IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following.
Saw this in another msm article.
I don't think someone abducted him. And that's all I'm going to say.
What a little cutie he is. :(

Hope DCFS didn't drop the ball here.
Several neighbors say they called them about these children, DCFS denies getting this.
How many times have we seen this happen,and it turns out they did drop the ball?

One tiny little clue for me, is them saying they never saw him after his bedtime at 9 pm.

How many of us never peek in at least once, before we go to bed, or when we get up to pee or let the dog out back? I think most parents take a quick glance at sleeping children at some point.

Maybe I am being unfair, but I thought it seemed odd.

Didn’t leave the home on foot...does that mean they believe he is still somewhere in the home or he was carried out?

Curious how dogs can tell this as he’s probably been in and out of the home thousands of times and his scent is likely all over the yard, driveway, neighborhood.

Didn’t leave the home on foot...does that mean they believe he is still somewhere in the home or he was carried out?

Curious how dogs can tell this as he’s probably been in and out of the home thousands of times and his scent is likely all over the yard, driveway, neighborhood.
Scent doesn't build upon scent over long periods of time. Scent fades quickly, especially on cement and even more so if it's dry and there is wind. Chicago has had very high winds the last few days, currently almost 40 mph at O'Hare. A scent trail in a residential neighborhood contaminated with other animals scents and dispersed with passing vehicle traffic is much harder for a dog to work than a scent trail in a cool damp forest, why search dogs find hikers more often than folks missing in the city as direct sunlight destroys scent VERY quickly. LE dogs working in the city usually don't get a hit looking for a lost person or a criminal unless the scent is just a few hours old. If he cut across the grass and the grass held moisture (within the last few days) and winds were light the dog MIGHT get a scent but given temps in the 70's earlier and high winds here, I doubt it.

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 19, 2019
100 West Woodstock Street
Crystal Lake, Illinois, 60014
(815) 356-3730

Crystal Lake Police Department Detectives, working collaboratively with members of the FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children continue to actively investigate this case. During the last 24 hours, several police search and rescue canine units, trained specifically to locate people, were utilized in an attempt to locate Andrew. The canine teams only picked up Andrews “scent” within the residence indicating that Andrew had not walked away on foot.

On April 18, 2019, the Crystal Lake Police Department also activated an ILEAS (Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System) mutual aid request. 15 police agencies responded, along with 4 drones, to assist with a coordinated search of public areas. Approximately 373 acres were covered during a foot search and approximately 497 acres were covered via aerial search by drones. At approximately 6:00 p.m., the police department requested the activation of a sonar team to scan areas of Crystal Lake. A boat and sonar technicians from fire departments within the mutual aid MABAS Divisions 4 and 5 responded to assist. Sonar technicians utilized cameras to search under all of the docks/piers along the entire shore length of Crystal Lake and utilized side scan sonar techniques within the lake itself off of the Main Beach area. The sonar teams concluded their search at approximately 10:00pm without locating anything.

In reviewing all investigative information thus far, there is no indication that would lead police to believe that an abduction had taken place. At this point, the police department has no reason to believe there is a threat to the community. Information obtained currently has police focusing on the residence. The police department would like to thank the public for their continued offers of assistance and support. This morning police investigators are continuing to actively investigate this case and continue to review all tips or leads sent to the police department. At this time, if the public is looking to assist, we are asking that you search your property and that you report anything suspicious to the Crystal Lake Police Department.

Additionally, the Crystal Lake Police Department encourages anyone with information related to this case to contact the Crystal Lake Police Department at 815-356-3620. Anyone with a cell phone can send an anonymous tip to the Crystal Lake Police Department by texting the word CLPDTIP along with the tip information to 847411 (tip411). Normal text messaging rates do apply.
My apologies.
The dogs only searched the car,and trunk. But didn't indicate Andrew was there.
I hope they find soon.

Did this child go to school?
In Illinois, you are not required to attend Kindergarten until age six. The Senate recently (this month) passed a bill lowering it to age 5, but that would not have been in effect at the beginning of this school year. (Senate Bill 2075 would mandate that all Illinois parents enroll their 5-year-olds in kindergarten, starting in the 2020-2021 school year. The bill passed the Illinois Senate 39-16 on April 12.) Illinois Senate passes bill requiring kindergarten for all 5-year-olds

How can parents who are responsible for a child's "disappearance" ever think they won't get caught?

Right?!! Don't they watch the news? Parent puts child to bed, parent checks on child in the morning, child is gone. I'm not sure what the stats are, but in my ten years here at WS, I can only think of a handful of cases where that really happened. :mad:

Sweet little Andrew, I'm so sorry you could not be protected.

One tiny little clue for me, is them saying they never saw him after his bedtime at 9 pm.

How many of us never peek in at least once, before we go to bed, or when we get up to pee or let the dog out back? I think most parents take a quick glance at sleeping children at some point.

Maybe I am being unfair, but I thought it seemed odd.

I thought the exact same thing. Even when our son was a teen I'd peek.

CHICAGO (CBS) — The father of Andrew “A.J.” Freund, a 5-year-old boy missing from his Crystal Lake home for more than a day, said he’s “extremely worried,” and begged for his son to come home. Meantime, investigators said there is no indication so far that A.J. was abducted, and they are focused on the family’s home,

Speaking to reporters for the first time since A.J. went missing, his father, Andrew Freund Sr., said he has no idea where his son might be.

“We’re just extremely worried. If anybody knows anything about where Andrew Jr. is, please please contact the Crystal Lake Police Department. Let’s get him home,” he said. “A.J., please come home. We love you very much. You’re not in any trouble. We’re just worried to death. Please, please come home.”

Moments before he spoke to reporters, Andrew Freund briefly spoke with police investigators, who asked to speak to him about the investigation.

“We really need to speak with you to obtain more details so that we can find your son,” one officer told Freund.

Police also asked Freund to go back inside his home, so they could speak to him about the case, but Freund said he needed to go get his cell phone.

“I can’t. I can’t. I’ve got to take care of a few things, because I have no phone. I have no way of communicating,” Freund said. “If somebody’s trying to get a hold of me, I need to be able to receive calls. I’ve got my brother looking, all of his friends are looking. There’s no way to communicate with me right now, because I don’t have my phone.”
IL - IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

CHICAGO (CBS) — The father of Andrew “A.J.” Freund, a 5-year-old boy missing from his Crystal Lake home for more than a day, said he’s “extremely worried,” and begged for his son to come home. Meantime, investigators said there is no indication so far that A.J. was abducted, and they are focused on the family’s home,

Speaking to reporters for the first time since A.J. went missing, his father, Andrew Freund Sr., said he has no idea where his son might be.

“We’re just extremely worried. If anybody knows anything about where Andrew Jr. is, please please contact the Crystal Lake Police Department. Let’s get him home,” he said. “A.J., please come home. We love you very much. You’re not in any trouble. We’re just worried to death. Please, please come home.”

Moments before he spoke to reporters, Andrew Freund briefly spoke with police investigators, who asked to speak to him about the investigation.

“We really need to speak with you to obtain more details so that we can find your son,” one officer told Freund.

Police also asked Freund to go back inside his home, so they could speak to him about the case, but Freund said he needed to go get his cell phone.

“I can’t. I can’t. I’ve got to take care of a few things, because I have no phone. I have no way of communicating,” Freund said. “If somebody’s trying to get a hold of me, I need to be able to receive calls. I’ve got my brother looking, all of his friends are looking. There’s no way to communicate with me right now, because I don’t have my phone.”
IL - IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

More concerned with finding his missing phone than he is helping find his missing child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member