GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

For anyone interested, I wasn't able to find an online GIS map (a file has to be requested to view it) where you can enter an owner's name and see a list (and map) of all the property they own in that county.

But I did find this map:
https://www.acrevalue.com/map/OH/Carroll/

While I can't see a way to search for an owner, most of the property parcels can be clicked on, and a pop-up window lists the owner.

Taking the underlined (by me) part of your comment into account as fact; I feel sorry and worry for the person(s) living on the land where the Carrollton marker is found. When compared to Google Earth, it is very easy to "zero in and jump to conclusions" that may and probably are incorrect. I hope LE sees this news article and makes a public announcement, if necessary, to ensure the safety of this/these resident(s) of Carrollton.

After contacting the writer of this article I just received this reply:

"We have clarified the map further so there is no confusion on the location of where Jonathon was found. Thanks. Todd Porter
Special Projects Editor
Canton Repository"

I'm not seeing any changes to the map yet...

UPDATE: Jonathon Minard found dead in shallow grave

After contacting the writer of this article I just received this reply:

"We have clarified the map further so there is no confusion on the location of where Jonathon was found. Thanks. Todd Porter
Special Projects Editor
Canton Repository"

I'm not seeing any changes to the map yet...

UPDATE: Jonathon Minard found dead in shallow grave

Ok, so if the reader of the article taps the location marker labeled "body found" a pop-up explains that that marks a general location. Guess it's better than nothing but I'd guess most people don't know to click on the map. I was hoping they would change the labels.

Last edited:
Area residents said they were heartbroken at hearing the news of the body being found.

“We were hoping he ran away or something; that’s what we were hoping for but that wasn’t the case,” Carroll County resident Bill Burrier told Fox 8. “Just the nicest little kid, and he’d sit there and fish with me. I don’t see how anybody could do that to a 14-year-old.”

“It’s just devastating, a small boy like that, you know, heart-wrenching for his family, I’m sure for his parent and anybody that knew him,” added Carrollton resident Mary Johnson.

Shanta Teeters of Carroll County said that she’d always remember Jonathon as a fun-loving kid who was often out and about in her aunt’s neighborhood.

“I can’t imagine what his mom is going through,” Teeters told WOIO. “He was always walking around Delroy, just out in the summertime and stuff. Just like an everyday kid would be.”

Teeters said her uncle was part of the search party that was looking for the boy. All the volunteers are upset about the body being discovered, she added.

“Everybody’s in shock, I think everybody is saddened, we feel for the family and we just want to see the person who did it pay for it,” added county resident Terry Cheuvron.

Missing Teen Jonathon Minard Found Dead, Buried on a Farm

Officials said previously that Jonathon helped with milking at the farm near New Harrisburg on April 12 and went home after 3 p.m. He returned to the farm after 1:30 p.m. the next day.

According to people on the farm, the boy complained about a toothache and said that he was going to call his mother to pick him up and take him home.

That was the last time he was seen.

“His mom never received that call,” Williams, the sheriff, told WKYC.

Search parties scoured a perimeter area around New Harrisburg with special attention paid to the area around Baxters Ridge Church in Harrison Township.

The body was eventually found in Washington Township about 7 miles from where he was last seen.

Missing Teen Jonathon Minard Found Dead, Buried on a Farm

I need someone familiar with Twitter to help me with this. There is a screenshot of this MSM tweet on social media, so I can't copy it here. But I don't know how to open the actual tweet (posted below) in a way that shows the rest of the tweet that's in the screenshot I saw. The part I can't get to open up says that the farm where the body was found is the same farm where JM was working

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190420-142831_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-142831_Chrome.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 87
I need someone familiar with Twitter to help me with this. There is a screenshot of this MSM tweet on social media, so I can't copy it here. But I don't know how to open the actual tweet (posted below) in a way that shows the rest of the tweet that's in the screenshot I saw. The part I can't get to open up says that the farm where the body was found is the same farm where JM was working

It appears there isn’t any thing else after that, as if someone forgot to type the rest of the sentence.

Carroll County Messenger (@ccmnews60) on Twitter

It appears there isn’t any thing else after that, as if someone forgot to type the rest of the sentence.

Carroll County Messenger (@ccmnews60) on Twitter
I believe it was a different farm.

My first thought was, he was working and the poi did something to him and had to cover it up ?
But it looks like he was transported to another farm after he was deceased ?

I believe it was a different farm.

My first thought was, he was working and the poi did something to him and had to cover it up ?
But it looks like he was transported to another farm after he was deceased ?
That’s what I think, or he was transported there and then killed. I’m suspicious if he ever even “worked” on Saturday or if the poi took him directly to where he was buried.

There is one comment on that page and it is a person asking where the rest of the message went... says that earlier she saw same tweet on Facebook with much more info. It appears like the tweet was cut off intentionally...

This article has the best timeline I've seen that actually makes sense!

"A report filed at the Sheriff’s Dept. said Minard was picked up April 12 at about 3 p.m. at his home in Dellroy to help with chores and milking at an area dairy farm. He then spent the night in New Harrisburg and helped with chores at the farm Saturday morning, returning to New Harrisburg at about 1:30 p.m. When it was time to go back to the farm for evening chores and milking at about 3:30 p.m., Minard said he had a toothache and was going to stay at the home and get hold of his parents. That was the last time he was seen.

A report filed with the sheriff’s department, said when the man Jonathan was staying with called to check on him Sunday evening, the boy’s father said he wasn’t home and a report was filed."

The Carroll County Messenger| Local News, Local Views

This article has the best timeline I've seen that actually makes sense!

"A report filed at the Sheriff’s Dept. said Minard was picked up April 12 at about 3 p.m. at his home in Dellroy to help with chores and milking at an area dairy farm. He then spent the night in New Harrisburg and helped with chores at the farm Saturday morning, returning to New Harrisburg at about 1:30 p.m. When it was time to go back to the farm for evening chores and milking at about 3:30 p.m., Minard said he had a toothache and was going to stay at the home and get hold of his parents. That was the last time he was seen.

A report filed with the sheriff’s department, said when the man Jonathan was staying with called to check on him Sunday evening, the boy’s father said he wasn’t home and a report was filed."

The Carroll County Messenger| Local News, Local Views

That timeline puts things more in perspective for me. My hinky meter was up when I heard he had a 29yr old "friend" but now knowing he spent the night there....well...the hinky meter is through the roof. Poor boy.
ETA: The call from the friend to check on him was just to try and cover his tracks IMO

For anyone interested, I wasn't able to find an online GIS map (a file has to be requested to view it) where you can enter an owner's name and see a list (and map) of all the property they own in that county.

But I did find this map:
https://www.acrevalue.com/map/OH/Carroll/

While I can't see a way to search for an owner, most of the property parcels can be clicked on, and a pop-up window lists the owner.
If you take the parcel number that comes up in the pop up on a property you click on AcreValue to the Carroll County Auditor's property search site you can find the owner using the parcel number.

But I think these are center locations on a map as you suggested earlier as neither the media nor law enforcement actually said what road the property was on in Washington Township.

Until I see otherwise I think it will turn out Jonathon was found on the POI's father's property (which is about 2 miles west of the pin).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back