Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! I know. What exactly does a “90 degree turn” mean in this case?

We had an unknown person spotted in the area (BG).

Logically, a 90 degree turn would mean that it’s not him. I don’t think that’s what they’re getting at though.

So what else?

Would more information equal a “90 degree turn?”

Not by most people’s definition.

That’s what I think it is though. More focus.

We had a jogger murdered near me a couple years ago (Vanessa Marcotte). At one point in the investigation, law enforcement released results of DNA analysis, that showed the suspect’s race, and probable age (I had no idea that DNA could show age, but it can).

Perhaps that’s what we’ll see here.
And maybe the 90 degrees is the dna suggests a blonde 34 year old.

I agree. Plus CE has blue eyes.
What kills me, is the resemblance is there, his behavior fits (especially being outdoorsy), and the victimology is similar.

The fact that this guy also follows cases like Delphi, is very concerning too.

It’s the best suspect they’ve had, but I still don’t think it’s BG.

Also, did CE have any connection to Delphi or reason to travel there? If not I think it is unlikely he is BG. Evidence, such as cell phone records or a traffic cam, will need to place the suspect conclusively in Delphi in February 2017 to be viable.

And maybe the 90 degrees is the dna suggests a blonde 34 year old.
Yeah. If they are releasing information based on DNA (which is my greatest hope), then they might have changed the physical description of this guy.

That technology seems to be more accurate than a grainy image.

“Just 24 hours after he was slapped with the new charges, Indiana State Police announced there had been a significant development in their investigation into the deaths of Libby German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, who went missing in Delphi, on February 14, 2017.”

Since the two girls were found dead, authorities have consistently stated that they have no concrete suspects and the public would be notified when that changes.”

My best guess is the public will be notified Monday that Charles Eldridge is a suspect in the murders of Abby & Libby.

My own opinion

Yeah. If they are releasing information based on DNA (which is my greatest hope), then they might have changed the physical description of this guy.

That technology seems to be more accurate than a grainy image.
What's scary is wondering if he's connected to any of the other missing teenage girls he's posted about.

What's scary is wondering if he's connected to any of the other missing teenage girls he's posted about.
I think this guy is your standard sicko. There are many thousands of men just like him, all across the country.

Most of them aren’t killers.

It’s possible, but I personally don’t think so.

I agree with you he is what I expect BG to look like as well. I can’t stand looking at photos of him he really really gives me the creeps. He is a monster.
When I first saw the pictures of him, a while ago, the "implement" picture gave me chills. It seemed to fit the LE statement about the recording "being the thing nightmares are made of... " jmho

“Just 24 hours after he was slapped with the new charges, Indiana State Police announced there had been a significant development in their investigation into the deaths of Libby German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, who went missing in Delphi, on February 14, 2017.”

Since the two girls were found dead, authorities have consistently stated that they have no concrete suspects and the public would be notified when that changes.”

I have been following this case, since the start.
Now lurking, and running out of steam, as have been disappointed so often.
Here's hoping, the 'new news' will provide answers and results.
MOO.

I believe that is what they are going to announce. Got a parabon snapshot and he looks nothing like the published picture.
It's occurred to me that BG isn't the murderer. Maybe they know that now. That would certainly be a change of direction wouldn't it? Maybe we've been looking for the wrong guy!
I don't really think this.....but it's a thought.

It's occurred to me that BG isn't the murderer. Maybe they know that now. That would certainly be a change of direction wouldn't it? Maybe we've been looking for the wrong guy!

Wow that would really be something wouldn’t it? I doubt this too but I love all these thought processes.

Suspense is killing me (us).

Last edited:

I'm not sure. It took months for LE to release the composite sketch. If they had DNA in February, they may have had enough analysis done by July to be sure they are looking for a white male. I only takes a few months for companies like 23 & me to give you your ancestry breakdown and a rough sketch of your traits. It's not Parabon level of detail but you would think they would have done a basic confirmation before releasing the sketch and/or corrected it soon after.

If they even have DNA.

But people lacking a fear of heights work in all kinds of professions. Sure, working on tall structures seems to require that quality, but it's not like lack of that fear compels people to work on tall structures. This seems like a really flimsy premise to go off of. Someone not afraid of heights could just as easily be an "office drone" as they could be in any profession working on tall structures. It doesn't make sense to me to jump from "he must not be afraid of heights" to "he may have been working on the nearest tall structure".

I think his job skills (if he has one) also require a lack of a fear of heights (which of course goes with moving easily on high structures). I don't see anyone who is afraid of heights moving over that bridge with their hands in their pockets like it is no big deal. I'd be crawling across on all fours.
If BG is in “predator “ mode he most likely thought they were made more vulnerable on the bridge . Obviously he was right. The bridge is why he could take on two girls at the same time. He could have said he had a gun in his pocketed hand, but all he had to do was punch one of the girls to knock her out, grab her and tell the other to “go down the hill”. ( I apologize for being so graphic).

Copying this over from the media thread (still very behind in here, it’s so interesting to read everyone’s different thoughts!)

LAFAYETTE DISTRICT
5921 State Road 43
West Lafayette, IN 47906

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Kim Riley
Public Information Officer

April 19, 2019

Delphi Homicide Investigation Moves in New Direction

The public is welcome to attend the below media briefing about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation.

What: Public and Media Statement on Delphi Murder Investigation

When: Monday, April 22, 2019 at 12:00 noon

Where: The Canal Center, 1030 North Washington Street, Delphi, IN 46923

Who: Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter will make the announcement on behalf of the Multi-Agency Taskforce

Why: To share information with the media and public about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation

Notes for the Public

• Doors to The Canal Center will open at 11:30 a.m. for the public and limited seating will be available

• The briefing will conclude after Supt. Carter’s statement
##

RILEY/BURSTEN

Does Supt Carter normally make the announcements from the state level or does the local agent on the this case make them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken