going to go murder some innocent people the next day. Now I almost wish it was financial as with every tiny detail that comes out it’s looking more and more like he had nothing, or what he did have was so sideways no one will ever be able to guess it. Just like none of us ever guessed it would be a chiropractor living in Washburn, ND that would be accused of this.

I think it’s time for me to start reading up on the “injustice collectors” I’ve seen referenced here so many times.

I mentioned that I think he is an injustice collector too but I thought his injustices were finance-related.

I find it interesting that RJR doesn't know of a motive. That tells me he didn't have a rent problem. No eviction, etc... (At least it sounds that way). I wonder if any of the victims knew the motive. I think the police must have a theory otherwise they may have shared more by now. Who knows?! I don't just trying to think....

Last edited:
I find it interesting that RJR doesn't know of a motive. That tells me he didn't have a rent problem. No eviction, etc... (At least it sounds that way). I wonder if any of the victims knew the motive. I think the police must have a theory otherwise they may have shared more by now. Who knows?! I don't just trying to think....

None that they think is significant. It could have been as simple as someone answered the phone and he perceived they were rude towards him.

Yes... You can 'insult' someone without knowing.

I just finished watching ID network as I write this. A man who killed four people in a dealership did it because he felt/perceived they "disrespected" him when he had been in there. Until he confessed, due to being caught for another horrible crime, they were convinced the wife of the dealership owner did it and her reputation was about destroyed and LE was centered on her. It struck me as so similar to this crime, I thought I would mention it.

It was the Superbike murders but he was arrested first for having killed a woman's boyfriend and keeping her chained as a hostage and raped and he planned a "future" with her when the day came he could trust her and did not need to chain her like a dog in a locker. When arrested for that, he eventually confessed he was responsible for the Superbike murders. They were two entirely different types of crimes and unconnected except he was the perp.

Kala Brown was the victim kept in a shipping locker in a totally unrelated crime.

Todd Kohlhepp is the perp in all of these things. The crimes were nothing alike and he was never a suspect in the Superbike murders. Notably, he also claimed he shot Kala's boyfriend because he said or did something he did not like either (disrespect) and then went on to control Kala after shooting her bf in front of her. In the Superbike murders, it was disrespect he felt as well. With Kala and her bf it appeared planned and he lured them to the property.

This has me really rethinking this. It may be nothing to do with something like this but boy, it sure brought this crime to mind. When it was found who did the Superbike murders, he was on no one's radar nor known to the owner's wife, etc.

A
None that they think is significant. It could have been as simple as someone answered the phone and he perceived they were rude towards him.

IMO there's more to it than a simple rude remark. There's more of a connection. CI probably received rude remarks fairly often given his work history. He drove too far and planned too much - even though sloppy. If it was a rude remark, it had to have been extremely extremely harsh to warrant his sick brain to retaliate.

A

IMO there's more to it than a simple rude remark. There's more of a connection. CI probably received rude remarks fairly often given his work history. He drove too far and planned too much - even though sloppy. If it was a rude remark, it had to have been extremely extremely harsh to warrant his sick brain to retaliate.

But so far no one has any idea his connection to the employees at the rental agency. I don't think the man who committed the Superbike murders had any connection just felt he was ripped off.

I think the woman was the target since her throat was cut and the others weren't. Her and CI are close in age, maybe they crossed paths (wether she's a patient of his or not) and he felt rejected, disrespected or something? Of course that's no excuse.

Jmo

Well that takes care of a couple of my guesses and speculation, not that they nor any reason has ever seemed like a good enough reason for four senseless deaths.

I am not surprised the victims do not know much more about the investigation but I am surprised they do not have any idea of his motive, it just seemed the likely connection.

He apparently did not confess and give his reasons to authorities upon arrest.

The lack of a why has to be even harder for the families. Thus far, it seems senseless.

What you said, but also that he has not obtained an attorney. Of any kind?? Why?? Would you not want someone working diligently on your defense as soon as possible? Assuming he is going to have some type of defense planned, as he has not pled guilty. Of course he can always represent himself which would lead me to believe he has some type of mental illness. Maybe a psychotic break, I don't know I am completely baffled

But so far no one has any idea his connection to the employees at the rental agency. I don't think the man who committed the Superbike murders had any connection just felt he was ripped off.
But that's still a connection, as ridiculous as it seems. He felt he was wronged by the bike shop. He however was a psychopath and killed other people as well. There is a connection somewhere, however small or insignificant it may be. Killers chose a victim based one something..convenience, location, size, opportunity, etc. IMO he did not pick them randomly, it was premeditated. I just have ZERO clue, I mean it could have been completely made up in his head. An interaction that he read or interrupted the wrong way. Only time and the court will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305