IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
*modsnip*

More to the story? there must be... Please end well please end well please end well

O/T - Crystal Lake... isn't that the Lake from the original Friday the 13th movies? Camp Crystal Lake? Shivers...
Crystal Lake from the movie was set in New Jersey and it was a big lake. Crystal Lake is a town in Illinois. It does have a couple of very small lakes within it, one of many dozens of small lakes that dot Northern Illinois. Praying for this little guy - saw it on the Chicago news this morning.

There must be a video or picture not loading because I'm at work and I can't find that.

ETA: The only 2 images I see are one of the boy, and another of a neighbor being interviewed in front of a tree.

I just saw video on WGN news of a dog inside the trunk of a car sniffing around, but that does not necessarily mean the dog hit on the car, does it? Just might be having the dog search the car, and possibly coming up empty.

Police Don't Believe Missing Crystal Lake Boy Was Abducted

Police said an investigation so far does not appear to indicate an abduction took place in the disappearance of a 5-year-old boy in Crystal Lake.

Authorities said Friday that in the last 24 hours of their search, "several police search and rescue canine units, trained specifically to locate people... only picked up [Andrew Freund's] 'scent' within the residence indicating that Andrew had not walked away on foot."

Authorities said their search for the missing child remains focused on the home.

From your article, yrmfp:

"Several neighbors said they previously had concerns about Andrew and his younger sister, and claimed they called the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services about them. DCFS said they are unable to confirm those neighbors' claims."

there are busted out windows on the home? man sounds like drugs and dysfunction to me.... :( wet the bed or worse...

Thanks! That article though doesn't say that the dogs hit on the trunk of a car, but that dogs were used to search his parents' car and bloodhounds tracked his scent.
I've worked out in the field with scent dogs though I'm not trained in handling them (just observed them). The dog either indicates a "hit" of a scent with a bark, or the dog immediately goes to the handler with a visual cue they use together then returns to the scent source. I see in the video earlier that the dog just gets out of the trunk. I'm guessing no scent.

The parents said they last saw Andrew at 9 pm but we don't know if that is true. moo. They could just be saying that. Sad. Moo.
I did see a reporter say neighbors hadn’t seen the boy since last week sometime. I would love to know when he was last seen outside the home. I’ve been thinking longer and they’ve just reported now because they will be seeing family for the holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288