CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for Chits and giggles, I pulled my phone records up. The call boxed in red is from my brother who LIVES in Hawaii. He kept his number from Washington when he moved 4 years ago.............I don't need tower info because I know that's where he was, walking on the beach with his son. His phone is used for the business he established 20+ years ago.
Do we have ping info from Dan's phone?
BTW: I don't live in Chino Valley or Prescott (sometimes it says Mayer) but that's where Verizon says I am, lol! I'm in Paulden.

Attachments

• jonno.jpg
    jonno.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 34
So with all the varying Hawaii/CA IP addresses....I wonder if the location can be linked to a billing address vs physical address. That may explain some of the variances?

In the end, I think what we need is a representative from the internet provider or some official custodian of these records that can give more accurate information. Did La Rock even disclose what online IP address lookup service he used? I would bet dollars to donuts he used various lookup services depending on the location he obtained.

It was not my intention to be condescending

Rather to be critical of a $100K+ technical witness. He has not done his job properly.

The fact that a simple lookup gives inconsistent answers proves this methodology cannot be used to prove DK was in SD because the IP results depend on how the provider has listed the IP ranges in the first place, and whether they have been updated

A serious witness would have worked with the provider.
This actually goes to the heart of the matter, the validity of what the evidence reflects. The IP address that the expert testified to, comes up with multiple locations, just as we explored. He couldn't explain it. But the subject of a VPN possibly being used was entertained.

Dan could have been in Hawaii, California, or even Oregon. Or Iowa. It's inconclusive. Based on this the expert should have admitted the findings were not reliable and should be discarded.

What is conclusive is Dan's card was used in Hawaii where he should be and a check was written in the Mcstay home to chase merritt, where he shouldn't be.

I am not sure if I missed it in La Rock's testimony or not... did he say anything about the laptop that they got from Cathy Jarvis's mom? I can't believe they didn't get any info off of that computer and we have heard nothing about it, from either side!
It could be that it was analyzed but no relevant information was obtained. It might have not been used after 2010.

So with all the varying Hawaii/CA IP addresses....I wonder if the location can be linked to a billing address vs physical address. That may explain some of the variances?

In the end, I think what we need is a representative from the internet provider or some official custodian of these records that can give more accurate information. Did La Rock even disclose what online IP address lookup service he used? I would bet dollars to donuts he used various lookup services depending on the location he obtained.

It's because the provider themselves can move around the IP ranges that they control on their network.

The fact that one list shows Hawaii seems to be a strong clue that at some time in the past, that IP address was assigned to that state, rather than to Cali. This is nothing that DK can screw with. These are independent records relating to that IP.

So my guess is, all the other lists are updated to San Diego, but one list service (maybe defunct) is still showing Hawaii

It's just too much of a coincidence IMO - how did the Hawaii data get on that service?

Again with the IP addresses for Hawaii..... La Rock testified that there many, many, many, many different ways you can remotely access your home computer such as from work or something like, there are so many differeny ways to do it.

See for yourself at about the 29 minute mark.

I wonder why the defence haven't produced DKs cell tower connections?

These would show conclusively which state his phone was in ...

I can't recall which court day it was and it probably was after court (without jury in room) when both sides were going through things with the judge, but Imes stated DK's phone did not ping anywhere near Fallbrook on the 4th nor near Victorville on the 6th, I'm hoping we will see the evidence of that at some point. The only reason I can think of that the state hadn't shown it during their CIC is because DK is not on trial (but I can understand why the defense hasn't lol).

That is not what I was implying. Dan and Chase's transgressions appear to be completely separate. For Dan, he saw an opportunity because Joseph appeared to not be there, for many months, to hold Dan accountable. So he did take advantage on some level.

For Chase it was only a day since the disappearance before he took advantage. There is a vast difference.

Force, this is a great observation, and I believe an accurate characterization of what happened!

I can't recall which court day it was and it probably was after court (without jury in room) when both sides were going through things with the judge, but Imes stated DK's phone did not ping anywhere near Fallbrook on the 4th nor near Victorville on the 6th, I'm hoping we will see the evidence of that at some point. The only reason I can think of that the state hadn't shown it during their CIC is because DK is not on trial (but I can understand why the defense hasn't lol).

If the prosecution has those records, I certainly hope they’ll present them in rebuttal. (Won’t stop the defense from saying that DK left his phone with a confederate in Hawaii.)

Quickly edited to remove sarcasm.

Again with the IP addresses for Hawaii..... La Rock testified that there many, many, many, many different ways you can remotely access your home computer such as from work or something like, there are so many differeny ways to do it.

It just somehow didn't make it into his report.

I would like to hear more about the airline tickets. They showed the airline reservations for the dates in Jan and Feb, for the round trip to Hawaii. You cannot get a reservation without BUYING the tickets. So he did pay for them in order to get the reservation.

The question would then be did he change the dates instead of ultimately flying at those times? I would think the airlines would know and have records of any changes?

I think Imes did a great job in this segment, discussing the IP info.

He got Larock to agree that it is the provider that determines the IP address, NOT THE DEVICE.
In other words, if your device travels, it does not mean that your IP Addie is going to change. If you are staying with the same provider, the IP addie stays constant.

Larock had to agree with that.

Imes also got him to agree with the fact that there are many ways to mask ones IP by using VPN or Virtual Desktop or a myriad of other methods.

For all the DK mud slinging let’s be honest Chase can not simply explain away some of the strange things.

This one for me is a doozy!!

Chase’s phone calls to Joey and the family should increase massively from the Saturday and only get worse as the next few days progress. That’s just common sense considering they had 15/25 phone conversations a day.

Yet oddly Chase calls I think 8 times in the convening days and weeks.

That simply doesn’t add up unless he knows Joey is dead and there is zero point continually trying.

He bought a round trip ticket to Hawaii? Did they show that?

Did I miss the amounts of the transactions in Hawaii? I don't know that the amount spent in Hawaii was more or less than what he took from paypal from the 10th -13th (these are the only dates/transactions I am using because at this point the family hadn't even reported them missing and believed they could have been on vacation)

So you are saying he gave the money he sent to himself from Joey's paypal account from the 10th-13th to Chase? Can you provide a source for that? He didn't even meet Chase until the 17th IIRC.

As to the bolded---in order to get a standing reservation, someone has to pay for a round trip ticket.

Did they postpone or change the dates later? I don't know. But someone did pay for a round trip flight to Hawaii from San Diego, in order to get that reservation.

I would like to hear more about the airline tickets. They showed the airline reservations for the dates in Jan and Feb, for the round trip to Hawaii. You cannot get a reservation without BUYING the tickets. So he did pay for them in order to get the reservation.

The question would then be did he change the dates instead of ultimately flying at those times? I would think the airlines would know and have records of any changes?

Also this is for the defence to show

If he flew at other times in the post 911 universe, surely his passenger records can be produced

As it is, the prosecution is the one producing primary documentation showing he was in Hawaii

So it is for the defence to show he flew back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member