OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to play devil's advocate here, but BD is a bartender. It's not totally outside the realm of possibility that being a bartender, she doesn't have a desire to go and hang out at bars on her time off as she may feel like she's still in a work environment in such establishments. For example, I used to run a movie theater and on my days off I wouldn't want to go see movies at my theater or any other as I felt like my time off was my escape from there.

I can see that. My question is how long was she a bartender? Follow up, how long as she been a SAHM? She is 23. Not sure the laws in OH. I know there are some weird ones. But, in a lot of states, you can't bartend until your 21 because it requires special classes. She would have gotten pregnant at 20-21 (ish), had her son at 21- 22 (ish), and turned 23 in Feb. I m only giving a range because we have no idea when they son's birthday is. I worked as an usher at a movie theater in high school. And, I never wanted to be there when I wasn't working. But, it didn't span my post theater employment.
I don't believe that if they went out (usually the "other direction, to Cincinnati") to have some alone time as parents, they didn't stop at least once to have a drink or drinks somewhere. Even if it was only one time... You wouldn't make the concrete statement that it was "the first time".

Everything you said and all your questions are spot on.
The only thing I will say is in regards to #3. She is 23. And, during her teens, young adulthood, strip clubs have been sensationalized via celebrities. So, maybe it's just what she wanted to do. Whether it was her first time or not, I don't know. In college we would very occasionally end up at a strip club (and it was just a group of 5-10 girlfriends). I will say this... There is absolutely NO WAY that I would say to my husband, "hey let' go to the strip club and drag your friend along!" That would be even more awkward than it being not only my first time in a club, but add on my first time going with my husband, and it's the first time you have every "gone out drinking together" (personally, my husband and I have never been to a strip club together. Can't imagine that it isn't awkward, a least a little. )

When I was 23 I did almost exactly the same thing as she did. Went out with a few friends... thought I was being the “cool” chick. I don’t see it as weird or awkward, just something a young 20-something bartender would totally do.

I am not convinced they’re involved and still lean toward not... but of all the threads I have read thus far pointing to suspicious actions from BD/Friend—THIS point is the most interesting I’ve seen. In the interview when BD talks about the 415 camera footage of Friend, in my mind I just assumed that the camera times were off, as they often are in these situations (anyone know if the camera times were confirmed accurate by the hotel yet?). Maybe I missed something but the scenario I played in my head of those moments had Friend leaving BEFORE the final call was made to BD at 410/412 or so. If the camera time is right, he was around still, and around Tyler possibly still. What if it was just Friend calling on TD’s phone to say “it’s done” then walked back? What if Friend’s phone was dead so he used TD’s a few times to call BD? TD seemed very confused upon waking up in the Uber but then after it’s later (and he’s prob MORE tired) he is suddenly calling and totally clear/conscious and almost back? Do BD’s phone records indicate her calling Friend throughout the night at all or when he went on these walks? Has anyone seen his phone pings for the night? I’m sure LE is looking into it.

For all this to be possible I’d want to know which of “her friends” were supposed to also meet them out and why only one random friend of TD’s wanted to go out for her bday. And what was BD’s motive? To me a huge piece of this lies in talking with the Uber driver, those bouncers from the club, and her “friends” who didn’t show. If those ppl have nothing incriminating to say then I think her story is true. ?

I had to listen to that part 3 times before I got it. The Captain specifically asks, how he could be on the camera but with her at the same time. She goes on to give a detailed explanation about it.

I am not sure how much we are allowed to post but her Reddit handle is interesting. Then again, she's a bartender. Being a bartender, her husband never came to her bar and had a drink? This whole situation is confusing and concerning.
\

I tried to post something about her Reddit handle a while back and it got deleted. I thought it was extremely interesting, as well.

I did not hear that mentioned. She did seem to make reference numerous times as to how exhausted he was.

Interesting, thank you! On her “summary post on FB” she wrote that he fell after getting out of the Uber. It came across as a cover story for injuries or something odd.

Other things that bother me:
- that she called a different friend to help search the next morning
- overly defensive of friend
- what other friends would meet them that night, it doesn’t sound like they were close to where they live.
-her reddit username doesn’t support her comment about not drinking together
- that she claims she’s not familiar with the area (thanks to psych-nurse’s local knowledge)

I’ve said this before, I hope LE are searching all areas around friend and friend’s relatives’ houses.

Not in that part of town. Just overpasses and concrete, really. Truly not a lot of places to be hidden.

Edited to add: Although...if he walked west on Easton Way, he would come to Sunbury Road in about a mile (with sidewalk available all the way I believe). Soccer fields are across the road and Alum Creek is just beyond the fields. That is a wooded area with a flow of water relatively close to the Hilton.
Where is the nearest overpass do you know?

I wonder if something happened (physically or verbally) that night that triggered him to become distraught/suicidal especially in his inebriated state.
Maybe Tyler thought there was something going on (or found out that there was) between B and his friend. That's why he took off, the friend didn't stay with him and went home before Tyler got back to avoid a scene.

That would all make perfect sense. Only if this would be the case, B and the friend would look awfully suspicious even if they had nothing to do with Tylers disappearance.

And, don't forget... He doesn't play games. He isn't childish. He walked away, but the big question is ... WHY?

True...but this is also allegedly the first time she has been out drinking with him so she may not be aware of the behavior. The friend however, could be very used to following after him after a night of drinking.

RSBM

I feel the same!

Here is a map with two circles drawn around the Hilton (yellow dot): one at a one-mile radius (red) and one at a two-mile radius (fluorescent green).
View attachment 180148

Looking at the areas on Google Maps, there are quite a few bodies of water, and I wonder if all of them have been searched, and if so, how thoroughly.

Right now, I’m particularly concerned about what appears to be a pond (or maybe part of Alum Creek) behind Lowe’s/Target.
View attachment 180149 View attachment 180150

It has been posted upthread:

“In part two of the True Crime Garage podcast, Brittany mentions the ponds behind Costco having been searched.”

“This is from the wife:
‘all ponds, and bodies of water in the area have been searched, sonar has been ran through them and dogs. Multiple times.’
This is from a family member:
‘all bodies of water near that area have been checked with sonar.’”

“Sorry, I was looking to answer the dog question and there is this from the FB page from a family member:
‘they used cadaver dogs and didn’t find anything.’”

Now I am wondering when these searches took place. Tyler has been missing for almost two months. With the temperature rising, if Tyler is in water, his body might have finally floated to the surface just in the last week or so.

A case in point:
The first incident happened in Middletown, OH, an 1-hr. 45-min. southwest of the Hilton at Easton.

The gentleman was last seen alive on Jan. 3 and reported missing on Jan. 18th. His body was recovered on Mar. 10.

The drainage ditch in which the body was found is a five minute walk (0.2 mile) from where he was last seen:
View attachment 180146 View attachment 180147

Sources:
Body found in Middletown drainage reservoir identified

What we know: Body ID’d after being pulled from a drainage reser

All MOO
Hi, read that equuisearch searched two of the ponds, this was on one of the FB pages before it became private- it was the equuisarch lady herself that said that and she also said that they only did two becuase that is all LE would approve. I also read that a cadaver dog hit one one of the areas but when they used sonar there was nothing found. Great maps and great information in your post.

I had to listen to that part 3 times before I got it. The Captain specifically asks, how he could be on the camera but with her at the same time. She goes on to give a detailed explanation about it.

I was just coming to ask this question. He cannot be WITH her and at the opposite end of the street at the same time. So either he was still there and with her when the 4 second call came in OR he was at the opposite end of the street looking for Tyler OR he'd already left.

I am not sure how much we are allowed to post but her Reddit handle is interesting. Then again, she's a bartender. Being a bartender, her husband never came to her bar and had a drink? This whole situation is confusing and concerning.
That is not the same thing as hanging out at a bar together drinking. But also, who is watching the kid if they are hanging at a bar together?

I was just coming to ask this question. He cannot be WITH her and at the opposite end of the street at the same time. So either he was still there and with her when the 4 second call came in OR he was at the opposite end of the street looking for Tyler OR he'd already left.
You have to listen to her explanation of how it's him. I think I've got a pretty good grasp of the explanation, but would love to know what others take away from it.

I agree with you...I do think BD is leaving something out about the friend. It either doesn't really play into TD being missing or the police have asked them not to release to the public. It really makes the friend look shady. I wish BD would have at least answered the numerous questions regarding the friend. All she had to say was the police told her not to speak publicly about it. That would maybe stop all the wild speculations.
It probably would clear up some of the speculation but if it were a key piece of the investigation LE doesn't want known they may have advised her to avoid any topic that could lead to a slip. Judging from all attention people are giving to the topic it very well could be an important part to LE. Just speculation.

I’ve followed cases where LE has been totally quiet but I don’t recall any cases where LE never even made an initial post or communication about a missing person. Maybe it’s not uncommon though. Has anyone else seen this?

I see that the CPD has made posts about other missing persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam