IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of Caliyah McNabb's mother calling out "Caliyah? Caliyyaaah!" on the 911 call - to a 15 day old infant, as if she was hiding somewhere to play a trick.

Andrew is only 5 and wouldn't have gotten very far if he took off on his own. And what 5 year old would do so at night?

Then mom lawyers up. I've seen that most often in cases where the parent ends up being named a POI or suspect (Semaj Crosby for example). To me it says LE isn't convinced that mom is being completely transparent and she knows it. JMO though.

Poor little guy never had a chance...
UPDATE: Brother Of Missing Crystal Lake Boy Andrew ‘A.J.’ Freund Placed In DCFS Custody; Cops Raid Home
SABBM

Hmmm.
Placed in a foster home . There are no relatives or friends to take him ? Someone posted that it is a younger sister-- I'll go back and check.

whoops your right... it’s not far from here at all though
Yes, it's right down the road. Lake County is much more corrupt, lots of bad things going on there from top to bottom and the Lt. GI Joe situation was the fruits of a rotten tree. McHenry County has had its share of issues and has a couple of bad judges that are way too lenient, but overall I feel it is a better place to be. This will be a real test to see how the police handle the investigation, since these things really don't happen here. I hope they find this child.

I think we all have a basic idea of what happened here, but know no details. MOO

I grew up in a bordering town, just minutes from this area and have family still there. This is a really nice area to live, so it does no surprise me that neighbors may have called police or DCFS if that is in the record (mods, snip away if this isn't allowed), because this would be the place where people look out for one another and would notice--good families, would not turn their back on a child in need because it is a vigilant area. I know this neighborhood because it's just like the area I grew up in and have friends that work in local police, though not in this town specific.

Don't have much to add other than a gut feeling; want to commend the local police force here. They really did everything right ASAP. So many of the local police have children/siblings/nephew/nieces in the local schools and area. I think they are doing everything possible and no doubt they are lead by professionalism, but also because they are tied to the community. This police force is one of the best out there for a relatively small area. They are well-trained, and that is evident in how they have proceeded in this aspect.

My only sleuthing right now is as a hometown case and the fact that they didn't activate the community and are focusing on this house (and let me say, this community would mobilize VERY QUICKLY--for those that keep seeing it as a suburb of Chicago--it is, but far north and has a serious community, small town feel). My gut says police and FBI have a good idea of the background and who their suspects are--trying to withhold judgement but that CBS video). Otherwise they would utilize this community that would come out in droves. Breaks my heart.

A question for the people on here who are familiar with this neighborhood community. It has been said it is a pretty decent solid middle class neighborhood. If that is the case, do you think there is a good likelihood of neighbors with video and surveillance systems? I am sure LE is already looking into that but I am just wondering if anyone knows--whether abducted or something else, he was likely taken somewhere. I seriously doubt a 5 year old left in the dark at night on his own, I just cannot picture that.

A question for the people on here who are familiar with this neighborhood community. It has been said it is a pretty decent solid middle class neighborhood. If that is the case, do you think there is a good likelihood of neighbors with video and surveillance systems? I am sure LE is already looking into that but I am just wondering if anyone knows--whether abducted or something else, he was likely taken somewhere. I seriously doubt a 5 year old left in the dark at night on his own, I just cannot picture that.

I live in a neighboring suburb and yes- lots of people have cameras and even more have those ring doorbells. I wouldn’t be surprised if LE is gathering all that info.

I would say the likelihood of neighbors having their own security cams is pretty good. I live about 10 minutes away, and an example would be (recently) there were a rash of cars broken into in the neighborhood in the middle of the night. One home owner posted a short clip from his home security video on the "nextdoor" site. The male perp can be seen lurking around his home, looking in the window, etc. However, the guy was not seen driving up in a car.....so how did he get there? Enough neighbors had home security systems, that once everyone reviewed their recordings - the perp could be traced back to having parked a car 3 blocks away, and then shown cutting through yard after yard, it was soooo creepy. Enough neighbors got involved and someone finally even thought they recognized him. (they were right). I would say at least 15-20 neighbors in this 4 block radius all had video security and figured out this guys movements in the middle of the night. As far as I know, it came together organically by all of them sharing this info on the nextdoor app. Pretty amazing.

Ok just a thought...

What if there was something else going on besides the parents? The mom is 8 months pregnant. If she is receiving prenatal care, there is a good chance she is clean... as they most likely test her every dr apt. She is said to hang out at the CL AA club, working on her sobriety. I live in the neighborhood and have first hand knowledge that a lot of convicted sex offenders attend meetings there and may possibly be bearing witness to her struggles. I also know the night he disappeared, it was very windy and stormy.. thus making it hard for sniffer dogs to pick up a scent. Over on the Facebook, so many people are assuming they did something to him. No offense to AA, but meetings especially at that club are full of sketchy criminals... just because someone struggles with addiction doesn’t mean they abuse their children
Andrew was born with opiates in system, if that's not abuse I don't what is. Also neighbors called DCFS Several times, DCFS has been involved his first much of Andrews short life. He had bruises ,but it was the dogs. Police have been called to the home on multiple occasions, fights spilling out on the street from the house.
But yeah must be those sex offenders from AA, even though the investigators,including the FBI said there was not an abduction.

Just read about this missing little boy. I don't believe that he was abducted nor do I believe he ran away. I suspect Mom knows what happened and I believe she will eventually share what she knows or share what happened regardless of any involvement she had. I hope so anyway.

It’s not that cps just gave up and said “here take him back”

In order for her to have gotten him back it would have taken many hoops... a crap ton of treatment (rehabilitation) and several court dates. She had to prove she could be a fit mom and it took two years. She had to have many things in place.. a job, a home. She obviously gave a damn at one point
One point. Takes more than that. We're talking about a child here. Not teenage car privileges.
MOO.

Yes I believe there will be video and I believe this is the type of neighborhood that will be giving the PD everything they can. I also heard that the community was dropping off water and supplies to the PD on Thursday for the search teams. This is a family community. This is not an untrained police department. They called the FBI in quickly. They want to do everything they can to find A.J.

I would say the likelihood of neighbors having their own security cams is pretty good. I live about 10 minutes away, and an example would be (recently) there were a rash of cars broken into in the neighborhood in the middle of the night. One home owner posted a short clip from his home security video on the "nextdoor" site. The male perp can be seen lurking around his home, looking in the window, etc. However, the guy was not seen driving up in a car.....so how did he get there? Enough neighbors had home security systems, that once everyone reviewed their recordings - the perp could be traced back to having parked a car 3 blocks away, and then shown cutting through yard after yard, it was soooo creepy. Enough neighbors got involved and someone finally even thought they recognized him. (they were right). I would say at least 15-20 neighbors in this 4 block radius all had video security and figured out this guys movements in the middle of the night. As far as I know, it came together organically by all of them sharing this info on the nextdoor app. Pretty amazing.

Wow, that is a great story of people working together and getting justice.

I was hopeful there would be a few, it sounds like there may be more than a few security systems.

Thank you for the info!

Yes I believe there will be video and I believe this is the type of neighborhood that will be giving the PD everything they can. I also heard that the community was dropping off water and supplies to the PD on Thursday for the search teams. This is a family community. This is not an untrained police department. They called the FBI in quickly. They want to do everything they can to find A.J.

That is great news, thank you for the info!

Please check your private message for a link to something interesting that can't be posted at this time.

I live in Chicago. This winter 10 children, left alone overnight, died in a house fire at a "slumber party". The DCFS had multiple complaints against the mothers of the children and did NOTHING. I am deeply saddened but not at all surprised by dear Andrew's history.

Respectfully, Chicago, particularly high crime low income neighborhoods are not the burbs.

According to msm we know AJ was born with opiates in his system, he spent more than a year in foster care and DCFS was involved with this family until late 2018. That's all but 4 or so months of AJ's life. I wouldn't exactly call that nothing.

I am not fully caught up with this thread, but if I had to guess, I wonder if they accidentally od'd him giving him benedryl or something to keep him out of their way. But, thaat is just a guess based on what msm has printed about the family history.

DCFS has investigated past abuse, neglect allegations in case of missing boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members