GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

I’m sure I missed it but two question:
How far is the house from where he was working,
I think the time lines is he was last seen at 739 pm. Who saw him and where was he?
TYIA
If you mean the house where he supposedly went to call his mom, we have never been told where it is or how far. I think I read that his house was about 9 miles from the farm he worked at. The friend was the last to see him but he gave different times when he saw him and where he saw him. Sorry I'm not much help. I think when the investigation is done the timeline will have changed quite a bit.

One other thought I've had is that JM had worked on the farm on Friday and slept over at the friend's house Friday night. He then reportedly arrived at the "work farm" with the friend at about 12:00-12:30 pm on Saturday and soon after developed his toothache. I think somehow, whatever went very wrong, began the Friday night before so that J just wasn't up to working on Saturday. Whether physical pain or mental anguish... I think it was started by some event(s) which took place on Friday night and that, on Friday night, J already wanted to go home. This is just a feeling I have... not based in any known facts at all. Jmo.

One other thought I've had is that JM had worked on the farm on Friday and slept over at the friend's house Friday night. He then reportedly arrived at the "work farm" with the friend at about 12:00-12:30 pm on Saturday and soon after developed his toothache. I think somehow, whatever went very wrong, began the Friday night before so that J just wasn't up to working on Saturday. Whether physical pain or mental anguish... I think it was started by some event(s) which took place on Friday night and that, on Friday night, J already wanted to go home. This is just a feeling I have... not based in any known facts at all. Jmo.
The Saturday noon time must have been when someone could could confirm the two of them there at the farm, or I think the perp would have omitted that from his story. The timeline is all over the place. No telling what to believe at this point.

I’m sure I missed it but two question:
How far is the house from where he was working,
I think the time lines is he was last seen at 739 pm. Who saw him and where was he?
TYIA

Here's some information (that won't help much, unfortunately.)

"Relatives said Jonathon was picked up on Friday to do some work, including milking cows, on a farm in New Harrisburg and later was taken to a family friend's home closer to Carrollton. Investigators said he complained of a toothache and was left alone at the residence. After that, he vanished."
Missing 14-year-old boy found dead after days of searching

Another account:

"The man (the 29 year old friend) told investigators that Minard had been helping him milk cows when he said he had a tooth ache and wanted to call his mom to go home. He and Minard walked back to the man’s home to make the call, the man said — but Minard’s mother never received the call and the boy subsequently vanished, the Repository reports."
Ohio Boy, 14, Vanished from Farm Days Ago — and Ex-Con, 29, Is Person of Interest

"Vanished" is all that's certain per MSM. As to when J vanished... that's still up in the air, imo. It seems possible that the house the man and J went to wasn't very far away because it seems they walked there from the farm. I think some of us have assumed that it was the same man who may have last seen J at around 7:30 pm on Saturday evening but I'm not sure anyone can know that for sure. (This info came from hearing the dispatcher in the background while J's aunt was being interviewed, I believe.) I think the POI made some changes to his "story" so, it evolved into a total mess as seen from the outside trying to look in. Meanwhile, for good reason, LE seems to have successfully thwarted all efforts of anyone who would like to work on a timeline. It's impossible imo. But, good for LE because I think they're going about this the way most good investigations should go.

Here's some information (that won't help much, unfortunately.)

"Relatives said Jonathon was picked up on Friday to do some work, including milking cows, on a farm in New Harrisburg and later was taken to a family friend's home closer to Carrollton. Investigators said he complained of a toothache and was left alone at the residence. After that, he vanished."
Missing 14-year-old boy found dead after days of searching

Another account:

"The man (the 29 year old friend) told investigators that Minard had been helping him milk cows when he said he had a tooth ache and wanted to call his mom to go home. He and Minard walked back to the man’s home to make the call, the man said — but Minard’s mother never received the call and the boy subsequently vanished, the Repository reports."
Ohio Boy, 14, Vanished from Farm Days Ago — and Ex-Con, 29, Is Person of Interest

"Vanished" is all that's certain per MSM. As to when J vanished... that's still up in the air, imo. It seems possible that the house the man and J went to wasn't very far away because it seems they walked there from the farm. I think some of us have assumed that it was the same man who may have last seen J at around 7:30 pm on Saturday evening but I'm not sure anyone can know that for sure. (This info came from hearing the dispatcher in the background while J's aunt was being interviewed, I believe.) I think the POI made some changes to his "story" so, it evolved into a total mess as seen from the outside trying to look in. Meanwhile, for good reason, LE seems to have successfully thwarted all efforts of anyone who would like to work on a timeline. It's impossible imo. But, good for LE because I think they're going about this the way most good investigations should go.
It will be even more of a mess if we find out the 29 year old friend is not the 29 year old POI. I guess it's possible there are two 29 year olds and LE has never confirmed it either way.

The Saturday noon time must have been when someone could could confirm the two of them there at the farm, or I think the perp would have omitted that from his story. The timeline is all over the place. No telling what to believe at this point.

Good point. A point that seems true since the friend then tries to tie up a loose end by saying that he walked J to this other house to call his mother and then just left him there alone without finding out if J had reached his mother or not.... just left him there alone is not believable imo. But, by saying that, the friend thought he could "separate himself" from being together with J in his story as soon as possible. (Gee, officer, I have no idea what might have happened. I wasn't with him for more than a few minutes that day once we got to work.) But, none of it rings true, imo. I think LE walked the POI into quite a few dead ends with their questions.
I think the timeline is all over the place due to the fact that the POI is not a very intelligent person and he may become excessively illogical in his thinking when he's under pressure... easily contradicts himself... iow, I think he's a very bad liar. Jmo.

UPDATE: Jonathon Minard found dead in shallow grave
This map sure does indicate that LE was directed to the site of his body. The extensive searches out of Dellroy were centered around Baxter Ridge Church which is between New Harrisberg and his home in Dellroy. This site is a distance east. I hope someone is talking to LE and making clear what happened. His family deserves no less.

This map sure does indicate that LE was directed to the site of his body. The extensive searches out of Dellroy were centered around Baxter Ridge Church which is between New Harrisberg and his home in Dellroy. This site is a distance east. I hope someone is talking to LE and making clear what happened. His family deserves no less.

Map from link screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190420-085225_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-085225_Chrome.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 37
Devastating this happened to JM, 14 years old! So Sorry, Prayers to his family.

Map mid page

I really think the map locations are just general area markers.

The marker for JM's home is just the center of Dellroy, not any address I've seen for his parents. The marker for "last seen" is in the exact geographical center of Harrisburg Township and as mentioned by another poster, quite a ways to the east of the Baxter's Ridge Church area.

The marker for "body found" is the exact geographical center of Washington Township.

I really think the map locations are just general area markers.

The marker for JM's home is just the center of Dellroy, not any address I've seen for his parents. The marker for "last seen" is in the exact geographical center of Harrisburg Township and as mentioned by another poster, quite a ways to the east of the Baxter's Ridge Church area.

The marker for "body found" is the exact geographical center of Washington Township.

Taking the underlined (by me) part of your comment into account as fact; I feel sorry and worry for the person(s) living on the land where the Carrollton marker is found. When compared to Google Earth, it is very easy to "zero in and jump to conclusions" that may and probably are incorrect. I hope LE sees this news article and makes a public announcement, if necessary, to ensure the safety of this/these resident(s) of Carrollton.

Last edited:
Interesting comment.....opens possibility that he was given something "for pain"?

"Jonathan was last seen April 13 helping a 29-year-old friend on the dairy farm of the friend's dad, authorities said. The teen complained of a toothache and said he'd call his mother at the friend's house to pick him up.

But Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams said Jonathan’s mother didn’t receive that call.

According to Cleveland's WEWS-TV, the person of interest was questioned twice and agreed to take a polygraph test before later backing out."

Body of missing Ohio teen found in shallow grave near farm

Last edited:
Taking the underlined (by me) part of your comment into account as fact; I feel sorry and worry for the person(s) living on the land where the Carrollton marker is found. When compared to Google Earth, it is very easy to "zero in and jump to conclusions" that may and probably are incorrect. I hope LE sees this news article and makes a public announcement, if necessary, to ensure the safety of this/these resident(s) of Carrollton.

Yikes! I hadn't thought of that. Finding the owners of the properties marked in the map is exactly what I was doing, and since I couldn't find any connections to anyplace JM and "friend" should have been, I began to question them. (In addition to the fact that LE doesn't appear to have released the exact locations.)

I just messaged the writer of this article about the concern.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back