IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCFS, which has the job of protecting children from abuse, released the following statement Friday: “The department’s involvement Andrew Freund began with his birth in 2013 and continued on and off through the end of 2018. The last contact between DCFS child protection staff and Andrew’s family was in December of 2018 while investigating allegations of abuse and neglect.”

DCFS released a timeline highlighting interactions between DCFS and Andrew’s family. “Indicated” means there was credible evidence to substantiate neglect. “Unfounded” means there was not sufficient evidence to prove the allegations.

• -In October 2013, DCFS investigated an allegation of neglect by the mother, which was indicated. Andrew was born with opiates in his body.
  • -The following month, DCFS took Andrew into protective custody. He was placed in a foster home and not returned to his own home until June of 2015. The case was closed in April 2016.
  • -In March 2018, DCFS investigated allegations of neglect by the father and mother, but concluded they were unfounded. The mother agreed to re-enter treatment.
  • -On Dec. 18, 2018, DCFS investigated another allegation of abuse and neglect by the mother, and the boy was temporarily removed by police, but was returned to the home after the allegations were ruled unfounded. There was no evidence to support allegations of deplorable conditions in the home, and bruising on the child was attributed to the dog.
  • On Thursday, Andrew’s younger brother was placed in another home under a DCFS safety plan.

Yay, she's pregnant again!!!

The bruises on his body were caused by their dog?
Hmmm... Well I doubt that.

Dogs leave puncture wounds. Unless they were tiny bruises like the dog's teeth didn't penetrate the child's skin ?

Back to my earlier post..
DCFS were called by the neighbors and DCFS refutes this ? How recent was that ?

Are they changing their tune and revealing more now-- as in a cya mode in case this gets even uglier ?

DCFS, which has the job of protecting children from abuse, released the following statement Friday: “The department’s involvement Andrew Freund began with his birth in 2013 and continued on and off through the end of 2018. The last contact between DCFS child protection staff and Andrew’s family was in December of 2018 while investigating allegations of abuse and neglect.”

DCFS released a timeline highlighting interactions between DCFS and Andrew’s family. “Indicated” means there was credible evidence to substantiate neglect. “Unfounded” means there was not sufficient evidence to prove the allegations.

• -In October 2013, DCFS investigated an allegation of neglect by the mother, which was indicated. Andrew was born with opiates in his body.
  • -The following month, DCFS took Andrew into protective custody. He was placed in a foster home and not returned to his own home until June of 2015. The case was closed in April 2016.
  • -In March 2018, DCFS investigated allegations of neglect by the father and mother, but concluded they were unfounded. The mother agreed to re-enter treatment.
  • -On Dec. 18, 2018, DCFS investigated another allegation of abuse and neglect by the mother, and the boy was temporarily removed by police, but was returned to the home after the allegations were ruled unfounded. There was no evidence to support allegations of deplorable conditions in the home, and bruising on the child was attributed to the dog.
  • On Thursday, Andrew’s younger brother was placed in another home under a DCFS safety plan.
Yay, she's pregnant again!!!
So he lived in foster care from right after he was born until he was nearly 2; poor little guy. And someone tried to help him twice this past year to no avail. I feel for them, whoever it was that cared enough to report the family, as "I told you so" is not going to change this outcome.

Hmmm... Well I doubt that.

Dogs leave puncture wounds. Unless they were tiny bruises like the dog's teeth didn't penetrate the child's skin ?

Back to my earlier post..
DCFS were called by the neighbors and DCFS refutes this ? How recent was that ?

Are they changing their tune and revealing more now-- as in a cya mode in case this gets even uglier ?
As near as I understand it DCFS didn't refute what the neighbors said but rather they wouldn't comment. The release of a DCFS timeline suggests strongly that pressure is being applied to mom.

Maybe. But, I see a lot of crying with no tears.
I was reminded of Susan Smith's 'crying'. It feels like she knows something.
MOO

Have to add -- if this turns out to be the worst scenario-- how sad that she's expecting again.
And will the younger brother have to go into foster care ?

My dear friend and her husband tried for so many years. They'd have been good parents and would've provided a stable home. But no baby. :(

And others who cannot shake their habits or worse-- mistreating children on purpose-- keep having more.
Just stop.
It's so hard on these little ones, yanked from home to home.

Mom of Missing 5-Year-Old Not Talking to Cops: Attorney

Sigh.

The mother of a missing Crystal Lake boy is no longer speaking to police, her recently acquired defense attorney said Friday, after her lawyer said authorities might be considering her a suspect in the child’s disappearance.

Joann Cunningham was cooperating with cops until her defense attorney, George Kililis, got the impression she was being treated as a suspect, he told reporters outside the home of Andrew Freund Jr., who was reported missing Thursday. He said he is not representing the boy’s father Andrew Freund Sr.
Hmmmmmmmmm

I can't recall another time that a child protection agency made a similar announcement the day after a child went missing? Usually they never comment, so to me this is highly unusual.

Read that! Born with opiates in his system, has been removed from home before...
SMH. Poor Andrew born with drugs in his system but IDCFS thought giving him back to mother was a good idea. Poor Andrew has been on their radar since birth. But wait there's more. mother is pregnant again.
Pretty safe to Say DCFS screwed up big time.
I better stop and sit on my hands now.

I can't recall another time that a child protection agency made a similar announcement the day after a child went missing? Usually they never comment, so to me this is highly unusual.
Me either. I was surprised to see so much being released. It reinforced for me how we read the situation. Would they release all that info on a case if they believed AJ to be alive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76