Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm
Community reacts to Indiana State Police 'moving in new direction' with Delphi homicide investigation
"Riley wasn't able to tell News 18 a whole lot, but he did provide some information the public needs to know.

He said first of all no arrests or warrants have been issued and the public needs to come out to hear what they have to say.

The information provided on Monday will help the public better understand what is going on in the case.

The briefing will be given at the canal center in Delphi. That's 1030 North Washington Street.

Doors open at 11:30 in the morning and ISP Superintendent Doug Carter will make the announcement at noon.

News 18 will have live coverage of the event and it will be live streamed on our app.

"Obviously everybody hopes they are able to find who did it, they've had it solved and we can have some kind of resolution to this, but I don't think that is going to happen quite yet but obviously that would be great news," said Grant Bradshaw. "I think there will be some more details and more information that the community can look out for."

Can someone post as it airs please?!

Please don’t worry we will be posting while watching it. My shorthand typing skills aren’t great but we can put they key points in bold. Nobody will miss the news if they can’t watch. Please everyone post links to watch the press conference when they become available. The Indiana news websites normally do a live stream and/or Facebook live.

“A man who resembles a sketch of a suspect wanted for the murder of two Indiana teenage girls has been issued new child molestation charges - just hours before police investigating the killings announced a ‘new direction’ in their probe.

Charles Eldridge, 46, was handed five new child molestation charges by Randolph County prosecutors on Thursday, after they say he repeatedly sexually abused a child under the age of 14 last summer.”

Indiana man who looks like sketch of teen girls' murderer in Indiana is given new child sex charges | Daily Mail Online

I wish the Daily Mail would understand that many men unfortunately look like BG.

I actually feel like this could be the guy!!! After looking at all the pictures, this is exactly what I expected BG to look like! LE is in no rush because this man is already behind bars for various other crimes! I really hope we get some answers and justice for Abby and Libby!

Well I had a very short self imposed hiatus from this case!
Willow Knight you may be on to something. I was scratching my head over the 3 day heads up and the statement about, “no suspects”. Then they said they’d be answering no questions and I really was confused. If they aren’t naming a suspect, that’s out, unless you want to get into semantics about POIs. Don’t see how they could release new evidence of any kind, including Parabon info, without answering questions. But if BG has made contact, LE would want to make sure BG knows they are responding and when. And since the message is only for BG, there would be no questions. In that sense it would be like the DC Sniper case and the pressers they had to communicate with the sniper.
The only question then would be why LE and BG want the public involved? Why specifically invite the public to attend? Has BG requested(or demanded) that LE read a statement of some kind?
Monday cannot get here soon enough. I hope it truly is significant, whatever it is.

If they had a blown up photo of BG’s face from the parabon test I think they could appeal for information about the person shown without answering questions.

I’m doubtful that BG has communicated with law enforcement somehow it would be incredibly dumb of him given he has not been caught. I also think the FBI would be involved in the press conference if that were the case since they have more experience dealing with this. It is an interesting thought though.

I just hope and pray he is not deceased for the girls families sake.

I know Monday can’t get here soon enough it is 5am here it is going to be very difficult to sleep.

What if they found a connection to Elizabeth and Lyric's case?
It would make him a serial killer which may point them in a new direction.
I think we are going to need a lot of prayers and hugs to make it through until Monday.

I'm guessing it's going to be about a connection to at least one other case that's been talked about. But that's just my guess.

Some of the wording around the announcement strikes me as somewhat unusual. Like Riley saying "the public needs to come out to hear what they have to say." Are they hoping BG will be there and give himself away?

I actually feel like this could be the guy!!! After looking at all the pictures, this is exactly what I expected BG to look like! LE is in no rush because this man is already behind bars for various other crimes! I really hope we get some answers and justice for Abby and Libby!

I agree with you he is what I expect BG to look like as well. I can’t stand looking at photos of him he really really gives me the creeps. He is a monster.

“A man who resembles a sketch of a suspect wanted for the murder of two Indiana teenage girls has been issued new child molestation charges - just hours before police investigating the killings announced a ‘new direction’ in their probe.

Charles Eldridge, 46, was handed five new child molestation charges by Randolph County prosecutors on Thursday, after they say he repeatedly sexually abused a child under the age of 14 last summer.”

Indiana man who looks like sketch of teen girls' murderer in Indiana is given new child sex charges | Daily Mail Online

I wish the Daily Mail would understand that many men unfortunately look like BG.

But I thought they said they have no suspect?

He really looks like BG doesn't he? Here's what throws me tho.
1. His eyes appear to be blue.
2. He has been molesting young teens for some time and they aren't dead.
jmo

If they had a blown up photo of BG’s face from the parabon test I think they could appeal for information about the person shown without answering questions.

I’m doubtful that BG has communicated with law enforcement somehow it would be incredibly dumb of him given he has not been caught. I also think the FBI would be involved in the press conference if that were the case since they have more experience dealing with this. It is an interesting thought though.

I just hope and pray he is not deceased for the girls families sake.

I know Monday can’t get here soon enough it is 5am here it is going to be very difficult to sleep.
Yes. This probably isn’t the type of killer who would communicate with law enforcement.

This isn’t a BTK type.

Killing little girls is not like killing adults, and this guy probably isn’t some highly intelligent, organized offender.

Sociopaths never shake in their boots. They don’t have a conscience.
This guy is not new to this. I was watching a
documentary about truck drivers who are cross country serial killers. It doesn’t mean he parked his truck near by. He could have parked his truck , maybe just the cab, somewhere and walked through the park to hunt, on a nice day. School was closed. Petaphiles pay close attention to details like school closings in a small town.
BG thought he was going to walk away from this and go on with his killings, but Libby was smarter than him. He didn’t expect to be on snap chat. I’m thinking he is older. A younger man would have taken her phone before he committed the murders of those poor girls. Libby is my “Mentor Sleuth”.

I don't know. Sociopaths do feel things. Including fear. And we don't know that whoever killed her is a sociopath. Not all murderers are.

You know there's always a spectrum too I think. Nothing is ever that black and white. There are full blown serial killers who happily and calmly discuss and admit to multiple murders. But one they refuse to talk about. The one who's face they covered.

LE often does things through the media to put pressure on perps. Hopefully they have had some good help with profiling.

ISP: Delphi investigation moving in new direction, 'significant information' to be released
I hate to get my hopes up :/

"A source tells Eyewitness News the information that will be released is possibly the most significant information to be released publicly as of yet."

"No questions will be taken, and there are no suspects as of now."
So, does this mean that he will he naming a suspect on Monday?
Can hardly wait to find out what new direction LE may be taking, wondering if FBI might have prepared a psychological / geographical profile ? speculation.
whats with taking so long to circulate a psych profile??

Hi everyone,

Going back to catch up, marking spot with the msm! ( : panic : )

“DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) — Eyewitness News has learned that the Indiana State Police are planning a news conference for Monday on the investigation into the murders of Libby German and Abby Williams.

The announcement is said to be about the investigation having a "new direction."

A source tells Eyewitness News the information that will be released is possibly the most significant information to be released publicly as of yet.”

Snip

“No questions will be taken, and there are no suspects as of now.”

ISP: Delphi investigation moving in new direction, 'significant information' to be released
APR 19TH, 2019

Last edited:
If LE want the public to get involved with the forthcoming briefing, is it possible that they have an item to show that the public could help identify?
I think anything is possible. I get the feeling we will spend the weekend discussing possibilities.

I hope that’s not it though, and it’s something more substantial.

So, does this mean that he will he naming a suspect on Monday?

whats with taking so long to circulate a psych profile??
This generic profile was released in 2017, hopefully it has since been fine-tuned and updated.

FBI releases list of behavioral clues to help track down suspect in murders of teens near Indiana trail
The FBI has since released a list of behavioral clues that could help lead investigators to the killer or killers. The agency is asking the public to be on the lookout for anyone who has exhibited the following signs:

• Changes in their daily routines, including modified sleep patterns
  • Increased use of alcohol or drugs
  • Cleaned or disposed of clothing and / or shoes that might have been worn on Feb. 13
  • Missed work or other engagements
  • Anxiety, nervousness or irritability
  • Excessive attention to the investigation, media coverage or lengthy discussions related to the murders
"On Monday, February 13, the individual or individuals responsible for these crimes may have been absent from work, missed or cancelled appointment or social engagements, or been unavailable or unresponsive during the afternoon period," the FBI explained in a news release. "They may have been a 'no-show' or offered a plausible excuse for their absence or tardiness, such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc."

FBI releases list of behavioral clues to help track down suspect in murders of teens near Indiana trail
“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does. We have not ruled out the possibility that it is a local person. Every time we clear somebody it gets us closer. We are confident that somewhere in the tips we have valuable information and every time we can eliminate one we can move on to the next.”

I hope so gitana1 the last press conference was very disappointing but maybe it worked and got new information from someone. I wonder what has changed in slightly over two months I got the impression that things were bleak at the press conference in February.

Yes I have been waiting anxiously for Superintendent Carter to finally get the chance to say “We got him”. I’m trying not to get my hopes up that will be happening on Monday.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member