OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll try to help out.

1. The ATV theory has been bandied about for the last 3 years. I don't think it happened that way. I do think it's possible the Wagners parked some distance from the homes on Union Hill Rd at some point in order to sneak up to them. It's been theorized that, because CR1 had cameras out front that allowed him to see cars pulling up to the house, the Wagners decided to approach from the rear of CR1's home. If so, they likely parked and walked. ATM's would be too loud, too cumbersome and too slow in the dark woods. For reference, see Leonard Manley's interview in which he spoke of CR1s security cameras out front. I've posted that link so many times, my brain is fried. :p

2. CR1 and KR had security cameras at their homes. That has been reported in the news media. They were probably for general security purposes and also possibly to protect the alleged grow ops. Due to the time of year, neither one was likely growing any pot outdoors. Not warm enough yet, still a risk of frost.

CR1 did see the killers coming. Do a google search of the articles from last autumn about the release of preliminary autopsy reports. The recount that CR1 saw the killers coming because he managed to escape into a back bedroom where he was shot several times, once through the door.

It's believed KR was asleep when he was killed, so unable to see anything on his security cams. Because he was asleep. Hope that helps.
Do you think then that the trail cam(s) from 51 UHR listed in discovery took shots of killers creeping in through the woods behind that residence? The cam(s) must have recorded something of evidentiary value. Do all publically available trail cams flash when taking a picture or are there infra red ones too, that don't flash? I'm very interested to see what was captured at that address.

Do you think then that the trail cam(s) from 51 UHR listed in discovery took shots of killers creeping in through the woods behind that residence? The cam(s) must have recorded something of evidentiary value. Do all publically available trail cams flash when taking a picture or are there infra red ones too, that don't flash? I'm very interested to see what was captured at that address.

There are infrared ones that are motion activated of course. His property has trees along the edge. Is it possible they turned around or slowed to let someone out along the edge, and the motion set off his camera? He may not have had it there to catch game, but maybe someone had been messing with him, or stealing his mail, so he had it set up to point toward the road or drive. Edit'; maybe they let them out there, and they were caught going thru the tree lines and went into DR's home through the back.

Attachments

• 51UHRDR.jpg
    51UHRDR.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 33
There is no doubt in my mind that any assets the Wagner 4 had, have now been signed over to other people, maybe even put in a trust for the 2 children. And I am sure the Wagner 4 have been taken out of Fred's Will. All their assets will be gone if the family's get a civil judgement against them. Also I'm sure assets/property/ money have even been moved around and hidden.

Now if you are in jeopardy of being sued, there comes a point where you are not allowed to move or hide your assets. The Wagner's haven't even been found guilty so they probably still have a chance to hide, change, or transfer assets. Or even just liquidate everything.

If the Wagner's lost civil lawsuits, the plaintiffs could NOT then go after Fred's assets or go after the 2 children's trust accounts, etc...
In the case of little SW, could the great grandmother deny inheritance to her by disowning her grandson JW?

There are infrared ones that are motion activated of course. His property has trees along the edge. Is it possible they turned around or slowed to let someone out along the edge, and the motion set off his camera? He may not have had it there to catch game, but maybe someone had been messing with him, or stealing his mail, so he had it set up to point toward the road or drive. Edit'; maybe they let them out there, and they were caught going thru the tree lines and went into DR's home through the back.
Yes and possibly the residents set the cams up because they notice people in the woods more often than usual (possibly one or two W's survailing the area regularly) and wanted to catch a picture?

In the case of little SW, could the great grandmother deny inheritance to her by disowning her grandson JW?

Would she have disinherited G4's child too? So that his ex would never be able to receive anything? I don't think it was about disinheriting the grandchildren, so much as there was friction between the two core families. If FW had helped them in any way, I do believe she'd been charged with complicity and her assets seized.

Yes and possibly the residents set the cams up because they notice people in the woods more often than usual (possibly one or two W's survailing the area regularly) and wanted to catch a picture?

Oh, that's a great thought! They could only account for what the Rs were doing, not every neighbor on the road. ;)

I'm confused by this, for some reason I thought the security cam footage was from the house on the other side of DR's. It its one of the houses north of DR's home, why would the Wags park there to walk in? For some reason I assumed they would park and walk from somewhere between DR and CR1's trailers. So this is interesting and new to me.

ETA: I also think it's possible the camera at 51 UHR picked up the Wags driving by in their car/s. As always, we're trying to speculate with very little info. I don't see anywhere around that end of UHR where the Wags could have parked in a concealed area in order to walk in from the back. They would have to be dropped off. I wish someone could do a drive by for us.

Last edited:
I'm confused by this, for some reason I thought the security cam footage was from the house on the other side of DR's. It its one of the houses north of DR's home, why would the Wags park there to walk in? For some reason I assumed they would park and walk from somewhere between DR and CR1's trailers. So this is interesting and new to me.

That particular property is located in Adams Cty. LM's is too, just as an aside. That road twists and turns on at least two county lines. It's interesting the way the land was cut up.

@rsd1200 is this correct? I circled what I believe was DR's place.

Yes, she had six acres, that butted up to that little lane, and the folks between she and 51, had less than 200' road frontage.

Edit, DR's property line starts just past, above the little pond, near the road, between she and her neighbor.

Last edited:
Hmmm you think Angela may have started getting credit in the boys names and SS#'s years back?
I'm thinking she may have been experienced at this given the SS# of Jakes wife is referenced in discovery.
Very much so...... there are kids hitting adulthood only to find out they have ruined credit etc.

No. Let's say a mother is single with only one child named John, who is the only heir, and the mother writes John out of her will but fails to write in anyone else. In that case, the estate goes to John's children, to be equally divided amongst them.

ETA: I also think it's possible the camera at 51 UHR picked up the Wags driving by in their car/s. As always, we're trying to speculate with very little info. I don't see anywhere around that end of UHR where the Wags could have parked in a concealed area in order to walk in from the back. They would have to be dropped off. I wish someone could do a drive by for us.

The trail cam at the neighbors may have captured JW driving by to pick SW up at a different time(s) than he gave to investigators.

Yes, though I'm no expert. I also wonder how they got inside DR's trailer. As a woman living alone with two young people, she probably kept her doors locked at night. Did they awaken her to answer the door, then storm in with two of the shooters going to Hanna and Chris Jr's rooms? Or did they have a key or know how to pick a lock?

JMO, they parked their vehicles elsewhere as they couldn't risk someone driving by and seeing their car/s parked outside the victims' homes.

If her home was a trailer or used trailer like materials, such as in some prefab homes, a swift kick and most of those doors don't offer much resistance or protection, imho.

The Wagners family is real big on insurance, I wonder if they had life insurances on HR also when Hanna was killed I wonder if Jake signed SW up to draw her mother social security until she turned 18?
That would mean Jake could have some federal charges if he spent SW checks and was to be convicted of any charges against him now JMO

There was a life insurance policy on HR but it was through her family not Jakes. There's been mention of Chris and Frankie also having some life indurance. I think in the $20,000 range.

Whoever has legal custody of Sophia is the person who can spend the social security checks that would be available to help support Sophia. MG gets checks to help support R and K. So even though Jake has now been indicted, he was not indicted at the time he had legal custody of Sophia. He was supporting her so he was using the social security money legally at that time.

Oh my y'all... what a wonderful day and such beautiful thoughts of showing these families lots and lots of love! :) Wish I lived much closer...

It would be so nice if we could just somehow express to them our love for them. I'm going to plan a day in May to go down. If anyone would like to record a brief video message for the families, maybe Tricia could advise on how we could compile it. I'd like to personally deliver it to the families on behalf of all of us. I'm working on the arrangements for the headstones. Can someone tell me how many total there are and if they're all vertical, rather than flush with the ground? Feel free to p.m. me also.

It would be so nice if we could just somehow express to them our love for them. I'm going to plan a day in May to go down. If anyone would like to record a brief video message for the families, maybe Tricia could advise on how we could compile it. I'd like to personally deliver it to the families on behalf of all of us. I'm working on the arrangements for the headstones. Can someone tell me how many total there are and if they're all vertical, rather than flush with the ground? Feel free to p.m. me also.

That's so nice of you GoBuckeyes! Very generous. It means a lot to all of us here.

Here's the stone for Chris, Dana and their children. Separate graves, but one big stone
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/161494390/christopher-don-rhoden

Kenneth is in a different cemetery

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/161572412/kenneth-wayne-rhoden

Hannah Gilley is in her family cemetery, not too far away

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/161494464/hannah-hazel-gilley

Just an FYI, the Rhoden's (Dana, Chris Sr. Frankie, Hanna and little Jr.) have individual flat markers on their graves also. They are sad to look at and read the inscriptions. :( Tears flow.

Also, don't leave Gary out of the equation please. He is buried down in Greenup County, KY. at the Miller/Grubb Cemetery (South Shore) Better have 4 wheel drive to go up that road as it has ruts big enough to swallow a Volkswagon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member