GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this a little curious, from #5: "I believe our parents were afraid to put us in public school for many reasons. When we came to California, people started treating us better and our parents got us annual passes to Disneyland. "
What people treated them better? They were isolated, except for those occasional family outings.

Familial abuse situations often cause resentment. Some children are favorites and more protected, some are abused more heavily, some are more privileged. It is very hard to come out of systematic abuse without this internal trauma. My hope and prayer has always been that they don't experience this and cling to each other. I hope they are able to remain private enough, that we never know. These poor children and adults deserve to have healthy relationships with each other. I hope their monster parents didn't ruin that.
Actually, they probably didn't ruin that. Just like in prisoner of war situations, people who go through traumatic times together tend to form a very strong bond. From what we have been told so far, these siblings all look out for each other.

Brian Rokos
@Brian_Rokos
·
3m
The judge allowed the Turpin parents to communicate while in custody. Hearing is over.

Brian Rokos
@Brian_Rokos
·
8m
They can have a parole hearing after about 23 years; less if they serve 85 percent of the sentence as allowed by state law.

Brian Rokos
@Brian_Rokos
·
11m
Turpins each sentenced to 25 years to life with credit for time served of 922 days.

Brian Rokos
@Brian_Rokos
·
3m
The judge allowed the Turpin parents to communicate while in custody. Hearing is over.

Brian Rokos
@Brian_Rokos
·
8m
They can have a parole hearing after about 23 years; less if they serve 85 percent of the sentence as allowed by state law.

Brian Rokos
@Brian_Rokos
·
11m
Turpins each sentenced to 25 years to life with credit for time served of 922 days.

Do they have to serve the full 25 years before asking for parole or can they get out earlier?

couple.jpg

Louise Turpin and David Turpin are seen crying in court during their sentencing hearing on April 19, 2019. (Credit: Pool) KTLA

Perris Torture Case: Turpin Parents Get 25 Years to Life for Severe Abuse, Neglect of Children

"...have been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison during an emotional hearing in a Riverside courtroom on Friday. ...

...The sentence effectively means the two will likely spend the rest of their lives behind bars, unless they're granted parole when they become eligible in 25 years, according to Riverside County DA Mike Hestrin. ...

...The defendants would be eligible for elderly parole in 25 years because of their ages, as stipulated by state law. ..."

Attorney reading a message from sibling #5. (She is named but I didn't include the name) Her message of the treatment they received isn't nearly as harsh, saying they did have Christmas and birthdays, as well as more food if they wanted.
Interesting that her comments are so different than the others. Is this also the one who wants the restraining order removed so she can see her mother?

Interesting that her comments are so different than the others. Is this also the one who wants the restraining order removed so she can see her mother?
Yes, if I got the quotes right. According to Osborn, some have said that at some point in the future they will want to see their parents, others have said that they want nothing to do with them.

couple.jpg

Louise Turpin and David Turpin are seen crying in court during their sentencing hearing on April 19, 2019. (Credit: Pool) KTLA

Perris Torture Case: Turpin Parents Get 25 Years to Life for Severe Abuse, Neglect of Children

"...have been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison during an emotional hearing in a Riverside courtroom on Friday. ...

...The sentence effectively means the two will likely spend the rest of their lives behind bars, unless they're granted parole when they become eligible in 25 years, according to Riverside County DA Mike Hestrin. ...

...The defendants would be eligible for elderly parole in 25 years because of their ages, as stipulated by state law. ..."

Thank you for explaining

A couple things Osborn (the adult siblings attorney) said, per Ryan Hagen:

Jack Osborn, attorney for adult Turpin children, says they’re satisfied with the outcome and he’s confident they will thrive in independent lives.

Osborn: The Turpins all love their parents, but they don’t want to speak to them now. Some don’t want to speak to them for a long, long time.

Osborn: Our clients are most of all survivors, not victims.

Osborn: Some are living in apartments now, some with other siblings. They’re all moving toward independence, and many are hiking, going to class, following basketball and baseball. One attended a LAFC game.

Osborn: All have gained strength and weight.

Osborn: They’re very humbled that so many people care about them, but at the same time, they value their privacy and want to go to baseball games or Target without being recognized.

Correction, the two who appeared and spoke in court were the two oldest of the siblings, per both Brian Rokos and Ryan Hagen. Statements that were read aloud for those that did not appear were for #3 and #5. I think they originally said the first speaker was #6, but in fact it appears to have been #1.
(I don't mean to seem impersonal by referring to them by number.)

At least, that's what was said on the tweets. But CNN is referring to the first speaker as #6 (Jane Doe #4) and she sounds pretty young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member