GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

CARROLLTON, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say the body of a 14-year-old boy reported missing Sunday has been found in a shallow grave on a northeast Ohio farm.

The Carroll County sheriff, prosecutor and coroner didn’t provide any details at a news conference Friday afternoon about how Jonathon Minard died, or whether there were suspects in his death. Investigators found his body Friday morning at a Washington Township farm, roughly 90 miles (145 kilometers) southeast of Cleveland.

Jonathon was last seen Saturday at a New Harrisburg farm where he helps milk cows at a farm owned by a friend’s father. Investigators were told Jonathon complained about a toothache and said he’d call his mother at the friend’s house to pick him up.
Boy, 14, missing since weekend found buried on Ohio farm

ETA: Our local news makes this sound like working on the dairy farm was a common, weekend occurrence for JM. MOO

Missing Ohio teen Jonathon Minard found dead on a farm

The body of Jonathon Minard was found in a shallow grave on a farm in Washington Township, Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams said. Jonathon was reported missing Sunday after he went to a farm near New Harrisburg that he often did chores at with a 29-year-old friend.

Some friend :(

ETA: As reported earlier 4/18. Reportedly, JM's mother never got a call from her son.

The search for an Ohio teen who disappeared on Saturday has shifted to a criminal investigation, with police ID'ing a person of interest in the case.

Jonathan Minard, 14, was last seen working on a farm in New Harrisburg, about eight miles from his home in Dellroy. bbm

According to investigators, Minard was helping his 29-year-old friend on the dairy farm of the friend's dad when he began to complain of a toothache, The Canton Repository reported. The pair are said to have headed to the friend’s home to call the teen's mother.
Ohio police peg person of interest in case of missing boy, 14

That story is all kinds of fishy. Why would the teen need to travel 7 miles with his friend to use a phone? Surely there was a phone he could use at a nearby neighbor's house.

Why does a 14 yo boy have a 29 yo male "friend"? One would think he'd want to socialize more with kids closer to his own age.

Is this the same "friend"?

Williams said that investigators have now identified a person of interest. He is described as a 29-year-old man with a criminal record, consisting of mainly drug offenses, Fox 8 reported.

The fact that he was buried shows intent to conceal a crime; imo.
If Jonathan was given something for his toothache and died from a reaction, there'd be no need to bury him.

The poi is key to all of this. I wonder if Jonathan was found by LE looking at the poi's phone pings ?
A farm --even a smaller one --would have many places to conceal a body.
But LE found him.

Rest in gentle peace, Jonathan !
My utmost condolences to his loved ones.

He was buried on a different farm, NE of the farm he normally worked at.
Am I understanding this correctly? He was from the New Harrisburg area but was found 3 1/2 hours away in Washington Township?? If so, multiple people involved. You don’t just show up at a friends farm that far away. You go with a purpose.

Attachments

• CDF96732-1086-4A36-967A-4D6911ACB228.jpeg
    CDF96732-1086-4A36-967A-4D6911ACB228.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 20
Am I understanding this correctly? He was from the New Harrisburg area but was found 3 1/2 hours away in Washington Township?? If so, multiple people involved. You don’t just show up at a friends farm that far away. You go with a purpose.
Would that account for the 6 hours (1:30pm to 7:30pm) that JM was waiting to call his mom about his toothache?

There are many Washington Townships in Ohio. Google Washington Township Carroll County Ohio. It is East of the farm in New Harrisbugh, Northeast of Carrollton and farther Northeast of Dellroy where Jonathon lived. Within 5 miles of New Harrisburgh and Carrollton and 10 miles from Dellroy.

I tried a few screenshots but they were too blurry.

There are many Washington Townships in Ohio. Google Washington Township Carroll County Ohio. It is East of the farm in New Harrisbugh, Northeast of Carrollton and farther Northeast of Dellroy where Jonathon lived. Within 5 miles of New Harrisburgh and Carrollton and 10 miles from Dellroy.

Thank-you, Tillicum... I'm not surprised I was confused on this one. I'll delete my comment if I still have time. :)
ETA... I'm sorry Payrollnerd and Jim_M. I had no idea there were multiple Washington Townships in Ohio but now I think I know why the reporter asked the sheriff for verification that this Washington Township was in Carroll County.

I tried a few screenshots but they were too blurry.
Ok got it! Thank you for clarifying for me.

Attachments

• FE9E6526-F9EE-4F53-8CEA-C06359532CB0.png
    FE9E6526-F9EE-4F53-8CEA-C06359532CB0.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 29
Bringing Jethro4WS's post with map forward for visual "feel" of where Washington Township is.
Thank you. Dellroy where Jonathon lived is farther south and west from New Harrisburg. So he was buried in an area the opposite direction of the way his "friend" led LE to believe he went. Imagine that :mad:

The fact that he was buried shows intent to conceal a crime; imo.
If Jonathan was given something for his toothache and died from a reaction, there'd be no need to bury him.

The poi is key to all of this. I wonder if Jonathan was found by LE looking at the poi's phone pings ?
A farm --even a smaller one --would have many places to conceal a body.
But LE found him.

Rest in gentle peace, Jonathan !
My utmost condolences to his loved ones.

I'm hoping LE found Jonathon because someone told them exactly where to find his body. I think it's likely that more people were involved or at least aware of his death than just the POI so it may be someone is working to cut a deal with LE... and an arrest or some sort of resolution will happen soon. For his parent's sake, I hope so.
ETA... also could be the POI, if he actually is responsible for Jonathon's death and on advice from his attorney, decided the best idea was to share the information so this "cooperation" will be considered at trial.

Last edited:
I’m sure I missed it but two question:
How far is the house from where he was working,
I think the time lines is he was last seen at 739 pm. Who saw him and where was he?
TYIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back