Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I’m going to go back to the media thread quickly to pull a quote that first comes to mind if I can find it, something about that awkward PC with the new person...looking for quote

(ETA: I’m about to run out of the allotted time on this post and can’t find it so if/when I find it I’ll continue the thought.)

Second thought: Might they possibly have rendered a computerized sketch from DNA:

Qmfr:
“In 2018 came fresh hope with the arrest of John Miller, who admitted to killing 8-year-old April Tinsley in Ft. Wayne 30 years earlier.

That case was solved with DNA evidence by Parabon Nanolabs. Investigators in the Delphi case worked closely with those who cracked the Tinsley case to see if their methods or findings could help solve the murders of Abby and Libby. Parabon Nanolabs declined an interview and state police would not say if the same test was being used in the investigation.“

Investigation ongoing two-years after murders of Abby Williams, Libby German in Delphi
FEBRUARY 13, 2019

“An admission from the Carroll County Sheriff early on revealed DNA was found at the scene.

“We asked for a fast-track as far as that piece information,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in February 2017.“

Investigation ongoing two-years after murders of Abby Williams, Libby German in Delphi

Carroll County sheriff says DNA evidence on ‘fast track’ in Delphi case
FEBRUARY 23, 2017

(Older article for reference re: DNA, sorry if repost)

Delphi murder investigators using same DNA tech that led to Fort Wayne cold case arrest

“Investigators working on the Delphi case are now using the same DNA technology used to arrest a man near Fort Wayne this week, suspected in the 1988 murder of a little girl.“

Reference:
Suspect in 1988 killing of Indiana girl, 8, appears in court

“Investigators examined genealogy databases — the same search method that helped lead investigators in California to alleged Golden State Killer Joseph James DeAngelo in April — in the search for Tinsley's killer, according to the affidavit.

It's still unclear how detectives Brian Martin of the Fort Wayne Police Department and Clint Hetrick of the Indiana State Police used DNA information in the Tinsley case, but the affidavit says they worked with "highly trained genealogist" CeCe Moore, a genetic genealogist.“

“We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case.”

Snip

“This case is still very active. We’ve had 36,000 tips about Abby and Liberty and we thoroughly investigate every single one of them,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar about the teens who were killed near the Monon Bridge where they captured video of their killer on Snapchat.”

Break In Indiana Teens' Murder: Cops Give More Evidence To FBI In Hunt For Killer

(Noting error “captured video of their killer on Snapchat”

Also noting their use of “slaughtered bodies”, LE has made no comments re: the condition of their bodies.)

One year after alleged Delphi killer sketch released, here is what we know, and don't:

"We do have cards that we have not laid on the table. But you never want to show your whole hand because it could compromise your case more than it can help it."”

Delphi murder investigators using same DNA tech that led to Fort Wayne cold case arrest

“Investigators working on the Delphi case are now using the same DNA technology used to arrest a man near Fort Wayne this week, suspected in the 1988 murder of a little girl.”

Or another thought re: DNA, perhaps the broader database ID’d someone, and now they’re looking for him:need help finding him (just a thought):

Delphi homicides: Could broader DNA database help catch teens' killer?
Apr. 17, 2018

“INDIANAPOLIS — A broader DNA database is helping police find suspects to unsolved crimes. Perhaps soon it might mean finding the man who killed Delphi teens Libby German and Abby Williams.

Indiana law prescribing the collection of DNA changed Jan. 1, expanding the DNA samplings to include anyone accused of a felony. Before the new law took effect, Indiana only collected DNA — a genetic fingerprint unique to each individual — if a person was convicted.“

Snip

“But if the detectives have the killer's DNA — a point that investigators have been cagey about admitting or denying — the broader DNA database might flag him.”

“This will open the doors to cases we have DNA from but don't have a suspect," Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Tuesday when asked about the expanded index system.

Riley continued the investigation's longstanding practice of not saying whether they had DNA in the case.“

Snip

“The broader database already has snared suspects in Indiana cases in 44 counties...”

Snip

“Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said running any evidence they have against the broader DNA database is something investigators have not discussed, but it's worth exploring.

The question is when to request the comparison since the new law creates an ever expansive database. Do investigators run a comparison now or wait a few more months after more suspected felons have been arrested, Leazenby rhetorically asked, thinking aloud during the interview.“

Or another thought, check this out about “the other 5 suspects” (just a thought), but they did say “they were working closely with detectives in the Tinsley case”:
Murder of April Tinsley - Wikipedia

Police won't say if 1988 Indiana cold case suspect linked to 2017 Delphi murders of two teenage girls
July 18th

“Police have refused to comment on any possible connection between the 1988 murder of an eight-year-old Indiana girl and the deaths of two teenage girls in February 2017 after a suspect was arrested and confessed to the 30-year-old crime.

Delphi Investigators are working closely with the detectives who arrested John D. Miller on Sunday in the rape and murder of April Tinsley.“

I really wonder now if they might indeed release a new BAU profile, hmmm..

Also, thinking about COD and possibility of SA, would they possibly release this now? I would think not unless they absolutely have to, say maybe to encourage other rape victims to come forward. I doubt this though. Mind is racing now. Ok going back to read!

Last edited:
This generic profile was released in 2017, hopefully it has since been fine-tuned and updated.

FBI releases list of behavioral clues to help track down suspect in murders of teens near Indiana trail
The FBI has since released a list of behavioral clues that could help lead investigators to the killer or killers. The agency is asking the public to be on the lookout for anyone who has exhibited the following signs:

• Changes in their daily routines, including modified sleep patterns
  • Increased use of alcohol or drugs
  • Cleaned or disposed of clothing and / or shoes that might have been worn on Feb. 13
  • Missed work or other engagements
  • Anxiety, nervousness or irritability
  • Excessive attention to the investigation, media coverage or lengthy discussions related to the murders
"On Monday, February 13, the individual or individuals responsible for these crimes may have been absent from work, missed or cancelled appointment or social engagements, or been unavailable or unresponsive during the afternoon period," the FBI explained in a news release. "They may have been a 'no-show' or offered a plausible excuse for their absence or tardiness, such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc."

FBI releases list of behavioral clues to help track down suspect in murders of teens near Indiana trail
“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does. We have not ruled out the possibility that it is a local person. Every time we clear somebody it gets us closer. We are confident that somewhere in the tips we have valuable information and every time we can eliminate one we can move on to the next.”

Additionally / qmfr:
From Feb 2017:

"Special Agent Greg Massa (FBI): "Just think if you had an interaction with an individual who inexplicably canceled an appointment that you had together. Or an individual called into work sick and canceled a social engagement. At the time, they gave what would have been a plausible explanation. 'My cell phone broke, or I had a flat tire on my car.' In retrospect, that excuse no longer holds water.""

Oral History: The Murders of Libby & Abby
An oral history of the murders of Libby & Abby

I wonder if they are going to announce that BG is dead. I really want BG to fill the full weight of justice though.
I think if that was the case, we’d see a much longer press conference, one in which reporters would be allowed to ask questions.

The reason they probably aren’t allowing questions, is that this is still an ongoing investigation.

I’m just hoping something leaks before Monday, because the suspense is killing me.

I’m sure everyone feels that way.

Another thought is could they possibly have linked him to another (unsolved) case(s):

Qmfr:
“This will open the doors to cases we have DNA from but don't have a suspect," Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Tuesday when asked about the expanded index system.

Riley continued the investigation's longstanding practice of not saying whether they had DNA in the case.“

Snip

“The broader database already has snared suspects in Indiana cases in 44 counties...”

Snip

“Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said running any evidence they have against the broader DNA database is something investigators have not discussed, but it's worth exploring.

The question is when to request the comparison since the new law creates an ever expansive database. Do investigators run a comparison now or wait a few more months after more suspected felons have been arrested, Leazenby rhetorically asked, thinking aloud during the interview.“

BBM from above:

“This will open the doors to cases we have DNA from but don't have a suspect," Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Tuesday when asked about the expanded index system.”

—-
ETA:
@gitana1 , seems I’m getting my hopes up, but that’s okay! I’ve/we’ve been disappointed a million times before, what’s a million and one?!

I think if that was the case, we’d see a much longer press conference, one in which reporters would be allowed to ask questions.

The reason they probably aren’t allowing questions, is that this is still an ongoing investigation.

I’m just hoping something leaks before Monday, because the suspense is killing me.

I’m sure everyone feels that way.

I was just thinking I wish I found this out Sunday night instead because it’s going to be a very long weekend now.

I would assume Abby’s and Libby’s families have already been made aware of whatever this “new direction” is.

It could be big. Who knows.
(Honestly MOO JMO IMO I’ve been feeling lately like a break in the case is coming at any minute.)

I never thought that DN resembled BG. But the first time I saw Charles Eldridge’s mugshot I thought, it’s BG!!
I think a lot of us had that reaction, it’s uncanny.

I don’t think it’s going to be him, for two reasons:

I do believe that DNA exists, and if that’s the case, I just don’t see it taking that long to announce a positive match.

It would be unusual for a guy who has killed two girls, to go back to molesting.

That being said, there’s a lot of behavior on the part of Charles Eldridge, that one would expect from this killer.

And the fact that they brought more charges against him just prior to this announcement, would be a pretty big coincidence.

It’s weird.

Last edited:
IF it’s CE, it sure took a long time to link, but then again, maybe not...it could take time; I posted about before, how imo the new parabon backlog begins...

I wonder if they are going to announce that BG is dead. I really want BG to fill the full weight of justice though.

If so, it would be some serious Wizard of Oz up in here...

(“Ding Dong, the witch is dead, witch is dead, witch is dead...Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Deeeead...”)

IF it’s CE, it sure too

If so, it would be some serious Wizard of Oz up in here
“Ding Dong, the witch is dead, witch is dead, witch is dead...song song the wicked witch is deeaaaddd...”
I dunno. I think a lot of people would feel robbed if that were to be the case.

No one likes to see a killer go out on his own terms.

I’m not anticipating any announcement like that though.

You are right in that some guys will use a dog (or a puppy) as a ruse.

As a side note.
Please take care and always keep your guard up while walking your dog on any trails, isolated or not. Never let your love of dogs cloud your perception.

Precautions are taken by carrying my stun gun when walking alone on trails.
When did things get out of hand that we feel the need to bring protection when walking alone on trails.
I don't recall when growing up having to watch out for strangers.

I think about teenage girls having the day off from school and spending the day by hiking on a beautiful trail.
Two beautiful girls being followed by this monster, he tells the girls to go down the hill and is found murdered
the next day.

I talked with the reporter for the Carroll County Comet earlier this year, she said everyone in town believed the girls were lost in the woods and would be found safe. She had been waiting by the phone for their safe return, instead she received a call from either LE or part of the search team that the girls were murdered and the crime scene was horrific.
Prayers always for Abby and Libby

I was just thinking I wish I found this out Sunday night instead because it’s going to be a very long weekend now.

I would assume Abby’s and Libby’s families have already been made aware of whatever this “new direction” is.

It could be big. Who knows.
(Honestly MOO JMO IMO I’ve been feeling lately like a break in the case is coming at any minute.)
Same here!

Precautions are taken by carrying my stun gun when walking alone on trails.
When did things get out of hand that we feel the need to bring protection when walking alone on trails.
I don't recall when growing up having to watch out for strangers.

I think about teenage girls having the day off from school and spending the day by hiking on a beautiful trail.
Two beautiful girls being followed by this monster, he tells the girls to go down the hill and is found murdered
the next day.

I talked with the reporter for the Carroll County Comet earlier this year, she said everyone in town believed the girls were lost in the woods and would be found safe. She had been waiting by the phone for their safe return, instead she received a call from either LE or part of the search team that the girls were murdered and the crime scene was horrific.
Prayers always for Abby and Libby

Nothing has changed. We are as safe as we've always been. When I was a kid, teens and young adults used to hitchhike a lot. And many of them ended up dead.

Killers have stalked and preyed on people all over our country for centuries.

Nothing has changed. We are as safe as we've always been. When I was a kid, teens and young adults used to hitchhike a lot. And many of them ended up dead.

Yes, the statics prove that we are safer than we have ever been.

We’re simply more informed than we were in the past.

Reality says all over the world, whether some Nation's admit this, or not. And we kids didn't seem to be dealing with these brazen types. Maybe there just seems to be more of them now, with our nearly instantaneous news cycle updates.

Sorry if repost, still catching up:

Man resembling rail track murderer is given new molestation charges
By Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com00:50 20 Apr 2019, updated 07:20 20 Apr 201

Man who 'resembles' an FBI sketch of the suspected murderer of two teen girls in Indiana is slapped with five new molestation charges - just hours before cops announce a 'new direction' in their probe of the killings

I am also hoping that this actually is a huge development. I am still hoping that finding BG will close more cases than this one.
I'm hoping there has not been a NEW case tied to him. Just hoping some older ones have been connected. Like Lizzy and Lyric. Solving more than just this one would be wonderful. It'll be a long 30 hours or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member