OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but looking at the google location data, if we’re talking about what’s also called Google Timeline, it actually tracks and identifies your exact path/mode of transportation.

I could be wrong here, but me knowingly, that’s the only service pre installed and offered by google that would track your location in that way.

If so, LE should know more than what was told in TCG.

(New member - TCG led me here)
I definitely have faith that LE knows what's happening in this case. The fact that they didn't say anything to Dateline speaks volumes to me.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but looking at the google location data, if we’re talking about what’s also called Google Timeline, it actually tracks and identifies your exact path/mode of transportation.

I could be wrong here, but me knowingly, that’s the only service pre installed and offered by google that would track your location in that way.

RBBM
Welcome! I hope you are right.

I have not listened to her interview because I've read here what she had to say and I am not one to care about how she is presenting herself. I (respectfully!) dislike all the judging about her demeanor, voice, laughing, etc. People are different. Not everyone reacts to things the same. Some people are flighty, some people are very descriptive, some people are negative, etc.; these personality traits don't change in a stressful situation - they are likely exaggerated. I know I use a lot of superlatives and lose my train of thought often... I can't tell a story from start to finish to save my life. I will start into details (that don't even matter) and get off on a tangent and forget what I started off talking about.... :oops:

That said, I do believe BD and/or the friend are leaving out something that they don't think is important (for whatever reason), which makes them seem less credible.

Edited to add: I keep thinking maybe they just got fed up with his drunk behavior and that is what they are hiding. I know the annoyance of being the sober one and being irritated with someone.
Also, that question was rhetorical! Not me being a jerk :)

I'm not 100% sure about that. All I know is that as the "owners" of the account, they have access to all the info. The most important to start would be incoming and out going calls and texts with time stamps. Also, since he wasn't on wifi, I think all incoming and outgoing social media messages and calls would be logged with data usage. I would like to know if she is on their account as well. If so, they would have granted access. I think it's a little easier for the accouny owner to say, yes LE can have access to absolutely everything you have on this number than having to go through the courts to get the company to hand it over.

I am just starting to follow this case, but I saw Verizon mentioned. I am on smy dad's vetizon plan. The thing that is unique that lots of other carriers don't have is when you look at the account online, you can see every single text message I sent and received. Not the content, but the number, what time I sent, what time I received. Also it was a regular text or a multimedia / photo message. Also every phone call with minutes in or out is on the bill. If nothing else, they will see who he was contacting / when the last time he called or text was , any numbers that are dialed often. I leave my gps off (drains my battery) and when I go out, I turn off wifi and use my phones Internet service. So unless he turned off both, I would think they could get a fairly good timeline and track of where he was.

Ok so about the two rooms vs one room (suite) at the hilton...looked at the website. First of all, all i can book are jr suites (one room with pull out couch) and those are $319!!!!!! I tried to look up a one bedroom suite (two total rooms) and could not find ANY availability on that type of room. In my experience, large hotels like this usually save those suites for vip's from the conventions that are staying there (or weddings, etc.) seems pretty pricey for ANYONE let alone a young couple working nights as a fast food manager and bartender.

I am just starting to follow this case, but I saw Verizon mentioned. I am on smy dad's vetizon plan. The thing that is unique that lots of other carriers don't have is when you look at the account online, you can see every single text message I sent and received. Not the content, but the number, what time I sent, what time I received. Also it was a regular text or a multimedia / photo message. Also every phone call with minutes in or out is on the bill. If nothing else, they will see who he was contacting / when the last time he called or text was , any numbers that are dialed often. I leave my gps off (drains my battery) and when I go out, I turn off wifi and use my phones Internet service. So unless he turned off both, I would think they could get a fairly good timeline and track of where he was.
And, I swear at least 4 of my apps require my location to be on for them to work. Even the amazon app.
Ok so about the two rooms vs one room (suite) at the hilton...looked at the website. First of all, all i can book are jr suites (one room with pull out couch) and those are $319!!!!!! I tried to look up a one bedroom suite (two total rooms) and could not find ANY availability on that type of room. In my experience, large hotels like this usually save those suites for vip's from the conventions that are staying there (or weddings, etc.) seems pretty pricey for ANYONE let alone a young couple working nights as a fast food manager and bartender.
Someone pointed out that they could have received their tax return if they had filed at the end of January. I've stayed at some places that my family has gotten really good deals on. It could have been a discount season? I wonder what the desk clerk from the hotel has to say about that night.

I'm not 100% sure about that. All I know is that as the "owners" of the account, they have access to all the info. The most important to start would be incoming and out going calls and texts with time stamps. Also, since he wasn't on wifi, I think all incoming and outgoing social media messages and calls would be logged with data usage. I would like to know if she is on their account as well. If so, they would have granted access. I think it's a little easier for the accouny owner to say, yes LE can have access to absolutely everything you have on this number than having to go through the courts to get the company to hand it over.

Data traffic can be incredibly hard to decipher. You’d have data traffic spike as a call/message or similar is made through WhatsApp or other communication service. Problem is, from my knowledge of logs connected to cell towers, the service IP will be tracked but that’s about it, and unfortunately, that says very little as apps of that sort is in constant communication with their respective servers.

Logical step for LE would be to then request that traffic from e.g Facebook or whatever company owning the communication apps they were using at the time.

Looking at the gps off scenario, can’t remember the exact wording in TCG, but the Abbott location should be pretty late in the timeline, closer to when the supposed battery shutoff occurs.

If these two do not align on the timeline, turning off location data and possible even data entirely would be a logical move from his side to save battery.

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't they see the exact path he took, at least up until his phone died?

I was a bit confused about what she said on the TCG podcast about LE seeing he was near an area at some point that night/morning (forgive me.. I can't remember what they called the place).

I don't believe any of them were sober. And, according to her he NEVER got mad or aggressive. She had never seen him get in an argument (I guess, except for this one time with the bouncer at the club) before. So which is it, he is a drunk belligerent raging jerk, or he is never gets out of control because "he doesn't play games" ?

I am thinking he gets to be a belligerent raging jerk...at one point she said she woke up up second because of how he is when woken up after drinking. Alcohol leads to bad judgement. Tyler should have not been allowed to go walking alone in his condition...at best he should have been at least followed. Drunk...tired...disoriented for whatever reason is not someone to be out on their own on a freezing night especially not knowing the lay of the land.
My problem is him wandering around and going to return, and BD being upset...the good guy friend leaves....
At one point it was discussed friend was gonna crash on the couch...but suddenly leaves...without his best friend being back at hotel.....that is a huge issue for me. Only the three of them know...Brittany brushed over that part imo, the friend hasn’t come forward with a statement and Tyler is missing. I believe that the police do know and that’s why they have been rather quiet. Silence always speaks volumes.

If I remember correctly, they only had one room and 2 room keys. Tyler had one key in his wallet and the friend had the other in case they got separated and he needed to crash in their room. When TD and the friend walked off, they gave one of the keys to BD.

Hi guys,

Recently heard about this case on TCG and I really feel for Tyler's wife. I believe her. There's too many details and too much camera footage/too much at stake for her to be lying about something. I think she's telling every detail she can. Just my opinion though!

Just as an exercise, I did a Google street view and a "virtual" walk around the hotel area. I do this often before visiting places or staying in an area just to get the vibes and see what is walkable. I'm also a runner so I pay a lot of attention to where would be a good path, and do this for that reason as well. Putting myself in Tyler's shoes I "walked" around the general area -- just based on where looked like an easy stroll and like i could easily get back to the hotel. I don't recall which way his wife had said he walked, so I could be wrong about him taking off on the same route I did. But either way he could have ended up the same place I did. On my first attempt/just following where I would walk or run following my gut instinct, I immediately ended up in the woods as well. GRANTED these Google images might not be up to date, so I'm curious if any of you are locals whether you could confirm this landscape on Google images street view taking this course still would look the same way today.

Even if he just walked along the sidewalk near the woods, he may have considered it "walking through the woods" -- or maybe he walked down a little path just for a moment to smoke or get away from the roadside.

If you do the street view and follow my path (attached) you can see how his view would be exactly of the hilton from these woods. And it does not seem like a difficult walk to get here, even though you cross a couple roads.

I say all this to say... A theory that immediately crossed my mind after doing this is that he was possibly hit by a speeding or drunk driver while trying to cross one of those main roads to go back to the hotel, and someone decided they didn't want to get into trouble OR tried to get him to a hospital but he didn't make it and then got scared. Just a theory. My second thought is that someone stopped and took him (for reasons I would not know) off that same roadway. What do you guys think? Feel free to disagree just wanted to throw my thoughts out there in the off chance that they can help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.55.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.55.07 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Hi guys,

Recently heard about this case on TCG and I really feel for Tyler's wife. I believe her. There's too many details and too much camera footage/too much at stake for her to be lying about something. I think she's telling every detail she can. Just my opinion though!

Just as an exercise, I did a Google street view and a "virtual" walk around the hotel area. I do this often before visiting places or staying in an area just to get the vibes and see what is walkable. I'm also a runner so I pay a lot of attention to where would be a good path, and do this for that reason as well. Putting myself in Tyler's shoes I "walked" around the general area -- just based on where looked like an easy stroll and like i could easily get back to the hotel. I don't recall which way his wife had said he walked, so I could be wrong about him taking off on the same route I did. But either way he could have ended up the same place I did. On my first attempt/just following where I would walk or run following my gut instinct, I immediately ended up in the woods as well. GRANTED these Google images might not be up to date, so I'm curious if any of you are locals whether you could confirm this landscape on Google images street view taking this course still would look the same way today.

Even if he just walked along the sidewalk near the woods, he may have considered it "walking through the woods" -- or maybe he walked down a little path just for a moment to smoke or get away from the roadside.

If you do the street view and follow my path (attached) you can see how his view would be exactly of the hilton from these woods. And it does not seem like a difficult walk to get here, even though you cross a couple roads.

I say all this to say... A theory that immediately crossed my mind after doing this is that he was possibly hit by a speeding or drunk driver while trying to cross one of those main roads to go back to the hotel, and someone decided they didn't want to get into trouble OR tried to get him to a hospital but he didn't make it and then got scared. Just a theory. My second thought is that someone stopped and took him (for reasons I would not know) off that same roadway. What do you guys think? Feel free to disagree just wanted to throw my thoughts out there in the off chance that they can help.

I totally agree with your theories that he could have been injured by a vehicle and taken due to the perpetrators being scared, however, even at that time of night it’s busy around Easton. In that kind of scenario I’d be really surprised no one saw a busted up car suspiciously parked or putting something in the trunk etc.

On your first part about how you trust the wife based upon there’s too much cctv footage to back up her story, she stated that she went inside the hotel where they must not have had footage, and no where has anyone said they have any of the three on camera. We’ve all seemed to believe they must be on camera since hotels have cameras, but it doesn’t sound like they were based upon the TCG interview and her statements on the Facebook page before it was closed. Someone asked on that page if the cameras backed up her story to which an admin said no cameras caught Tyler or the three of them, then that whole comment was deleted shortly after. It’s not that I think she did it, I just don’t think something adds up.

What I want to know is when/if a keycard was used to access the room and at what times.

What is your feeling about the wife’s integrity do you think she’s telling the truth?
I listened to her interview on the True Crime Garage podcast. And also tried to keep in mind that they had all been drinking so her memory might not be 100 percent. She referred to receipts and phone records to recreate the night/time line. She cleared up the "argument" question for me. Evidently TD wakes up grumpy and that was the problem after the Uber ride. He was exhausted, drunk and disoriented. His friend has known him for years and offered to walk it off with him..have a smoke and cool off (my words).
I found BD to be believable but the whole situation rubs me the wrong way. Mostly because his friend returned without him and left before TD made it back to the hotel.

Why didnt he go up and crash in the room until TD returned? Also, why has he remained quiet and doesnt want to be identified publically? If he is a life long friend, why isnt he front and center backing BD up and looking for his friend? Did he leave BD after the 4:10 phone call, find TD and then something terrible happened?

On TCG, she said they had two rooms and told the friend he could sleep on the couch of one of them if he was too tired to drive. Is it strange that they had two rooms reserved to themselves for this occasion?

I had to go back and listen to that part again because I thought she said 2 rooms tooq...she actually said 2 room keys. They gave one to the friend in case they were separated and he needed to crash in their room.

If she was so worried about her phone being charged that she left him alone why would she go back out only “a few minutes later” after going up to charge it? A few minutes couldn’t have given her much battery life, and I’m guessing if charging the phone was so important she wouldn’t have left it upstairs when she came down to join Tyler on his walk. Plus she said “then Tyler called me” this is when he said he’d be right back. The whole story is confusing. Between the original article and her original story, the story posted by Missy which was told to her, and the new story, it’s all VERY different. Too much dateline and crime shows makes me wonder about a love triangle gone wrong.

Hmmm another thought -- has anyone talked to their uber driver to confirm any "arguments" or what their convo was?

I listened to her interview on the True Crime Garage podcast. And also tried to keep in mind that they had all been drinking so her memory might not be 100 percent. She referred to receipts and phone records to recreate the night/time line. She cleared up the "argument" question for me. Evidently TD wakes up grumpy and that was the problem after the Uber ride. He was exhausted, drunk and disoriented. His friend has known him for years and offered to walk it off with him..have a smoke and cool off (my words).
I found BD to be believable but the whole situation rubs me the wrong way. Mostly because his friend returned without him and left before TD made it back to the hotel.

Why didnt he go up and crash in the room until TD returned? Also, why has he remained quiet and doesnt want to be identified publically? If he is a life long friend, why isnt he front and center backing BD up and looking for his friend? Did he leave BD after the 4:10 phone call, find TD and then something terrible happened?

My thought is that he was being a little bit selfish that night by wanting to just go home and forget the drama. Based on some other posts who said he's much of a prankster/maybe has drama happening often...my instinct is that he just assumed this was another crazy night and didn't take it seriously. Not sure it's anything more than that. And I'm sure he feels bad about it but also realizes it makes him look very bad and now is trying to stay out of it. Just my impression though.

Hmmm another thought -- has anyone talked to their uber driver to confirm any "arguments" or what their convo was?

That information has not been released publicly, however, it’s a safe bet that he/she has been spoken with. LE has not released any details to the public except the original missing persons statement given to the media which was not the full story we now know from BD’s interactions with media. LE knows something here they just aren’t saying yet. My guess, dotting their I’s and crossing their T’s before they make a move.

Did the friend drive a car to the Hitlton that night or also arrive in the Uber car?

I could be wrong but I thought in BD's interview she said that the friend fell asleep on the ride back too?? it sounded like the friend drove to the hotel, the three of them went out for the evening and ubered both ways, then friend left in his car from the hotel. Also, i'll add here that I dont think it's that strange that the friend departed quickly. I dont think he intended to stay the night. just needed a ride back to his car so he could go home after a very long night. Then his friend started acting kinda crazy and he wanted to leave. He didn't think anything of it. (Just my theory)

I totally agree with your theories that he could have been injured by a vehicle and taken due to the perpetrators being scared, however, even at that time of night it’s busy around Easton. In that kind of scenario I’d be really surprised no one saw a busted up car suspiciously parked or putting something in the trunk etc.

On your first part about how you trust the wife based upon there’s too much cctv footage to back up her story, she stated that she went inside the hotel where they must not have had footage, and no where has anyone said they have any of the three on camera. We’ve all seemed to believe they must be on camera since hotels have cameras, but it doesn’t sound like they were based upon the TCG interview and her statements on the Facebook page before it was closed. Someone asked on that page if the cameras backed up her story to which an admin said no cameras caught Tyler or the three of them, then that whole comment was deleted shortly after. It’s not that I think she did it, I just don’t think something adds up.

What I want to know is when/if a keycard was used to access the room and at what times.

You may be right about busy traffic. I don't know anything about the area but I would assume it might slow down a little at 4am???

As for the camera footage, it's not so much whether they found the actual footage or not, it would take a lot of thought and planning to come up with a story that would line up with camera footage that COULD show up (in BD/friend's case of not knowing what the heck the investigation would uncover it would be a biggggggggggg risk to make up a whole scenario with the hope that somehow the evidence wouldnt uncover something else). And why would they do that? Because they killed him? Because there was some accident? There wasnt enough time to come up with a cover story. I just don't buy it personally. (but i invite all to prove me wrong lol) I have a hard time believing they're hiding anything. The only thing I think she might have not disclosed is if they smoke weed/maybe he was smoking pot in the woods not just ciggy. But that doesnt change anything and I kinda think it was just a cig personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy