Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve often wondered if LE knows for certain if BG, “down the hill” and the killer are the same person. I remember at the beginning they said they weren’t sure...have they finally narrowed that info down? A big part of me thinks there is evidence of a second perp involved.

All the ideas mentioned here are possibilities, but I still wonder WHY a presser to announce it? They haven’t announced anything in 2 years and certainly there have been multiple leads checked and times they thought they got a break. Why announce THIS thing NOW? Something makes it different from everything else.

"SP Public Information Officer Sgt. Kim Riley said Monday’s press conference will show a 90 degree change in the investigation.

“There’s going to be some new information given out,” Riley said. “There’s not an arrest, but there’s going to be some newsworthy information.”

SP PIO doesn't say the words "arrest YET" likely implying there would still be one in the future. Just noticing the lack of the word YET that some news writers have added on their own to the story. The lack of the word YET is curious to me, it makes me wonder if the suspect is dead as some have speculated.

IMO, if this case was linked to another, such as Lyric and Lizzy across state lines, I would think the FBI would be heading the PC and not the ISP.

Or at least a joint presser.
I gave up parsing msm articles.

"SP Public Information Officer Sgt. Kim Riley said Monday’s press conference will show a 90 degree change in the investigation.

“There’s going to be some new information given out,” Riley said. “There’s not an arrest, but there’s going to be some newsworthy information.”

SP PIO doesn't say the words "arrest YET" likely implying there would still be one in the future. Just noticing the lack of the word YET that some news writers have added on their own to the story. The lack of the word YET is curious to me, it makes me wonder if the suspect is dead as some have speculated.

IMO, if this case was linked to another, such as Lyric and Lizzy across state lines, I would think the FBI would be heading the PC and not the ISP.

Yeah, I don't love "newsworthy information." That could mean the perp is dead.

"Promising information" would even be better than "newsworthy."

Nitpicking, perhaps.

IMO, the truth is, DNA results CAN and ARE returned in 24 hours when they want them bad enough.
It only took ONE day to prove this was not the missing boy he claimed to be.
So, IMO that is a game changer with the usual statement that DNA takes 4-6 weeks to come back...
Debunked even.
FBI: DNA test results indicate person isn't the missing boy he claimed to be
Moo

It depends partly on the kind of DNA and the kind of processing that's done. A swab from a living person can be processed very quickly, especially if the LE department can afford one of the new quick-read machines or is willing to pay for expidited processing at one of the big labs. If there are budgetary restrictions, or it it has to be recovered from older remains, or from other surfaces, or anything like that, it can take a lot longer. And different labs have different backlog times.

I’ve often wondered if LE knows for certain if BG, “down the hill” and the killer are the same person. I remember at the beginning they said they weren’t sure...have they finally narrowed that info down? A big part of me thinks there is evidence of a second perp involved.
I have wondered the same, and reasoned that they would be certain BG was the killer IF there was footage on Libby’s video that showed him attacking the girls, or at least a shot of him with the weapon that was the cause of death.

How about “Completely disregard the picture and description of BG” that everyone has been focused on these past 2+ years. Now THAT would be a 90 degree turn!

Remember when they instructed to disregard the hat? I thought that was a turn because it was an unusual hat.

I've always wondered where this case would be, what people's theories would be, and who/what type of person would be a suspect IF:
1. There was no video/audio/image of BG on Libby's phone.
2. There were no witnesses/no composite sketch of BG.

Would the case be further ahead, behind, or basically in the same position?

Instead of spending time looking for creepy random adult caucasion males with big noses and possible puppies or guns/weapons in their clothing, I wonder if people (and LE) would have spent more time investigating other angles, such as:

1. Could the girls have been harmed or set up by a peer or older teenage acquaintance they went to meet near the bridge? (Maybe BG is someone's dad).
2. Could the girls have been harmed by a person connected to someone in either of their families that targeted them on that day? (Maybe BG is a relative's
tennant, handyman, or drinking buddy... and was hired to off the girls as payback for something).
3. Does drug manufacturing/dealing in the area have anything to do with the case? (Maybe the girls witnessed something they shouldn't have).
4. Was BG's original intent to abduct and traffic the girls, but plans went sideways after they fought? (Maybe advertising school was out that day led BG to hover around a known teen hangout to look for an unsuspecting victim).
5. Maybe social media/catfishing did play a role (Remember LE's early statement of something like, 'parents should be aware of what their kids are doing'.

This sounds big, gitana:

“A source tells Eyewitness News the information that will be released is possibly the most significant information to be released publicly as of yet.””

When have they ever uttered such a peep during this investigation...

My hopes are up there’s a break, moo.

Fingers crossed!!!!

IMO, I'm really thinking it may be a parabon sketch release with some regional/ethnic background possibilities.

Thus the wish to have a high profile and well-advertised presser to which the public is highly encouraged to follow/attend. "We need your help - who is this guy?"

Parabon findings combined with wider news coverage seem to be the only things that make sense.

ISP: Delphi investigation moving in new direction, 'significant information' to be released
I hate to get my hopes up :/

"A source tells Eyewitness News the information that will be released is possibly the most significant information to be released publicly as of yet."

"No questions will be taken, and there are no suspects as of now."

RBBM

I know, I know. These past two years have been a roller coaster ride for all of us.

Hoping and praying for that extra tip that will lead to perp(s) arrest.

prayerHandsInHeart.jpg

The Good Friday timing of the announcement is interesting, especially as the new information is to be released on Easter Monday.
Almost as if they have hidden a few "eggs" to distract the public over the weekend until the big tasty reveal on Monday.
Must be something good, imo, speculation.

@dotr , I thought the Easter Holiday timing was interesting as well.

returnKey_EasterEgg.jpg

While I understand the need for justice, I don't feel a need to see the perp hauled around in shackles for prosecution. Don't get me wrong, I watch lots of trials. But lately I feel as if all the photos and videos of court appearances and/or confessions have become a bit of a "sideshow". If the murderer is dead... Fine with me! As long as LE/prosecutors provide significant proof the dead man was, in fact, the murderer.

I'm perplexed by the several-day-advance notice of the Mon announcement as it seems news outlets can generally scramble good reporters within hours... particularly on a case like this.

Currently, I lean towards Eldridge being the perp. He seems to "fit" the look, and the profile, and he is in custody.

All just my opinions, of course.

What's up with Eldridge? I recall when he first came up he looked SUPER goodto me but IIRC people nixed the idea for some reason on here.

Nothing has changed. We are as safe as we've always been. When I was a kid, teens and young adults used to hitchhike a lot. And many of them ended up dead.

Killers have stalked and preyed on people all over our country for centuries.

Couldn't agree more! I remember the hitchhiking issues as well.

Due to the Internet, we see so much more these days, in real time.

Last edited:
It depends partly on the kind of DNA and the kind of processing that's done. A swab from a living person can be processed very quickly, especially if the LE department can afford one of the new quick-read machines or is willing to pay for expidited processing at one of the big labs. If there are budgetary restrictions, or it it has to be recovered from older remains, or from other surfaces, or anything like that, it can take a lot longer. And different labs have different backlog times.
Correct me if i am wrong...did the reward money go down a bit? Maybe to pay for some testing?

So “new direction”. If original direction is random killer who just so happens to be walking same area as the girls, rapes and kills. Then wouldn’t a NEW direction be it was planned? Idk just speculating.
Good thought process. So what was the original direction of the investigation?
1. Keep all information close the to chest. 90 degree change would be release more info.
2. ?? Help me out with what else ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member